Anyone Need a Beta Reader?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Anyone Need a Beta Reader?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

I know, I know…It’s weird. I am creating a topic to offer my beta reading services instead of requesting it. πŸ˜‰

Anyway…

I’ve really enjoyed beta reading in the past, but I haven’t done so in a while. So I thought I’d ask to see if anyone was looking for a beta reader currently??? Also, if you’re free and want to offer to beta read for anyone who might need it, feel free to announce that in this topic! πŸ™‚

Please tag some more if you’d like: @seekjustice @rochellaine @catwing @kendra-lynne @eden-anderson @mariposa @gabrielle-pollack @faith_blum @valtmy @theresa-play @ashira @chalice @corine @dakota @everyone

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

Faith Blum
    @faith_blum

I’ll actually have something ready for beta-reading soon. It will be a couple weeks yet, though.

ISTJ ~ Independently published author ~ wife ~ mother of two in heaven ~ www.faithblum.com

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

I have a handful of short stories that could use beta-reading, if you’re interested. One is a contemporary and two are sci-fi. (One of the latter has a depressing ending, fair warning. XP It’s to set stuff up for later in that world so… it’s kind of a tragedy out of necessity. :P)

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@r-m-archer Cool! I’d love to read them if you’d like. πŸ™‚

@faith_blum
    Okay. I’m just concerned it might carry over into November (a.k.a. NaNoWriMo πŸ˜‰ ). How long is it? Don’t get me wrong: I just want to be able to give your story all the attention it deserves without distraction.

www.jennaterese.com

Faith Blum
    @faith_blum

@Jenwriter17 It should be about 20,000 words. Maybe a little longer.

ISTJ ~ Independently published author ~ wife ~ mother of two in heaven ~ www.faithblum.com

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@jenwriter17 Cool! I’ll gather them all onto a doc and post the link. πŸ™‚

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@jenwriter17Β  I do in fact have a short story that needs some help…if you would like to beta-read it for me.

Actually never mind, it’s more like flash-fiction. I just checked the word count and it’s only 1,233 words. So yeah…don’t know if you would be interested but I’ll put it out there. πŸ™ƒ

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@r-m-archer Awesome! πŸ™‚

@faith_blum
    Okay, cool. I think I can handle that. πŸ˜‰

@eden-anderson
    I’d love to read it! πŸ˜€

www.jennaterese.com

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@jenwriter17 Aww, thanks! Should I e-mail it to you?

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@jenwriter17

I don’t have anything ready for betas just yet, but you’re already on my “go-to” list for readers anyway πŸ™‚

Mahalo keia huiΚ»ana

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@jenwriter17 Hey, great thread!! I love beta reading too!

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.

valtmy
    @valtmy

@jenwriter17

Hi πŸ˜€ You’re always welcome to help me beta read Queen of Drama. The links can be found here.

I’m still working on Part 4 but you can take a look at the first 3 if you wish. πŸ™‚

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17

@eden-anderson You could do that (maybe even via my website contact page) or you could put your story in a Google doc and post the link. Either one you want. πŸ™‚

@seekjustice
      Sweet. πŸ˜‰

@vatlmy Okay, I will keep that in mind! πŸ˜€

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer
      πŸ˜€

www.jennaterese.com

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer

@jenwriter17 I’m sorry this took so long. I was expecting to be able to go over one of the stories one last time, copy it to the doc, and then post the doc yesterday, but I had technical difficulties that ate up way too much time. XP Anyway, they’re all on here now. Thank you for your willingness to look them over! πŸ™‚

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17

@r-m-archer Okay, awesome! No problem. πŸ™‚ Can I leave comments in the document or do you just want me to tell you what I think here in this topic?

www.jennaterese.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest