fb

Brainstorming topic for Worldbuilding and stuffnesss to aid each other

Forums Fiction Research and Worldbuilding Brainstorming topic for Worldbuilding and stuffnesss to aid each other

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@emma-walker

Sorry I misread that, I connected the idea to something I read about some certain group of people I think in Africa or Asia who have a similar practice. To me it kinda seems like slavery.

A real hero remains accountable until the end.

Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@emma-walker

I believe it is commonly found as a custom in the middle east.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@storysmith ohhh

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

How do families get to celebrate holidays in a fantasy world?

@storysmith
    @ajstoryteller @erynne @noah-cochran @winter_rose

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@emma-walker

I am honestly not sure what mine be yet till I figure what the cultures are like. For most there will be festival by the whole settlement as big party of singing, music, dancing, feasting, telling stories, sports, challenges of strength and skill, and putting plays or some sort of show. The cultures will most likely have some sort of religion so that will have heavy influence on what the festival/celebration is focused on.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@storysmith This is true, I was just realizing that as we are celebrating Christmas and stuff my characters don’t have that bad so they don’t really get that fun celebrating and stuff with family.
    I have many Regions with many cultures, based off of many real places and cultures and time periods.

Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@emma-walker

Nice! I have a lot of regions to cover, perhaps too many lol I have a lot of races and intelligent creatures (like Narnia) who have their ways of living and rules. My challenge right now is dividing them up to a region that best suits them. There will be regions that have one dominant race and some minor groups and others will be almost equal in number. Then figure out their culture. Some real life cultures I would like to include are Medieval Europe, Roman, Greek, Persian, Celtic, Aztec, Saxons/Vikings, Japanese/Korean, and Mongols/Huns. I use some major characteristics from each then make my own to match the world.  What kind of real cultures are you using?

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@storysmith Well I have an empire based on ancient Egypt, with the slaves like in the Bible, and a sun god.

i have a secluded village that reminds me more of the American pioneers of the west.

i have groups and tribes based of of the Native Americans,

A kingdom I have is a combination of biblical Babylon and some maybe Victorian England,

and another kingdom based off of a combination of some Irish something and Victorian England.

i have a Realm, a hidden underground kingdom-like place. I also have an underwater city.

There’s a couple more but those are the more developed. I need to make a map XD

Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@emma-walker
    That is a great selection of cultures. I really want to do an underwater city but have yet to figure out how to make that rationally possible. I really like the combination of Babylon and Victorian England. If you need inexpensive map-making software, I recommend Wonderdraft, it is designed specifically to create maps and it is only $30. It is easy to learn and straightforward.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@storysmith thanks!
    Ive also heard that Inkarnate is good too.

Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@emma-walker
    Yes! that one is good too. The only downside is that it requires a subscription and an online connection. I am currently using it for a map project for my story to compare how it turns out to my map done with Wonderdraft. Another great map-making software that will possibly be better than Inkarnate and Wonderdraft is Project Deios, which I am excited to test out once there is an official release. It is supposed to be the one-stop shop for all map-making software. XD

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@storysmith Cool!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest