Calling All Artists!

Forums Art Art Discussions Calling All Artists!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Sink
    @sarah-inkdragon

So, hello fellow ST artists! I’m looking for some people who are willing to draw some stuff for me. I’m talking character sketches, mythical creatures, maps, etc. It’ll be a mostly just-for-fun commission, so I can get a better feel for my WIP, have some awesome art to look at and inspire me. I may possibly ask your permission to post it on my blog(link in my profile) but I’ll link it back to your blog/deviantart/etc and give you full credit.

Also, I’m looking for someone to do a cover for me. I’m writing a short story that I’d love to have an art cover of, something cool and eye-catching. It’s fantasy, and if you’re interested in doing a digital art cover or such, let me know below and I’ll send you more information.

Thanks everyone! If you’re interested in drawing for me, please comment below and let me know! I’ve got characters I need sketched, animals, cities, maps, buildings, clothing…. anything you could possibly imagine. So let me know what you’d like to do, and I’ll give you more info. 😉

*vader vibes*

Sageinthemeadow
    @sageinthemeadow

@sarah-inkdragon Hey! I could probably do some character sketches, and perhaps some buildings for you.  Just let me know and I’d be happy to give it a try! ;]

https://sageinthemeadow.wordpress.com

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@sara-inkdragon I would be willing to try a character. Maybe an animal too. I don’t think I can do dragons, horses, or lizards though.

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Sink
    @sarah-inkdragon

@sageinthemeadow

That would be awesome! So, first off, I’ve got a half-blood elf that’s giving me a little trouble to get a full body drawing of. (I suck a body proportions). So, could you try drawing him? He’s very tall, lanky, and has jet black hair and blue eyes. Here’s a pic of his head:

Name: Jax

Hair: Black

Eyes: Blue

Race: Half-Blood(Elf/Man)

Description: tall(around 6′ 4″), lanky, wiry, has a light scar over left eye, messy black hair and blue cat-like eyes, very athletic, former assassin, mercenary, wears a long sleeve black coat(not a cloak) with a high collar and buttons down the front from neck to waist. Black/charcoal grey pants, black long-sleeve under shirt, No hood. High gray boots. All clothes must allow him to move freely and leap and climb and fight.

So, there you go! Have fun drawing him. He’s a ball.

*vader vibes*

Sageinthemeadow
    @sageinthemeadow

@sarah-inkdragon I really like his description, I’ll get on it right away! :3

Sink
    @sarah-inkdragon

@the-fledgling-artist

Hi! Thanks so much! So, I’ve got a girl character that you could draw, name Vyrn.

This is kind of a terrible picture, but it’ll help some I hope.

Name: Avyrnia De Chaeron Eleston

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Greenish-Gray

Race: Human

Description: very short, long brown hair and greenish-gray eyes, lightly tanned skin with TONS of freckles, almost delicate in build but wiry muscled, preferred weapon is a long dagger or a rapier. Can also use a bow. Feisty, stubborn character, very controling and protective at times. Veiws the boys(Kirin[my MC] and Jax[another MC]) as children at times when they’re bickering.

I hope all this helps! Thanks so much for drawing. 😉

*vader vibes*

Sink
    @sarah-inkdragon

@sageinthemeadow

Thanks! He’s actually my favorite character. XD

*vader vibes*

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@sarah-inkdragon

May I ask what kind of cloths she should wear? And would you prefer her to have a more neutral expression, or more characteristic? 🙂

Sageinthemeadow
    @sageinthemeadow

@sarah-inkdragon Here it is! I hope I did him justice. >.<

https://storyembers.org/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/45113/1ysfyo0q2w8i2wg83kzqcdsfz5l69j30.jpg

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@sarah-inkdragon – Hey! I could give a go at cover design. I’m an amateur graphic designer. I’ve designed around half a dozen for myself, and I’m not, like, professional, or do it for a job, but I’m reasonably good at it.

If you’d like me to give a try, would it be acceptable for you to put your email up here so I can email you? It’s easier for me to keep up with emails, and in an easier format for me to read. Plus if there’s any art or pictures you actually want incorporated, it’d be easier to get them in email.

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
      No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Sink
      @sarah-inkdragon

@sageinthemeadow That’s awesome! Thanks so much. 😉

@the-fledgling-artist
      Hmm…. Brown leather pants, straight cut(not skin tight, but not baggy either, if you get my meaning) under a white linen-like split skirt that’s split all the way up the sides so she can run. Skirt comes to about the ankles, no longer please, just for practicality. Brown leather boots coming up to the knee, laced. A linen shirt, pirate style, with a brown vest over top, like a dress vest for a suit. Deep scarlet pirate-style overcoat. Sorry for such the specific deal… feel free to tweek the outfit if you think it’s to busy or such.

As for expressions… a feisty expression or sarcastic expression would fit her best, if you want to do it. Thanks again so much!

@anne-of-lothlorien
      My email is sarahirene.anson@yahoo.com

The genre of the novella is fantasy, and I’d love to have something that’s simplistic, like the cover for One Thousand Perfect Notes of This Savage Song. Not that it has to look like that(obviously it won’t, it’s fantasy) but I like the style. Get my meaning? Anyhow, send me an email and we’ll chat. XD

*vader vibes*

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@sarah-inkdragon  I’m sorry if the way I interpreted your character is way off from how she actually is. 🙂 When I was sketching the character out I forgot about her coat, and I think I could have made her a little shorter. Anyways. Here you go!

Sink
      @sarah-inkdragon

@the-fledgling-artist That’s awesome! Did you do it in watercolour?

*vader vibes*

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@sarah-inkdragon Yep! Have you ever tried watercolors?

Sink
      @sarah-inkdragon

@the-fledgling-artist Yeah. I’ve done some, like this:

*vader vibes*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest