fb

Beneath the Mountain… There Lies my Problem

Forums Fiction Research and Worldbuilding Beneath the Mountain… There Lies my Problem

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@ericawordsmith

Are you gonna join a guild sometime??

Cause New Wessex would be more than happy to welcome you. *puppy dog eyes*

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@evelyn
    That’s what I’ve heard, that it really gets you tracking and forcing you to write. No procrastinating allowed. 😉 I think for me, I get on these streaks where I don’t write at all, but I think about it, and then I get back into it and I don’t want to do anything but write (and sing and play the piano [or wish I could play cello]).

@eden-anderson

Wow, that could be a thread in and of itself… Sticking to a story/not liking the way it comes out. I really related to that when I was about 14, but as soon as I got inspiration for my book, I pretty much have never lost inspiration for almost four years now. It’s not broad in the sense that it only covers the span of that particular story (the whole series and all that it pertains), but it is a long streak of inspiration.
    O.K. Well… I was actually thinking about it today. The two sticky questions in my mind: Which guild and why? I want to make sure that whichever guild I would be in would be a guild where I’m really tracking with (like, I am a very Tolkienish fantasy writer who tries to write with that style. Plus, I took the Writing Rank test and scored Expert A 61, and I want to make sure that whichever guild I’m in would be able to help me. HERE’S MY SHOUT OUT TO ANYONE WHO FEELS LIKE THEY ARE GUILD SMART: PLEASE GIVE ME SOME MORE INFO ON ALL THAT IT REQUIRES TO BE INVOLVED
    The other thing is it says I need to pledge to being involved weekly… I don’t know if I can confidently say that I will be. I’m trying to finish up high school, and I am not sure I want to do it yet. I’m interested, but not convinced that now is the time. However, any information would be greatly appreciated. 😉

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@ericawordsmith I’ve heard there is an overload of people waiting to be added to a guild right now and that there may be a new guild that is going to be started…

That’s only a rumor though.

But do I know for sure that there a ton of people in line. 😛

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@ericawordsmith

Okay, well I’m a novice and I still got into a guild, so I don’t know if there’s actually requirements. (Everybody that I’ve interacted with in New Wessex likes LOTR. 😀) And about time requirements, there are people who have gone over a week (and much longer than that) without interacting in the guild I am in and they didn’t get kicked out. So, I don’t know how that all works.

Also, I don’t think you actually get to choose which guild you get in. They assign you one…at least that’s how it was for me…maybe they changed it.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@evelyn, @eden-anderson
    I might just wait for a while and see what happens… I don’t know. I might just think about it a little longer…
    And yes, I do know that you are placed in guilds, but that is also part of the reason I’m a little nervous about it. I have no idea who I’m going to end up with. The folks around here that I know (and consider my SE people) are:

@evelyn
    , @wordsmith, @eden-anderson, @anne-of-lothlorien (I need to quit saying how much I love that name), and @h-jones. And there are quite a few more people running around on this site beyond these five (I really ought to live up to being an extrovert), but… I have no idea as to which ones I will end up in a guild with and if it will be something I will really believe is worth investing time in. What is it that is actually done in the guilds, and is it much different from the general forums?

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@ericawordsmith Well in the guilds you have weekly lessons and exercises to go along with them. You also have wars with the other guilds, some as contests for writing short stories based off of prompts… others for an overall word count to see which guild wrote the most in a certain amount of time… there are also other kinds but I have yet to participate in them. 🙂

Then there is also world building. Together with your guild you get to create the world your guild is in.

@eden-anderson
    Did I miss anything?

Oh! You can see the information about the individual guilds here: https://storyembers.org/guilds/

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn

Nope!

Although I would add that the guilds are created to have a tighter, closer community feel than the general forum, so you get to know people better in your guild and you can keep each other accountable and give encouragement.

@ericawordsmith

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@evelyn, @eden-anderson
    Thanks for the information, I will keep it all in mind, but if this week is going to look like what I think it’s going to look like (and the rest of next month for that matter), I’ll probably hold off for a while…
    *Thinks it would still look really cool to have a badge under my pic though…*

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest