Calling all SCI-FI WRITERS! Idea propositions!

Forums Fiction Research and Worldbuilding Calling all SCI-FI WRITERS! Idea propositions!

This topic contains 26 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Michaela 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@overcomer

@jane-maree

🙂 You’re welcome!!

"The truth may not make us comfortable, but it does make us free." Charles Chaput

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@jane-maree

xD Isn’t it amazing when we writers tend to spill over genres…

"The truth may not make us comfortable, but it does make us free." Charles Chaput

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@jenwriter17

🙂 Thanks for letting me in on that tip! Oh great! At least you’re writing it though… I’m still stuck in the outlining stage. 😛

Thank you for the compliment. I have some great hopes for it but I feel like I really need to hone my writing craft first in order to make it happen.

I’ve tried to read the first Out of Time book from Brandes because I’ve heard quite a few people on KP and here rave about it, but unfortunately it never “clicked” with me. 😛 (Hawke was cool, I just have to say. Parvin was okay for me to read… but I couldn’t relate too much and I felt like she was a bit too bland, at least the first half of the book that I read). I want to finish it trilogy one day, though, just to see what happens and per your recommendation… I’ve found out that sometimes the second book is better than the first and I just need to get used to the style and characters.

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@kari-karast

Oh, really! That’s cool! I’m working on The Phantom Menace novelization by Terry Brooks right now – it’s my first SW book. 🙂 I’ll keep in mind your recommendation about Zahn’s Thawn. 😉

Sounds like quite an adventure for Kari in your WIP 🙂

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@pursuewisdom

Huh, I don’t think I’ve ever heard someone say that a Nadine book didn’t click with them. 😉 But the books get better as they progress, in my opinion, and the last book is SO. SATISFYING. 😀 (if you like Hawke, then you’ll love the third book 😛 )

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@pursuewisdom I’m always here to encourage people to give Nadine’s books a try. 😂 I love them so much. 😛

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@pursuewisdom

Ooh. Phantom Menace. With… DARTH MAUL. Ahem. He’s awesome.

So… a little thing about Thrawn. So… the Thrawn Trilogy is part of the Star Wars Expanded Universe and technically isn’t canon anymore. Since the new movies came out. However there’s a book just called Thrawn and another called Thrawn: Alliances that are canon and actually happened. Read the Trilogy if you read any Thrawn books. (feel free to read the others too but read the Trilogy first)

The Trilogy is definitely the best. Plus Thrawn and Thrawn: Alliances have a lot of language. *makes face* And I don’t think the Thrawn Trilogy has very much if any.

(and yes all the Thrawn books are by Timothy Zahn) Okay that was a lot of talking just to explain a couple of things.

And yes. ‘Quite the adventure’ is one phrase for it… XD And technically it’s not a work in progress yet. It’s still in the planning stages.

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

Michaela
    @mgtask

Thank you! I’m an aspiring sci-fi writer!

PursueWisdom
      @pursuewisdom

@jenwriter17

@jane-maree

🙂 Aww… seeing that you both like the series so much, I WILL finish it once I get my current TBR list done. 🙂

PursueWisdom
      @pursuewisdom

@kari-karast

Alrighty! Thanks for the info!

PursueWisdom
      @pursuewisdom

@mgtask

Hi!! What is your current WIP about? How far along are you in it?

And what’s your favorite Sci-Fi? 🙂

Michaela
      @mgtask

@pursuewisdom

Maybe “aspiring sci-fi writer” wasn’t the best way to word that.

I dabble. I’m a dabbler. That’s a better way to word it.

I have a lot of ideas for sci-fi/fantasy stories, but I have a hard time picking one and actually writing about it. I’ve written a few scenes for one story in particular, called “Copycat” (pending title), but that’s about it. It will probably just be a short story/novelette. The story is set in the future, and it involves dopplegangers  as well as some technological themes. It is the story of a woman (in her twenties) who has to make amends with her past in order to destroy the “Copycats” (aliens who capture the likeness of their enemies).

As far as sci-fi books, I’ve only really read the Giver series. I gain most of my sci-fi inspiration from psychological/philosophical themes. I’m more into sci-fi television than books – mainly because I haven’t taken the time to find out what good ones are out there. Are there any you would recommend?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest