Beta Reader Looking for Beta Reads

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Beta Reader Looking for Beta Reads

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Katy Walker 1 day, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Zachary Holbrook
    @toklaham-veruzia

I noticed Jenna Terese offering her Beta Reader services and thought I’d do the same.

I’ll glad read and give feedback on stories in any genre. However, I believe I’ll be most helpful to writers of sci-fi/fantasy in third person limited POVs, as that’s what I’ve had the most practice writing myself.

One of my greatest strengths as a writer is my ability to write clear and engaging prose, so if you enlist me as a beta reader, expect lots of feedback on how to tighten your narrative, show instead of tell, and avoid common mistakes such as character filters.

おはいよう. 日本語は好きです .

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@toklaham-veruzia

Hola! I actually have a story that I believe needs exactly what you offer. I could put in the time… lots of time… to sift through it with my biased mind. But it would be REALLY helpful if I could get another skilled person to help me.

The story has a few problems I know I’ll need to resolve. For instance, there’s one part where I slip from limited to omniscient. If you have any ideas there, they’re welcome… but aside from that, I’d be looking for the clearest text… without losing the feel I’m working with in the prose.

How would you like to beta-read for me? It’s between 4 and 5K… in the setting of Western (cowboy hats) Fantasy. If you could go through it with a fine toothed comb, I’d much appreciate it.

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Zachary Holbrook
    @toklaham-veruzia

@wordsmith I’ll read it. Can you share it with me as a Google Doc so I can put my comments directly on the document?

おはいよう. 日本語は好きです .

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@toklaham-veruzia

Yeah! *nods*

Has been sent. I sent it to your email:  authorzacharyholbrook@gmail.com

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Katy Walker
    @katy-walker

@toklaham-veruzia

Hi! So, I have a 180 page novel that I would love someone to beta read, but everyone I’ve sent it have to tell me they’ve got too much on their plate already and can’t even read it, let alone give any feedback. It’s a fantasy genre, but I would love a different perspective, as everyone I sent it to writes fantasy. I can definitely use tightening in my narrative (and dialogue) and show vs. tell tips. BUT, if you don’t have time, and/or are not interested in reading/critiquing another genre, no problem. I’m taking a break from that novel and working on another one anyways. But I do want to get back to it at some point soon.

Please note this is my first novel I’ve ever finished a first draft, and I am pretty ignorant as to “correct” and official ways of doing things.

Marvel at His Providence

Zachary Holbrook
      @toklaham-veruzia

@katy-walker I’m interested. I write mostly fantasy, so I can’t provide the different genre perspective you want, I’ll give feedback on the overall plot and, if I like it, I’ll go through it again with some suggestions for improving the narrative.

おはいよう. 日本語は好きです .

Michelle Rose
      @michelle

@toklaham-veruzia Hello I noticed you also beta read for people (which I need) I belive I already taged you on  Jenna Terese beta reader post. Could you please beta read my book for me? It will take you less than 30 or 15 minutes to finish it.

It’s a full length chapter book for kids in 3rd and 4th grade. It is 5 chapters and 6k words and I would LOVE some feedback on:
        – Flow
        – Grammar
        – Do you think it’s publishable?
        – Does it keep your interest?
        – Who is the most relatable character?
        – BONUS – If you have a younger sibling in grades 3 and 4 please read this to them (or have them read it) and give feedback.
        Thank you so much guys!
        Here is the doc:
        https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w9Tj5_RImpZl61iZAdlJ1uSYp5eRatp_1zkoRG-aoeM/edit?usp=sharing

Katy Walker
        @katy-walker

@toklaham-veruzia

Thanks! I have a Google Doc I’m sending to all the beta readers, that way I have all the comments in one place. What email can I use to share it with you?

Marvel at His Providence

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest