Caffeine, Cat Mugs, and How The TTF Ruined Me

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Caffeine, Cat Mugs, and How The TTF Ruined Me

This topic contains 184 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  I, David 2 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 185 total)
  • Author

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

Guys…. I have just been ruined. You may blame The Tolkien Friend, though I hope that I will not be so very ruined that I will be despised and shamed for my behavior, but the ruining is complete.

In fact, many of you will probably come at me with a machete and battle axe. I will probably be shunned and…

I’m not sure I want to go there.

ANYWAY, what has The Tolkien Friend done to me (which is so utterly horrendous) you might ask?

It came in an obnoxious cup that said Obsessive Cat Disorder (which shows just how traumatizing an event this is, seeing as I am not a kitty girl) in TTF’s kitchen around 10:00 P.M. It smelled amazing and I sat blowing at it as she and her parents watched with breathless apprehension.

I took a drink.

And another.

And another.

Stared into space with as expressionless a face as an ENFP can possibly express.

And guzzled my first cup of coffee.

I am ruined. Utterly ruined.

And now my dear tea drinkers will come at me in a fiery host of destruction to chain me to a splintery post in a dungeon so dark I will forget what light ever was and rue the day that I tasted the wretched substance.

Now my dear writerly friends, tell me which is more writerly. A cup of steaming tea, or a mug of rich and heavenly coffee?

Now I’m pretty zonked after running out of doors into the pitch dark to shock even my best friend and the fireflies with the intensity of my woebegone lamenting over breaking my vows of loyalty to my beloved tea on the swing set deep in the middle of the woods where we plotted where coffee will take me and discussed severe intuition for an hour. I’m glad there were no neighbors to hear the hoopla and hullabaloo.

I’m permanently ruined.

I pray you will not despise me dear Emberlings.

*Starts hunting for more coffee*

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Taylor Clogston
      @taylorclogston

Glory be to the oil-dark bean.

Glory be to the tar-broth of life, from whom comes the vision of sound and time.

Glory be to Arabica in his black throne.

"For some reason Nobuo had thought of novelists as pompous and degenerate." -Shiokari Pass

I, David
      @i-david

I spy a with my keen eye… someone spreading the Coffee Lie.

Give up these bean-stained ways, or you shall truly be ruined by it’s horrible ways!

Long live the Tea.

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

Buddy J.
      @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

Madame… fear not. You are not ruined. And you have at least one Emberling here to stand with you. *sighs* Yes, I, Wordsmith, am a coffee drinker… and no, tea is not more writerly.

Coffee, the lovely, coffee the brown. Dull, like a sparrow, yet not putting down.

There. Have some brief poetry. I enjoy coffee quite a bit; you are in good company.

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

EricaWordsmith
      @ericawordsmith

@i-david

Forgive me… I still feel the shame of my betrayal. And I must be wary of you lest you try to end the threat of the poison spreading (AKA me).

@taylorclogston and @wordsmith

*Gives a weak smile and hangs head in shame* I have joined you… I want more coffee… When I likened the feeling of coffee to the feeling of dark chocolate my dear TTF gave a shout of victory and knew the deed was done.

And great job with the odes to coffee guys. XD

Buddy J.
        @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

My Lady! THERE IS NO SHAME HERE! You have done a noble deed. Consider yourself twice stronger, being of both coffee and tea! You have partaken of… liquid lembas.

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

EricaWordsmith
        @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

*Sniggers* He has no idea what that first cup did to me last night due to the shock of breaking my vows to herbal tea… It was… bad. Real bad.

I told the TTF not to apologize for ruining me and in the same 60 seconds changed my mind and demanded that she go ahead and apologize. This will be bad, as in if I compare it to chocolate…

Liquid lembas. XD The TTF will be most pleased with that description.

Buddy J.
          @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

HOW DID YOU BREAK ANY VOWS!? What person would make vows against coffee???

EricaWordsmith
          @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

*Curtsies gracefully*

Well, that would in fact be me.

Buddy J.
            @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

Madame… *sighs*

EricaWordsmith
            @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

*Polishes my halo and smiles innocently*

Buddy J.
              @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

*sighs again* I am confused. But I guess I can live with that.

EricaWordsmith
              @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

Well… I could give a very long reason why I joined the tea side and shunned coffee, but… I’m not able to type it all out in a rant of nonsense right now.

*Laughs*

Buddy J.
                @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

But, like… an actual vow?

EricaWordsmith
                @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

He actually took me that literally…

XD XD XD XD

Sorry, no, I was being sarcastic (as usual). Well… Sort of…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 185 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest