Art Resources

Forums Art Art Discussions Art Resources

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Evelyn 2 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Hey frens! Its just little ole me Evelyn hoping for a little assistance. (:

This summer has been a frenzy of activity and through it all I have been filling my sketch books and canvases, and while I love what I’m doing, I wish I knew more so that I can grow my skills and knowledge!

I’ve tried watching YouTube videos here and there, but I never know what to search or who to trust, and I have looked through a couple books, but was hoping for more.

Ideally, I would love to take a class, but its not possible, so I decided to ask around. Do any of you guys know of a good blog or channel or some good resource that I could use? (For acrylic and watercolor.) I would appreciate any ideas! 😀

@chalice @the-fledging-artist @sarah-inkdragon @h-jones @lin @anyone-else-who-is-up-for-selling-info ;P

Thanks guys!

Lin
    @lin

@evelyn Oh that’s so exciting! Some youtubers I’d recommend are

– The Mind of Watercolor. His videos really helped me out!

– Katie Jobling. She makes beautiful acrylic floral and ocean paintings and has both videos on tips and tricks and on marketing if you’d ever want to get into that.

– Chris Hong. She does watercolor paintings but its more of the illustrative kind. She usually films her entire process which is nice.

– Lachri Fine Art. She also does acrylic paintings!

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@lin Wow! Amazing, thank you so much!

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@lin Wow, I’m starting to watch these and they are wonderful! Thank you. 😀

Lin
    @lin

@evelyn Aw, I’m glad you like them!

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

Chalice
    @chalice

@evelyn, Hey Evelyn! Not sure if I can help much here. I was never very interested in watercolors, until recently. (Now I’m like, ahh! I want to try watercolor so bad! but I still haven’t looked into that a lot.) For acrylics, though, I would recommend Lee Hammond’s books. She has several books on acrylics, and they were really helpful for me. 🙂

Hope that’s helpful!

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@chalice Yes, thank you! I think I have heard that name before… I will definitely try to find one. Thank you!

Emma Starr
    @emma-starr

@evelyn The youtuber I’ve found most helpful is Shayda Campbell. She has great watercolor tutorials. 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcR1TUaD8Zn6P6O8hOA-xYA

Spreading God's love until I can see seven billion smiles. 🙂 https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@emma-starr Wow, I already love her channel. Thank you!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest