fb

Betas Wanted: QOD

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Betas Wanted: QOD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    valtmy
    @valtmy

@seekjustice @rochellaine @jenwriter17 @ashira @introvert-girl @any-others

Given the (hopefully temporary) collapse of the KP forum, I am creating this thread to announce that Part 3 of Queen of Drama has been uploaded for review. I am not very satisfied with this part since I did not cover as much as I intended to but I think it is best that I move on to Part 4 else I end up sitting on Part 3 forever.

Links for Part 3 (as well as the previous parts for reference) can be found below. No pressure here if you are unable to help. While I do wish to get as much feedback as possible, I am aware that QOD is far from being completed and ready for a true beta read. However, I like posting different parts and updating you guys like this because I think it gives me more motivation and accountability in my writing. 😀

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3

For those of you who are not in the loop, Queen of Drama is my historical fantasy/political satire/romance parody WIP that I previously released on the KP forum for beta review. You are welcome to join in if you are interested. Just click on the link to request access (Google sign-in required) but do let me know in this thread so that I know who you are. 🙂

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@valtmy

Sorry for the delay! I read the whole thing today (while I was supposed to be working on SFI) and loved it. I like that Taekyeon is finally getting some more page time and I did feel sorry for Jang. I was starting to like that fellow. It seems to me that people are no more safer in your novels than they are in mine.

Ceud mile failte

valtmy
    @valtmy

@seekjustice

Sorry for distracting 😛 Please continue your good work with SFI!

Glad to know that you loved this part (Drat you, inner critic! Why did you trouble me so?). Feel free to add in comments if you have any. I would like to know if there is anything I can improve on. 😀

I like Taekyeon having more page time too because it seems that the scenes which do not involve him are the angsty ones (My opinion on angsty stories should be fairly obvious by now). As for Jang… He has already been dealt with a really bad hand so I felt sorry too. But it was necessary. There is a reason why I kept insisting that this is not a romance novel after all. 😛

By the way, now that you have finished Part 3, I think you have a fair idea of where this story is going. There is a plot point for Part 4 that I wish to seek your input on. Explaining it is going to be lengthy so do you mind if I drop you an email about this?

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@valtmy

I saw quite a few typos in there, but those aren’t really a problem. One thing that always puts me off a little is when you introduce a character who appears for a few scenes and then dies (I think anyway. I’m presuming the guy that hanged himself was the soldier Sungmin, who then kidnapped Madam Im’s baby? I was a bit unclear on that point). But I don’t really think that’s much to worry about at the moment.

The thing I liked about P3 over the other parts was that it really managed to suck me in. I read it all in one sitting, which I haven’t done with any of the others. Also, Myeongwol is becoming much more sympathetic now, so I feel like I can actually cheer for her when she does something good and when she succeeds, so I think you’re working her arc really well.

Yeah, definitely. Send me an email and I’ll puzzle over it with you.

Ceud mile failte

valtmy
    @valtmy

@seekjustice

Yes, I was frustrated with that part myself but couldn’t figure out how else to convey the whole near-kidnapping thing. I wanted to minimise the soldier’s role. But without introducing and developing the motives of Sungmin, the whole series of events would just seem illogical and contrived. 🙁

All right I’ll send you an email. 🙂

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@valtmy

I would enjoy at least checking it out, even if I do not have a ton of time to dedicate to beta reading it. If you want… I requested access, though. 🙂

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

valtmy
    @valtmy

@selah-chelyah

Thanks for all your detailed comments and edits! 😀 I have replied to some of your comments in the doc and will do a more in-depth review at a later time. Feel free to continue whenever you have the time. 🙂

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@valtmy

Oh, you are welcome! I try to do what I appreciate others doing for me (which is more rather than less), so let me know if I am doing more than you want me to. 🙂 I will! Would you like to check out the first several chapters of my WIP, as well? (No pressure!)

~ Created to create ~

valtmy
    @valtmy

@selah-chelyah

What’s your WIP about? 😀

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@valtmy

😀 It is historical fiction, BTW…I am not sure if you knew that or not.

Okay, I am horrible at trying to write an interesting description for my WIP’s, but here it is anyway, one I wrote for this WIP recently:

Jordan is living the dream as a NY lawyer when he witnesses the horrific events of 9/11. In the aftermath, he must deal with a devastating blow from an unexpected arena, bringing haunting memories from the past into play. Can he admit what he has done, and learn to live and love in the aftermath of trauma?

Antonia is crushed when her dear friend and twin sister is killed in the terrorist attacks. In a cruel twist of events, she is shocked to discover past family secrets she did not know existed, and deal with the ramifications of those secrets. Will she ever recover, and how can she trust anyone again? 

As paths cross and lives change, Jordan and Antonia must learn to surrender their wills to the Lord and let Him take control.

~ Created to create ~

Serenity
    @serenity

@valtmy

I’m not on here very often, but I can beta if you like! your story sounds very interesting!

(FYI, I am Heather. My Google account doesn’t sync with my alter alter ego, unfortunately)

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Serenity.

lover of our Lord, words, and music as his writing tools
    ENTJ
    LOVES COOKIES, KNIVES, AND MUSIC!!!!

valtmy
    @valtmy

@selah-chelyah

I’m confused. A historical? After 9/11?

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@valtmy

Yes, it is his-fic, and it is after 9/11. Anything in the past is history! 🙂 And that was quite the historical event.

~ Created to create ~

valtmy
    @valtmy

@selah-chelyah

Haha ok. I don’t know how much I will be able to help since it doesn’t sound like the kind of things I usually read but I can give it a shot. 🙂

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@valtmy

Okay. And do not feel pressured to read it asap, just whenever you get the chance…and I love tons of feedback. 🙂

My email is needleworksbyselah@gmail.com if you want to email me, and then I will just send you access to the Doc when I finish editing it.

~ Created to create ~

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘General Writing Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest