Blogging Question

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Blogging Question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Skye
    @skye

So, for the bloggers among us who who own their own domain names:

>What hosting site do you use?

>What is the real cost per month?

>Is your site monetized? How? Does it cover the hosting costs?

>How many followers do you have?

@jane-maree @daeus-lamb @r-m-archer @ anyone else

Feel free to skip any questions you want. But I’d appreciate the input! Thanks!

https://pilgrimwest.wordpress.com/
    https://thingsabove32.wordpress.com/

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@skye

I’m on WordPress! Definitely recommend this, it’s soo good. Wordfence is also a MUST to keep your site secure.

I have a professional web designer and security management, so I have no idea how much it’d cost ordinarily. 😛

My site is not at all monetized, as ads really bug me and I don’t want to have them on my site.

I have approx. 100 followers that I can see.

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Bill of the Hill
    @bill-of-the-hill

@skye WordPress is what I use. It costs me nothing. 🙂 It’s not monetized, and I don’t really advertise it. I approach it as a hobby and a way for me to prioritize writing, so I’m not aiming for many followers right now.

There once was a man
    Whose name was Bill

Silverclaw
    @silverclaw-bonnetfolly

I’ve also wondered this. Another question that plagues my mind though is what to make the blog about.

Nola? AZELINE!!! For ChristWard!

Edmund Lloyd Fletcher
    @edmund-lloyd-fletcher

For various projects I’ve used wordpress, blogger, and done paid hosting.  Of the three I chose blogger for EdmundLloydFletcher.com because there is a lot more I can do with it before it starts costing money. Also, being a google product part of me wonders if they rank you a smidge higher in the search rankings, but who knows…

For my domain name I went with 1and1 (now called ionos)  though google domains is a comparable alternative ($10 and $12 /yr, respectively).

And no, I have not monetized anything yet.

Homeschooling father of 10, writing Christian action/adventure novels from my home high in the Rockies.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest