fb

Anyone willing to critique my story? :P :D

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Anyone willing to critique my story? :P :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    storyjoy
    @storyjoy

So I’ve really wanted to know how good my writing actually is. πŸ˜› So I put a few of my favorite clips (that don’t contain spoilers) on a Google Doc in hopes someone’s willing to read them and tell me what you think… πŸ˜›

I’ve included a few sentences explaining the context of both clips, so hopefully it’ll make sense. πŸ˜€ Also, it *might* help to read the premise of my book on my profile. πŸ˜›

You can comment on the doc, or you can comment on here. Either way, I’m fine with. πŸ˜€

I’d love to hear what you both like and dislike about my story… but don’t worry about being super polite if you find something wrong. I like brutally honest people. πŸ˜‰ xD

Anyway, here’s the link to the Doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Tg9koboYorQTXD9d4_JmLpfcTEplZvregN1JIyM7I6M/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks!! πŸ˜€

*cartwheels out*

Princess Foo
    @princess-foo

@storyjoy I made some comments. I thought it was really great! Seriously. I know you said you like honest people, and this is me being honest. Both clips made me want to keep reading.

The cake is a lie. acaylor.com

storyjoy
    @storyjoy

@princess-foo Thank you so much!!! =)) *goes to look at your comments*

*cartwheels out*

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@storyjoy

Joy! I read your snippets and really enjoyed them. The comments I left were not those of one disappointed, but one very happy to play a role in giving advice.

In all things please remember this: Advice is free and you don’t have to take it. πŸ˜ƒ

Have fun with your writing!

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@storyjoy, I’m not scared to tell you what I think!! I’ll be sure to critique it.

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

storyjoy
    @storyjoy

@wordsmith

Thanks so much for reading and commenting!! πŸ˜€

Haha, yup! And you remember that I really do appreciate your comments even if I don’t agree XD Part of one of the MBTI personality types that I’ve gotten told me that “So long as everyone understands not to take their words too personally, anyone who isn’t afraid to discuss new ideas – and have them converted into so much confetti – is likely to find stimulating and thought-provoking friends in you.” And that is totally me. XDDDDD

*cartwheels out*

storyjoy
    @storyjoy

@parker Thanks!! =)

*cartwheels out*

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@storyjoy, My pleasure!

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@storyjoy

So… I’m not a huge fan of the MBTI, but I will tell you I think I relate with an ENTJ…

That being said, I am an extroverted who really enjoys debate and such kinds of discussions. I really enjoy talking with people about the nitty gritty of writing, and also critiquing on a sentence by sentence level.

storyjoy
    @storyjoy

@wordsmith

Oh, okay. πŸ˜€

That’s neat πŸ˜€ Yeah, I love debates too, except when I lose them. XD I don’t know which personality type is the most competitive, but whatever it is, that’s what I am. πŸ˜›

*cartwheels out*

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@storyjoy

One way you might describe me is not afraid of conflict. I will run into conflict without realizing it’s conflict, even though I want to deal with the conflict… It’s a little complicated.

But I am highly competitive.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@storyjoy

Here’s an interesting link. I looked at the paragraph of my paragraph (ENTJ) and it is spot on.

The Competitive Nature of Each Myers-Briggs Type

storyjoy
    @storyjoy

@wordsmith Haha, that’s interesting! πŸ˜› For me, if I find someone close to me disagrees with me on anything (even on the spelling of a nonexistent word, yes that’s an actual debate me and my best friend have all the time), I’m going to try to debate them and change their mind. XD

Ah, that’s interesting! Of the ones I just now read, I’m definitely ESTJ in the competition regard. πŸ˜› πŸ˜€

*cartwheels out*

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@storyjoy

Anyone who debates with me will probably say I was trying to get them to change their view. Because I do that… And yes, I can so understand arguing about how to spell an nonexistent wordΒ Β (you gotta start somewhere…)

Yeah… I am not super competitive in the way an ESTJ is. I probably have a high pain tolerance, so it might take more to make me stop, but I don’t get aggressive just for competition.

storyjoy
    @storyjoy

@wordsmith

Lol, yup. xD By the way… this is totally random, but I must know… Do you spell it Hmph or Humph? XDDD

Lol! I cannot stand losing anything (though I will pretend like I totally don’t mind) soo…. but yeah. I’m the kind of person who has to be the best in everything or else I’m not happy. Which basically means I’m never happy. *facepalm* XD JK, it’s not that bad… yet…

*cartwheels out*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest