Caffeine, Cat Mugs, and How The TTF Ruined Me

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Caffeine, Cat Mugs, and How The TTF Ruined Me

This topic contains 184 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  I, David 2 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 185 total)
  • Author

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@w-o-holmes… Oh! You used a word I’m not familiar with. What does ‘tear-dropping’ mean? (new words excite me)

Ah, yes. I do a leeetle bit of poetry. Not much. Enough to get by. I take it you like poetry quite a bit then! Who’s your favorite poet? May we see some of your poetry?

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

William Norfleet
    @w-o-holmes

@wordsmith – Ah, yes. Tear-dropping. Gut-wrenching. Dramatically filled with lush quotations and mugs of coffee.

Yes, I do write poetry quite a bit. As of now my favourite poet would be between Wordsworth and Frost. Though Shakespeare is quite good as well.

And yes, you can count on it. Look at the Forum topic Poetry discussions under Fresh Poems and you’ll find a snippet there. Also in the Introduce Yourself under Hello! *shy wave* I put a poem there not too long ago. Also on Poetry Discussions, I posted a challenge. To those who can write the best couplet. It’s (as you can imagine) under the title I HAVE A POETIC CHALLENGE!

"Eistret an guol nuurdor ank dohk remna lathlrao."- Uondon of Andim

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@w-o-holmes

Well… Not a lot. I try to an extent, but I’m not good at it at all. I like to try to write songs more than I do poetry, but I’m not very good at that either.

Most of my poems are utter nonsense to help me understand what I’m feeling at the time and would never make any sense to anyone other than myself.

Here’s a couple of my (very, very short) poems. (I’m posting them here because I’m not proud enough of them to put them on the actual poetry thread)

This one is actually rather old, I wrote it a long time ago, but I was a little gloomy and up too late.</p>

Distant</p>

I’m lying here with a weary soul,
      I find my heart too full for words,
      As they never tell the whole.
      My dream is burning, bright as a star,
      But just as distant,
      Just as far.

Could my dream be ever reached?
      And in my hands my joy made whole-
      Touch the stars, feel the cold gleam!
      Or will it shadow in the sky,
      My hope is clouded,
      Dreaming died.

This one I came up with watching fireworks on the 4th of July this year.

Fairy Dust Before The Moon

A million fires up in the gloom,
      Resounding, cracking, crashing booms.
      Like fairy dust before the moon,
      And then they’re gone, all too soon.

Flashing blue and green and red,
      Filling the sky above my head,
      Then falling gold in glittering threads,
      And then are lost when the sparks are dead.

They burst in flow’rs of fiery light,
      A golden cloud up in the sky.
      Glorious, sparkling, lighting the night,
      And then reduced to smoke they die.

A thousand flashing, flying blooms,
      Silver and green, gold and blue-
      Trails of light the faeries drew,
      And then they’re gone, all too soon.

Such lovely shooting stars so bright,
      Sparkling gold in falling flight-
      Gleaming fiercely before my sight,
      Playing chase up in the night.

And then it’s done, returns the gloom.
      The sky no longer bursts with plumes
      Of fairy dust that left too soon,
      And silent hangs the crescent moon.
      @wordsmith You recommended I give poetry a try… there’s a couple of my attempts. XD

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

William Norfleet
      @w-o-holmes

@ericawordsmith First of all, you are Not, and I mean NOT, bad at writing poetry. Your feelings came across the page very clearly and deeply. Your form was well, though [as all do] it needs tweaking. Distant floated, I mean it really floated. Great flow and great fun to read. Very muchly how I feel sometimes…detached in a sense.

Fairy Dust Before the Moon. What about that…first of all, it, too, was amazing. I don’t usually see that much feeling come across on a topic that common. Not to say that the sight of fireworks is common because it’s not. It’s, as you put it,-

‘Such lovely shooting stars so bright,
      Sparkling gold in falling flight-
      Gleaming fiercely before my sight,
      Playing chase up in the night.’

You seriously need to keep writing poetry, (that is, unless you don’t like it…). In that case, (sniff). Oh, geez! I’m tearin’ up over here (sniff, sniff, cough, [sneeze!!!, Honk!!!]) Whoops. Sorry. My bad.

William Norfleet
      @w-o-holmes

-This thing won’t delete and so I shall post a public proclamation! …    uh     …. Hold on a minute, I need to think of it first.-

Buddy J.
      @wordsmith

@w-o-holmes… Okay! I shall look into your poetry. 🙂 Also, I don’t know Wordsworth, but is Frost the one and only Robert Frost? I do know him, and I memorized his poem about the woods so lovely dark and deep… though I’d need to brush up on it.

@ericawordsmith… WOAH! WOAH! WOAH! YES! Keep writing poetry! DO IT! LEARN IT! (you might even consider studying it). What I see there is the potential of a poet of the likes I can imagine being. Prose has always been my game, and I dabble in enough poetry to think I know what it is. You could take poetry and make it SO much your own. And then put that into your prose. Do the poetry.

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Buddy J.
      @wordsmith

@w-o-holmes… Ah… *sighs* All those couplets were lovely… and almost drew me into doing one. I sadly had to refrain… because I can’t get engaged in too many things. *starts crying* But I’d love to read more of your poetry… at some time. Though I can’t commit to much right now.

William Norfleet
      @w-o-holmes

@wordsmith Yes Frost is the one and only Robert Frost. Very well written, he.

@ericawordsmith SEEE!!! See what I mean!! Even he agrees with me!

@wordsmith ‘Tis okay for the present moment. Have not I accomplished all pertaining unto those dusty realms? Nay, I fear not. So thus shall I take the plunge and charge forth into the winds of the couplet.

EricaWordsmith
      @ericawordsmith

@w-o-holmes and @wordsmith

Guys…. Ya’ll made my day… Seriously, I am super reluctant to share my poetry with people at all, so that really made me smile.

Thanks again… Maybe I will try to keep up with it more… Because while I don’t enjoy it as much as prose, I still love it.

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Evelyn
        @evelyn

@wordsmith *raises eyebrow* Riiiight.

Excuse me, I have my dear old friend knocking on the door. Enjoy your hole.

William Norfleet
        @w-o-holmes

@evelyn *raises eyebrows* A hole of despair is the whole of inspiration. One person’s troubles are another person’s gifts. @wordsmith is in a deep coma of beautific thoughts of wonderment. *takes hat off* We should console his weary soul.

The condemnation of another

Gives me all the more consideration.

@ericawordsmith You should definitely write more and I am happy to have made your day.

William Norfleet
        @w-o-holmes

-Gosh! There’s another one to the buckets…

Snack Thief
        @anne_the_noob14

No, I am definitely not stalking the forum to see what interesting discussions I might have missed…

@ericawordsmith Oh. My. Gosh. I NEED THAT MUG!!! Can I find it on Amazon??

Ok so page 7 of the forum has me ROFLing omg. @ericawordsmith I like the second version best, although they’re both good XD

Btw, I’m reading each forum page and pasting my comments into this as I read lol.

I don’t have anything I could possibly add to this golden conversation to make it better so I will just watch and cheer.

Aaaand page 8 HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA @wordsmith @ericawordsmith

Page 9, 8th comment, 2nd sentence: @w-o-holmes *slow clap* BAHAHAHAHHA

And then page 10: @evelyn The first thing I thought of when I read the sentence “Excuse me, I have my dear old friend knocking on the door. Enjoy your hole.” was something about Hobbits. I don’t remember the exact thought, but it was something about Hobbits XD

@ericawordsmith Your poetry is beautiful!!

*sniffs* Thank you all for this conversation. It made my day. I love watching people have good-natured arguments. XD

(INFP-A)
        "Fly, you fools!" ~Gandalf

William Norfleet
        @w-o-holmes

@anne_the_noob14 why thanks! I’ll take that as a compliment

I, David
        @i-david

It is I, David, here looking for someone.

I had no idea where to post this, so I’ll just return to this thread, if only briefly, to say: Yes, @w-o-holmes, indeed we are.

I must add that being tagged in someone’s update caught me radically off guard. XD

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 185 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest