fb

Appreciator of the writer, artist, and/or musician

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Appreciator of the writer, artist, and/or musician

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Allie_LittleWolf
    @littlewolf

Hello!

My name is Allie. I’ve seen a few other Allies out there as well! 🙂 I am a story lover (aren’t we all!), art lover, and craft lover! (among many other things) THAGS if you know what I mean. 🙂 Sadly I don’t play music but I do listen… a lot.

I am currently thinking through my first novel, which has had many rewrites that haven’t gotten too far, and deciding where to go with it. I can hopefully get a premise up eventually.

Reading y’alls posts is one thing that gets me motivated to work on my story! Let me know if you’re interested in the beginnings of my story concept. 🙂

Oh I’m also an ENFP! Any others out there?!

-Allie

You have to be brave to be an artist -Jennifer Trafton

Ella
    @writergirl101

@littlewolf

Hey!!  I’m Ella, and I’m also an ENFP!!  I’d love to learn more about your WIP (I think we all do! 😄)

THAGS!  I love the Wingfeather Saga!  Which book is your favorite?  I like the 3rd one the best.  Maybe the 4th.  I play the piano a little, but I definitely like listening to music better.  I’m weird, so i listen to a weird, wide variety of music:  hip/hop, classical, lo-fi, pop, etc.  I don’t like a lot of contemporary pop, but there’s some that’s appropriate that I like. 😁 What do you listen to?

So it sounds like you’re a fairly new writer…?  What kind of stories do you like to read/write?  I write speculative fiction, thriller/suspense, and fantasy.  My WIP is pretty new, so I’m working on a lot of worldbuilding right now.  Anyways, it’s a fantasy with three cultures/countries based off of Norse, Roman, and Celtic cultures.  I like to make little photo collages for my characters when they’re in the early developing stages (I use Canva.com for this).  Here’s an example of my MC’s:

Ok, sorry, I’m rambling.  Well, I’m glad you joined SE and I hope I (and everyone else) can help you on your writing journey!!! 😃👋

-Ella

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@littlewolf

Hi Allie!

I’m Rose! I’m also an artist and a writer (obviously XD). I drew my profile picture. 😉 I’d love to see one of your drawings if you’d like to share it!

I’d also love to hear your story plot!

I’m working on my first novel too. I’m currently revising it and working on the sequel. It’s (hopefully) going to be a trilogy. It’s a fantasy set in a North-African/Middle-east setting. I’m having way too much fun with the setting and worldbuilding. The country is made up out of seven tribes, some nomadic and others not. It makes for a lot of fun conflict! My MC is Princess Liorah, she’s the one on my profile picture.

I see you’re also a fan of Ranger’s apprentice!! That’s one of my favorites! Who’s your favorite character, and what’s your favorite book?

I love Halt (in the earlier books, he gets a bit dull in the Royal Ranger), Evanlyn, Will, and Tug. My favorite book is book 7.

Nice to meet you!

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Allie_LittleWolf
    @littlewolf

@writtergirl101

Hello Ella! another ENFP! 🙂

Yes, I am new to writing meaning I haven’t written a lot yet but I have wanted to be a writer for a while now.

Hmmm all the wingfeather books are so good! If I had to choose I would probably say the second then the third.

Your WIP sounds cool! Those are some cool cultures to work with. Norse and Celtic are cool. I am a big HTTYD fan as well. 🙂

@rose-colored-fancy

Wow! your drawing is amazing! I’ll see if I can upload something I’ve done eventually. XD

Cool story as well! World-building can be really fun. I love that character name.

Yes! Rangers is great! but I’m only on the third book so no spoilers! 😉 I honestly don’t know If I can pick a favorite character. Will, Evanlyn, Halt, Horace… all great. 🙂

My WIP… Here’s an overview. It’s more of a concept than anything fully developed (an ember 🙂 )

Two main characters (maybe some others) live and train as rangers at the main ranger stronghold. There are ranger outposts throughout the world but ranger’s in training live there. (Yes, I did have this idea before reading ranger’s apprentice 🙂 ) In my book rangers are like a mix of durgans and rangers apprentice rangers. They are the front lines of the kingdom. They fight before the knights are alerted and try to end conflict before it involves the people. They are also scouts and spies so trained in the art of stealth.

Two other characters are the twin heirs of the kingdom relatively sheltered and they are thrown into the adventure. I was originally planning that their parents were kidnapped but I may change that to a friend or one of them. Or have them get involved in another way.

