Caffeine, Cat Mugs, and How The TTF Ruined Me

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Caffeine, Cat Mugs, and How The TTF Ruined Me

This topic contains 184 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  I, David 2 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 185 total)
  • Author

I, David
    @i-david

Ma’am, I assure you, the only poison to be spread here is that vile black liquid known as coffee.

What an abomination it is…

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@i-david

*Covers face* What have I done?

I am spreading the poison (which yes, it is, I fully acknowledge that. Rather delicious poison…)

I’ve confused Wordsmith to the point that he thinks I made a literal vow of abstinence…

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Buddy J.
      @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

Oh! XD

Okay then. Well, in that case, no shame at all. You’re fine. Don’t let David get to you. He’s just jealous that he doesn’t get the lembas effect with his precious teas.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Buddy J..

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Buddy J.
      @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

Actually, coffee is not poison.

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

EricaWordsmith
      @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

I am NOT fine. I am now going to start craving coffee like I crave dark chocolate and pizza and white chocolate and root beer and more chocolate… *Slaps herself to stop the panic*

No, I am not O.K.

Buddy J.
        @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

*sighs… again* Girl, get a hold of yourself. This is not an emergency. This is life. You will get used it, you are fine.

EricaWordsmith
        @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

*Grins with such an impish grin that I would have to laugh even at myself*

I’ve shocked the TTF, confused Wordsmith, and shamed David. This is actually quite… the interesting experience. I’m feeling better about it all the time.

Buddy J.
          @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

*sighs in a really long sigh*

*then perks up* HEY! There are some really good coffee shops in my town. Like, amazing! Their coffee is really good. When are you gonna come visit them? Then we could meet in person. And you could get REALLY GOOD liquid lembas.

EricaWordsmith
          @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

I should really count how many times he’s sighed…

Welp… ya know East Texas is rather vast right? Pity… I was just in East Texas this morning… and now I am not.

Man… it would be hilarious if I actually DID run into you at a coffee shop only to be drinking hot chocolate.

Buddy J.
            @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

Um, you would not find me at a coffee shop only drinking hot chocolate. Unless God’s providence moves the in strange ways that we all know it does.

EricaWordsmith
            @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

Oops… I meant if I was drinking hot chocolate. After this you’d probably take the thing away from me and dump it down the nearest drain.

Start keeping a tally of whenever you drink hot chocolate or tea. It will help remind me that miracles do happen.

Buddy J.
              @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

Oh!

Actually, no. I would never do that. Instead I would walk up and, like a gentleman, offer to buy you a cup of coffee. <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Then</span> I would dump the chocolate down the drain. (Just kidding. The first part is probably true… the second part… eh.)

Also, I do drink tea. In spurts I’ll drink it a lot! Hot chocolate on the other hand, not so often. But if we had it I would. I’m not  a coffee drinker exclusively.

EricaWordsmith
              @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

If you would go to all that trouble then I would give you full permission to exterminate my cup of cocoa. Unless it’s white hot chocolate… that’s a different story entirely.

Ah, I see. When you get tired of liquid lembas then you can do the other lesser forms of it (I can’t believe I just said that…). And if you said you hated tea… well… I’d find it a great offense and very hard to forgive, so that is a relief.

Buddy J.
                @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

XD XD XD

Tea is in no way a lesser form of liquid lembas. No, it is in some ways better. So it is the equal twin of liquid lembas… or maybe together they make up lembas. *nods* Yes, that sounds better. Tea and coffee are the two parts of liquid lembas. Hot chocolate is the lesser form.

EricaWordsmith
                @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

I agree on everything but the last sentence. In most cases.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 185 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest