fb

Art

Forums Art Art Critique Art

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Katthewriter
    @katthewriter

Katthewriter
    @katthewriter

That one i sold ^

I’m starting a craft buisness, rn I’m just selling paintings, but when i really launch it, after we move, I’ll be selling arm knitted scarves, felt stuffed animals,  abs maybe some rock art.

@daeus-lamb
    @anyonewlse who’s sold there book or anything have any tips or refrences on making a website that looks good that people can buy stuff on? I want to launch this business in like a month to a month and a half, so i thought i should give myself plenty of time to make my website. I’ve never even made a blog, so I’m really lost. XD

My buisnes is KRafts

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Katthewriter.
    Katthewriter
    @katthewriter

@ellen-blanc @dakota @theinconceivableone @kari-karast @emberynus-the-dragonslayer @taylorclogston

Do you think any of you would be willing to share my website with friends or family when i launch?

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@katthewriter

Of course!! I’d love to share! You do excellent work!!

Sold souls and dead promises

Katthewriter
    @katthewriter

Awww, thank you!  🙂

@katthewriter

You’re welcome. What all kinds of things do you do? Is it just art?

Katthewriter
    @katthewriter

If you read up there i say^ i can do arm knitting,  and felt animals for kids. The art with the figure under the tree was requested by a friend.

But in the future i will probably have pgotography buisness, and hopefully a horse gentling buisness 🙂

@katthewriter

That’s awesome!!

I love photography!! My brother wants to have a photography business. What kind of stuff do you must like to take pictures of?

Katthewriter
    @katthewriter

Landscaping, flowers/plants, and horses.  Though i haven’t had much practice with horses photography. Cuz when I’m with em I’m always doing something with them.

That’s cool! @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

I gtg. Ttyl

DeepRun
    @deeprun

@katthewriter

Weebly is a good platform for launching a website.  You can start for free then register your domain name for a pretty nominal fee afterwards.  There are probably many others out there but I’ve only used that.  It’s fairly easy overall.

BUT

Could I make a suggestion?  You’re obviously talented and ambitious but I think you’d benefit from sitting down and drawing up a business plan or at least a set of goals.  I’ve been exactly where you are right now and it’s overwhelming.  You can do a lot and so you try to do as many things as possible.  Quantity is good but make sure it’s the right endeavor.  It’s good to define to yourself who you are and what you want to do.  It can always change later.

For example, your paintings.  They are well done.  So, sit back and say, “How me that did that cost me? How much can I make an hour? How much of that profit do I need to invest into supplies and education?”  Etc, etc.

You do not have a soul. You have a body.
    You are a soul. - C.S. Lewis

Katthewriter
    @katthewriter

@deeprun

Wordpress is free. .. and you can still make it really pretty. Id,rather find something free.

Obviously? I’m not that good.  The tree is messed up a bit,  and in the ballerina some of my colors are a little wonky.  Yeah that’s what I’m gonna do. . Except idk how to make a buisness plan. .. xD Oh i way do quality over quantity. The one with the figure under the tree is the second redo of it cuz the first one was horrible.  My finished project wasnt as perfect as i wanted it but my friend who requested it loved it.

Oh yes i did that.  I already have prices.

4″6 – $15.00

8″10 – $20.00

12″14 – $30.00 (price includes shipping it)

Thank you!

Katthewriter
    @katthewriter

@deeprun

And I’m just as good,  if not better at arm knitting and felt animals

DeepRun
    @deeprun

@katthewriter

For example, if you’re selling a finished piece of artwork, with shipping, for $20,here’s the breakdown I see.  Roughly.

90 cents for the canvas board, 1.50 for paint, and then say 3.50 for shipping.  I’m going to estimate and say a picture took two hours.  That means you would make 2.10 an hour. Roughly.

Your time is valuable.  Very valuable. A lot of artists, to make ends meet, short themselves on paying time. I’ve done it. It hurts you in the long run.

Your biggest goal is to find a niche market and charge accordingly.  Like your painting for your friend who loved it.  Charging 40 an hour (or scads more) as an artist starting out isn’t realistic but I’ve heard a base price of 20 to 25 is a good place to start.  That way you can fund what you love.

And yes, as a professional artist myself, I can say “obviously” you have talent.  I’m not exactly sure why you have the need to depreciate yourself.  That gets you no where in the long run. Of course your stuff isn’t perfect. No one’s is.  That’s a lie that drags people down.  Are you Da Vinci or Michelangelo? No, (neither am I!!!)but then those are so incredibly rare they are the benchmarks in artistic history.

You replicate forms, figures and shapes well. You have a wonderful impressionist type of handling of thick paint.  You aren’t scared to use bold colors.   Embrace your God given innate talents, keep working and learning. None of this happens overnight, it’s a life long process. It’s part of the fun.

You do not have a soul. You have a body.
    You are a soul. - C.S. Lewis

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@katthewriter

That art is so beautiful! I like to do art too, but seriously, those paintings are gorgeous, and I especially love the one with the dancer (since I’m a dancer myself). I’ve put some thought into selling some of my artwork too, but it usually doesn’t turn out right, I’m not perfect, but then again, who is? Art isn’t about the quality, to me it’s about the feelings I get when I do it, and how much I enjoy it. I always have to remind myself of that, those paintings are SERIOUSLY beautiful, if you do any more you’d like to share, please let me know, so preeeetttttyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! <3 😍😍

“Tears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

Dakota
    @dakota

@katthewriter Sure, I will. And those are really nice paintings!

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.