At the beginning of the story there are rumors flying around of people going missing. I’m still figuring out why. XD The main thing I’m trying to figure out before re-starting is the main conflict. I want something that is not to cliche. If someone is trying to overthrow the kingdom or something they need a not cliche reason… Hopefully.

I’m planning on having the characters stumble into this conflict before it the kingdom become aware. And then it grows. The characters also have some backstory that I want to work in but a problem is that I also get into sub-plots that I don’t really know how they tie into the main story conflict.

The world is named Lacktia. Let me know if you have any thoughts, tips, or ideas!

That was long but hopefully I’m on the right track to getting ready to start my draft again. 🙂

You have to be brave to be an artist -Jennifer Trafton

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

@littlewolf

Welcome to StoryEmbers Allie!!!

Jominkreesa

Passion = A Willingness To Suffer

EpicAddie2
    @epicaddie2

@littlewolf

Welcome to Story Embers, Allie!! I looooove music, too! What are your favorite music genres? Do you have a favorite instrument to listen to?

That’s awesome that you’re an ENFP! I’m an INFJ but I know several ENFPs (including my mom) XD Do you know your enneagram number?

EpicAddie2 has been my username for everything since I was 8. Can't go back now.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@littlewolf

Hi Allie!

I love your story idea!

Two main characters (maybe some others) live and train as rangers at the main ranger stronghold. There are ranger outposts throughout the world but ranger’s in training live there. (Yes, I did have this idea before reading ranger’s apprentice   ) In my book rangers are like a mix of durgans and rangers apprentice rangers. They are the front lines of the kingdom. They fight before the knights are alerted and try to end conflict before it involves the people. They are also scouts and spies so trained in the art of stealth.

I love your idea of having rangers!

Two other characters are the twin heirs of the kingdom relatively sheltered and they are thrown into the adventure. I was originally planning that their parents were kidnapped but I may change that to a friend or one of them. Or have them get involved in another way.

That’s also very cool! I like how they are probably going to end up together!

The main thing I’m trying to figure out before re-starting is the main conflict. I want something that is not too cliche. If someone is trying to overthrow the kingdom or something they need a not cliche reason… Hopefully.

Hmm, I do have an idea for this. My favorite technique for creating interesting motivations for villains is giving them a ‘good’ goal (e.g. peace, safety for their family/group/nation, protecting the ones they love from what they see as a threat) and then have them take it too far. Much, much too far. The villain will be convinced that what he’s doing is right, and he’s the real hero in this story. That makes for fascinating villains, in my opinion. Even better if you make it personal somehow!

For example: (No spoilers!) My villain’s motivation is to bring peace to the country, so there will never again be another civil war like the one that killed a family member. The problem is, he’s decided that the way to get peace is by conquering all the other tribes, even though that is causing a war.

Quick tip! Making your villain insane isn’t interesting, and it’s very cliche. (Sorry, John Flanagan! He does that quite often, like 80% of the time.) It makes the villains flat when you could make them one of the most interesting characters.

I’m planning on having the characters stumble into this conflict before the kingdom becomes aware. And then it grows. The characters also have some backstory that I want to work in but a problem is that I also get into sub-plots that I don’t really know how they tie in to the main story conflict.

My suggestion is to learn something about plot structure. Even if you’re a discovery writer, it may help you. I personally LOVE the Save the Cat! Structure. It makes good stories and it’s quite easy to use.

I don’t know if you outline or not, but story structure was really a game-changer for me. It fixes pacing, tightens plot and helps you develop characters without dissolving into side-plots. (Something I’m rather apt to do.) If you’d like to learn more about this, I highly recommend “Save the Cat! Writes a novel.” It’s great and has helped me so much! You can find some videos on YouTube that explain it quite well too.

Wow! your drawing is amazing! I’ll see if I can upload something I’ve done eventually. XD

Thank you!

Cool story as well! World-building can be really fun. I love that character name.

Thanks! I love writing about Liorah. She’s just so much fun! She’s really snarky and stubborn, and has a tendency to get into trouble.

Who are your MC’s? Do you have any ideas for them yet?

Yes! Rangers is great! but I’m only on the third book so no spoilers!   I honestly don’t know If I can pick a favorite character. Will, Evanlyn, Halt, Horace… all great.

IKR! I’ve read the books sooo many times! The books keep getting better and I’d say the series peaks between book 7 and book 9. Those three are my favorites! After that, well, it’s not bad, I just liked the earlier ones more.

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest