fb

Beta Readers Needed!

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Beta Readers Needed!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Parker Hankins
    @parker

The Golden Chest’s Secret

Genre: Mystery, adventure/action, contemporary fiction,

About: The Bryder family is living their normal routine, enjoying life in their beautiful small town. After getting word of the museum’s newest addition, they go for a visit. But when an employee gives them a mysterious antique treasure chest, Jared is left with question after question. Where is the key to unlock the chest? Could the chest have something to do with family history?

Everything changes when someone steals the golden chest. Clues and research give a clear suspect. Jared, Jennifer, and Jesse bring a batch of cookies to the new man in town, but there is a bigger motive than friendliness behind their act.

The siblings find themselves in a huge predicament when Russel Jones, an antique thief, and Alvin, Russ’ ruthless accomplice, kidnap them.

After the children’s narrow escape, the questions only increase in their search to understand everything. While they discover town history, the plot behind Russ seems to be larger than the family first thought. How could they stop the criminals? Was there an escape from this criminal organization?

Horrible Synopsis, I know. I really need to work on it.

If you’re interested, comment below!!

I’m still trying to rewrite some of this so it may not be the most quality work you’ve seen.

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@parker I would love to be one of your betas!  Can I read this??!  It sounds cool.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

I am sure @selah-chelyah will also be interested!

*calls into echoing hallway* Selah, yoo-hoo, where are you?  Oh, still sleeping?

*turns back to Parker* Well, Sleeping Beauty might be around later.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@ashira, AWESOME!! Shall I email you the link?

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@parker Yes! Interested I am indeed. Sounds epic, and I should probably get some practice in if I want to do it a lot more later on. 😀

"If you called out to the void loud enough... hard enough... would the void answer back?"

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@hgm_barnes18, awesome!! Tell me when you want the link to the book!

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@parker Anytime is fine. I have a lot on my plate, so I may be the fastest at reading it, but I will certainly make an endeavor.

"If you called out to the void loud enough... hard enough... would the void answer back?"

Parker Hankins
    @parker

That’s fine! Would you rather email me, or me email you?

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

While I’m pretty sure there aren’t any terrorists on here, I will still be careful. XD

I put my email on here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bEVJqWgevLBGZPB1tSSzC91v2i_HwZ8T79vHQTHUx8Y/edit?usp=sharing

Parker Hankins
    @parker

Okay, great!

E. Grace
    @emgc

@parker
    Hey, your book sounds really neat! I’d be interested in beta reading if you’re still looking for more people.

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@parker Great!  My email is imexinart@gmail.com

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@parker  YEAH!! Do I get to read it as well?!?!?! So excited about your recent WIP`s, @parker!  😀

For some reason I thought I had already replied to this topic or I would have been on here way before now…

My email is needleworksbyselah@gmail.com

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Serenity
    @serenity

I’ll read it, @parker! it sounds AWESOME!!!

whenever you want, just send it to me (or you could post it here)

if not, that’s cool too. it seriously sounds awesome though (=

lover of our Lord, words, and music as his writing tools
    ENTJ
    LOVES COOKIES, KNIVES, AND MUSIC!!!!

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@serenity, Awesome!! If you’ll send me an email at parkerswoodworksnc@gmail.com that would be great. But if you don’t want to use your email that’s fine and I’ll post the link to the book.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest