fb

Beneath the Mountain… There Lies my Problem

Forums Fiction Research and Worldbuilding Beneath the Mountain… There Lies my Problem

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@ericawordsmith

I know this thread died over a month ago, but I just wanted to pop in with a cup of tea, maybe a hedge-hug or two, and a question.

So, in order of appearance. Here’s the cup of tea…(Raspberry Lea by the way, and that very particular brand πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰) Here’s the hedge-hug…πŸ¦”β€οΈ…and one more because they are fun…and one more just because.

And now for the question:

How’s your story coming? The one about the two girls and the boy and the mountain?? I know you were struggling with it and I just wanted to ask if you if things had cleared up any…just tell me what’s happening with it or if any thing is happening at all! πŸ˜€

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@eden-anderson

AWWW!!!! Gracious… That couldn’t have come at a better time (I needed a hedge-hug tonight). So, basically my life was eaten by a horrible thing called the SAT test, which I took a couple weeks back (I actually just got my score in today). After that came… NaNoWriMo. This will sound really weird, but despite the plot and that I really like the story, everything… I didn’t get very far before I realized that the inspiration to write it wasn’t there. I feel like when I write a book, I have a spring of inspiration and a will to write it, but in that story, the spring was painfully dry. So, I made very little progress before running back to my real book. With the extra time that no SAT practice gave me, I could get some writing in. I just finished the whole mountain scenes last night (with the help of several particular movie scores). I first listened to Forbidden Friendship over and over, then Across the Stars (over and over), then This is Berk (I’ll let you guess how many times), Across the stars again, then back to a piano cover for Forbidden Friendship. It needs polishing, but especially this week, I have been able to get everything rewritten to a place where I like it better, and now I just have the ending to finish out. After that… Well that’s going to be a whole new phase. Basically I have to really work out a lot of the secondary story and subcharacters, then place the scenes exactly where I want them in the story. Aside from that, major polishing and smoothing out. I just hope I’ll be able to keep it up… finishing high school. *O*

Thanks so much for asking, it feels so good to be on the other side of chopping and hacking…

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@ericawordsmith

Goodness gracious, girl!!! That’s insane! If I were you I probably would have chucked writing down the toilet and just tried to survive.

Losing inspiration isn’t weird and makes total sense to me…I’ve know how frustrating and annoying it can be, especially if you like the plot.

But I am so glad to hear that you are making progress. I feel bad that I was of so little help when you asked for it earlier…but I wanted to check back and see if I could be of any encouragement. I hope things continue to roll smoothly for you, NaNoWriMo isn’t too stressful and you get a totally amazing score on your SAT test. (And if listening to the same music over and over again is how you roll…then keep on listening to that music.😁😁)

Praying for you and wishing you the best…here’s another hug. A real, live, good hug…❀ or as real as you can get over the internet. 😜

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

And can I just say that you look absolutely beautiful in your new profile picture! ❀ ( You looked beautiful in the last one too.😁)

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@eden-anderson

Ha-Ha!! That’s what I did earlier this year… but I needed to get back to it. Not writing is like sleep deprivation or something (and I know sleep deprivation: surviving a two week music camp with anywhere between 5-3 hours of sleep per a night).

Yes… It didn’t take very long for me to realize that it just wasn’t there. Sort of that pulling teeth sensation (no, I know that one too and it’s not a good description. Pulling teeth isn’t bad, neither is putting them back in, but that’s another story. [Maybe root canal is better, I’m dreading the 27th… Trying not to think about it…]). Then I just ran back to my real book with open arms. I’ve given up on NaNo for this year, but I’m not giving up entirely. I plan to someday finish it, but right now the spring hasn’t completely manifested itself. Thankfully, the spring for my real book is gushing right now.

Don’t feel bad!! Everybody contributed something (and who says hedge-hugs aren’t fantastic??) I would say that the whole thread was just a shot in the arm, but that is an extremely negative thing for me… (I hate needles with a passion) It was the boost of energy I needed to push me toward the beginning. Thanks so much, that really does encourage me to hear that, I hope one day you’ll hold a copy of it in your hands and enjoy it over a cup of steaming tea. Here’s a hug right back. πŸ˜‰ <3

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@ericawordsmith Awww. Sounds like someone does need hedge hugs and cups of tea. *hands a steaming mug over* πŸ™‚

I’ll be praying for you! <3

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Evelyn.
    EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@evelyn
    Thank you so much, @evelyn, that is super encouraging. <3 I need to go make a cup of tea… πŸ˜›
    How is NaNoWriMo going?? πŸ™‚

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@ericawordsmith It’s going thankfully! πŸ˜› xD

I’m barely staying on top of it… as in I’m usually one hundred words ahead at the end of each day. I’m hoping to get a lot done this week though.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@evelyn
    That’s still great, that adds up. No crashing and burning yet. πŸ˜‰ Do you feel like you’ll be a NaNo girl for some time to come?

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@ericawordsmith

Can’t wait to read it! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

(I hate needles too…*ugh*…like IV’s, they are terrible. *shivers*) Aw man! A root canal? I’m sorry…I got my wisdom teeth out recently…and that was bad enough, I’m imagining a root canal is even worse. 😒 I’ll pray for you!

@evelyn

Hey, hope NaNoWriMo keeps on going well for you…I’ve never done it, but EVERYBODY is talking about it. It sounds hard, so thumbs up to you for doing it! I think I’d be too scared at this point. πŸ˜‰

Is this your first year or are you an old pro?

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@ericawordsmith Probably. πŸ™‚

I’ve found it very helpful in forcing me to write. xD

I’ve had a problem with perfectionism getting in the way of my first drafts and making them take two years. πŸ˜› And now I’m being “forced” to write one in only one month. πŸ˜‰

We’ll see though… I have yet time to crash and die. xD

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson First timer. πŸ™‚

If you have trouble getting yourself to write a first draft, then I would totally suggest that you try it out next year! And if you do, let me know so we can freak out together as the deadlines come closer. πŸ˜‰

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Evelyn.
    Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn

Getting a first draft? Hahahaha. *laughs scornfully* I’m doing good if I can get my first chapter. Perfectionism is such a huge problem for me. I have this great, awesome story in my head…it’s just totally AMAZING and then I go to write it and it’s horrible and everything that could be wrong with it is and it’s not anything like it was in my head and then I get frustrated and I give up.

Only to repeat the process a couple weeks later.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Okay, rant is over.

I’ll return to being little, nice, normal me. (actually that’s not a thing…I’m not normal or nice. πŸ˜›)

And thanks. I’m actually freaking out about this word war right now…so we can still freak out together, just about different things. πŸ˜€

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Getting a first draft? Hahahaha. *laughs scornfully* I’m doing good if I can get my first chapter. Perfectionism is such a huge problem for me. I have this great, awesome story in my head…it’s just totally AMAZING and then I go to write it and it’s horrible and everything that could be wrong with it is and it’s not anything like it was in my head and then I get frustrated and I give up.

xD

Yep.

That’s me.

Or was me. πŸ˜‰

Now I have NaNoWriMo to force me to write an entire first draft and force me to throw perfectionism out the window because either I do that, or I loose. Remember: the purpose of the first draft is not to write a perfect story but to have a story written. You go back later to reword the descriptions and fix the grammar and make the characters feel more real.

Seriously though, NaNo helps me a lot. You should try it next year! πŸ™‚

And thanks. I’m actually freaking out about this word war right now…so we can still freak out together, just about different things.

*straightens and eyes you suspiciously*

Guild war?*grins* I don’t freak out about those… Parimi Alca has everything under control. πŸ˜‰

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn

*sticks out tongue*

Blah, blah, blah. Yeah, whatever. WE HAVE NOT YET BEGUN TO FIGHT!!!!!!!

😜

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest