fb

Caffeine, Cat Mugs, and How The TTF Ruined Me

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Caffeine, Cat Mugs, and How The TTF Ruined Me

Viewing 6 posts - 196 through 201 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    I, David
    @i-david

@ericawordsmith Piano would be great, especially since most of my songs have slower, sadder energies to them. Guitar (and drums!) are also classic foundations. But I have no training or skill in any instrumental area, so I just hope I can find and learn some online program–and/or friends who might be willing to contribute. XD

And very true–the lack of ability has not stunted my resolve for once.

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@i-david

Why does that not surprise me (since you’re an INFP)?

Yes… a good pianist is so much help… BUT! I will say if you can learn some basic chord progressions it would probably help you a ton. You can do a lot with simple chords… And they aren’t hard.

Good for you!! And same with me… I’m learning the classical style… which basically is the equivalent of learning a new instrument since I can’t sing “normally” anymore. But practice makes progress… So keep at it!

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

I, David
    @i-david

@ericawordsmith …and a Four. :’D

Mmm, probably. Might need to do that then. I’ve really just been winging it in my mind–like always, heh–and it’s worked out so far. I think. XD

Define “normal” singing; and why can’t you sing that way–if you don’t mind me asking.

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@i-david

A Four? Not really sure what that means…

Well if you’ve got a passion for music, then pursue it!! It’s extremely rewarding to be able to make music…

Not at all!

Normal… Well… It’s singing the way that I always had. Literally, just open my mouth and sing. I had a very soft voice actually. I’m a soprano so I have a pretty high voice, but it was very soft and I mainly just sang movie music/folk music.

Not normal… Classical technique. Basically the idea is you use the parts of your body used for speaking and set them up as an instrument and use them with proper technique (AKA no tension anywhere in your body. So no belting). Which… is hard. The part I hate about it is that when you sing with a proper technique it sounds horrific. Like, REALLY bad. BUT it allows you to sing without vocal damage.

The reason why I can’t sing normally… I can and I still do actually sometimes (especially for more folksy stuff) but since I’m a vocal major and the way I sing affects my grades…

But it’s a challenge and it’s very rewarding.

I, David
    @i-david

@ericawordsmith Enneagram. Personality test just like MBTI, and just as good imo. Nailed me just as much, at least (4w5 + INFP ftw). Also… Sleeping at Last made an album about, which is now one of my favorite albums of all time, so. XD

I’m trying to pursue it this way, haha!

And I see. Very interesting. Hope it goes well for you. 🙂

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@i-david

Cool! I’ve never really done much with Enneagram… I need to retake the test…

Sleeping at Last… Never heard of them. I’ll check it out!

Keep at it. 100% keep at it if music is your thing!!!!

Thanks! I’m looking forward to continuing to learn this next semester…

Viewing 6 posts - 196 through 201 (of 201 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest