Belated Hello

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Belated Hello

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Zee
    @zee

Hello, I’m Zee (at least online.) Since I finally found the location of this thread, I figured I’d introduce myself properly. I’m a mid-thirties mother of two, late of Central Asia, now of St. Louis, Missouri, which happens to be the flattest and coldest place I’ve ever lived.

I’ve been writing all my life, but have only recently got into writing for publication/public consumption. I’m two books into to a six book Christian romance series starring various characters from a country that doesn’t actually exist. So yes, a little odd.

I suspect I’m one of the older writers on this site, but that’s fine. I’m here to participate and learn. Thanks for having me!

You can check out my series website at: https://shardsofsevia.wordpress.com

Wingiby Iggiby
      @wingiby-iggiby

@zee

Hi! πŸ˜€ That is so cool that you lived in Asia! I have only ever lived in the US my whole life (but I love this land!); maybe someday I’ll get to travel to other countries. It’s so cool how people from different countries or states all get on the same website and we get to talk with each other!

And your book sounds so interesting; even from that short description it can’t be tooΒ odd! How do you know you’ll do six books? I can’t look any farther than one. πŸ˜›

"Whatever man loves dominates them. I loved wrong, for I loved myself. You don't know how sorry I am."

Mel
        @melodyjoy

@zee

WOW!

Hi!

So, about how long are these books you are writing? Six of them.

Mind-boggling for me LOL

Nice to meet you!

I live in the USA too!

MELODY

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Zee
          @zee

I just have all the stories planned out in my head and stored away somewhere, so when I’m finished with one I pull out the next, dust it off,Β  and begin. But they are not long books, so it’s not as impressive as it initially sounds.

Wingiby Iggiby
            @wingiby-iggiby

@zee

It’s still cool! But I think I understand. My book shall only be one book long, though, because I don’t know if I have enough plot to fill another.

"Whatever man loves dominates them. I loved wrong, for I loved myself. You don't know how sorry I am."

Anne of Lothlorien
              @anne-of-lothlorien

@zee Hello! *crazy waving* May I just say welcome? I may? Awesome.

WELCOME!

I hope you love it here and are encouraged, inspired, and entertained.

Now pardon me while I launch into my inordinate amount of questions…

How long do you think it’ll take before you finish your series?

Do you have anything else planned for writing?

How old are your kids?

What were some of your favorite parts of living in Asia?

Where’d you live there?

How long have you been in the states? (You think Missouri is flat, don’t come to Indiana)

May I please sit down with you and talk for seven hours about living in another country? I’ve always wanted to travel and live in other countries. It’s a favorite dream of mine and I love talking with other people who have lived it.

You don’t have to answer these questions, really. I just get excited meeting new people πŸ˜‰

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
                No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Zee
                @zee

Thanks for the enthusiastic welcome, Anne! I appreciate it, and am happy to now be part of not one, but two great writing communities.

As for your questions…

I am currently writing book three out of a planned six books, so I expect I’ll be finished less than two years from now. The books are not long, so that’s not as ambitious as it sounds. Of course, the series could always grow…

Right now, as far as writing goes, that’s pretty much it. I think I have to get this series out of my head before I really dive into anything else.

My boys are three and six, and they keep me busy. Fortunately, they love stories!

Far and away my favorite part of living in Asia was the great friends I made there. I love them, and I’ll miss them forever. Spectacular, snow-capped mountains were also a plus, as were cotton trousers with infinitely-expanding waistbands.

We’ve been back in the States just over three years (I was pregnant with my second son when we left.)

Thanks for asking!

claire
                  @claire-h

@zee

Welcome to SE! πŸ™‚ That’s awesome that you have a whole series planned out. I’ve yet to finish a book… And I’ve started way too many.

I live only a couple hours away from Saint Louis. I guess that makes us neighbors!Β  πŸ˜† Where I live it isn’t too flat. Our property actually has a lot of hills, so that’s nice.

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
                    it just blooms.

Ella
                    @writergirl101

Belated welcome:

Hey Zee!Β  I love it when new people join!!Β  And age doesn’t matter at all–it’s awesome to have many different perspectives from all different ages, right?

Btw, your website looks super cool!Β  And so does Sevia–is it based off of a real place?

If something goes wrong in your life, yell "Plot twist!" and keep going. 😎🍰

Zee
                      @zee

Thanks for the welcome! I’m happy to be here. That’s cool you live fairly close to St. Louis, Claire. I don’t know how long we’ll be here, but I’m really enjoying it. I suppose you live out in the farmland somewhere? That’s what Missouri mostly seems to consist of, from what I’ve seen.

Zee
                        @zee

Thanks for welcoming me here, Ella, and I’m glad you enjoyed the website. It was actually really fun (and easy) to make. The country of Sevia is inspired by some of the places I’ve lived, but it’s not meant to represent any real-world place.

Anne of Lothlorien
                          @anne-of-lothlorien

@zee

Six books is awesome! The most I’m able to plan ahead is one.

Awww, three and six. Such fun ages. Both literally and sarcastically. I love little kids though… and they always seem to love me too. πŸ˜€

It is sad to leave friends, but a little cool to know you’ve got them across the world, right?

Just a little tip… I noticed you’re not using tags… you don’t have to by any means, but they help when you talk to someone because it sends an email to make sure they see your post. The tags are the words under someone’s profile name, that starts with a @. Mine is @anne-of-lothlorien Just so you know!

Anne of Lothlorien
                            @anne-of-lothlorien

@zee When you want to tag someone, look under their profile pic. You’ll see two names, one in blue and the other, underneath it, in black and starting with a ‘@’. Just copy the ‘@’ name into your post, like I did with your tag at the beginning of this one. ‘Sall you gotta do! When someone uses your tag you get an email and vice versa. It helps keep up with conversations. πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest