Anyone Need a Beta Reader?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Anyone Need a Beta Reader?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Ariel Ashira 1 day, 13 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

I know, I know…It’s weird. I am creating a topic to offer my beta reading services instead of requesting it. πŸ˜‰

Anyway…

I’ve really enjoyed beta reading in the past, but I haven’t done so in a while. So I thought I’d ask to see if anyone was looking for a beta reader currently??? Also, if you’re free and want to offer to beta read for anyone who might need it, feel free to announce that in this topic! πŸ™‚

Please tag some more if you’d like: @seekjustice @rochellaine @catwing @kendra-lynne @eden-anderson @mariposa @gabrielle-pollack @faith_blum @valtmy @theresa-play @ashira @chalice @corine @dakota @everyone

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

Faith Blum
    @faith_blum

I’ll actually have something ready for beta-reading soon. It will be a couple weeks yet, though.

ISTJ ~ Independently published author ~ wife ~ mother of two in heaven ~ www.faithblum.com

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

I have a handful of short stories that could use beta-reading, if you’re interested. One is a contemporary and two are sci-fi. (One of the latter has a depressing ending, fair warning. XP It’s to set stuff up for later in that world so… it’s kind of a tragedy out of necessity. :P)

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@r-m-archer Cool! I’d love to read them if you’d like. πŸ™‚

@faith_blum Okay. I’m just concerned it might carry over into November (a.k.a. NaNoWriMo πŸ˜‰ ). How long is it? Don’t get me wrong: I just want to be able to give your story all the attention it deserves without distraction.

www.jennaterese.com

Faith Blum
    @faith_blum

@jenwriter17 It should be about 20,000 words. Maybe a little longer.

ISTJ ~ Independently published author ~ wife ~ mother of two in heaven ~ www.faithblum.com

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@jenwriter17 Cool! I’ll gather them all onto a doc and post the link. πŸ™‚

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@jenwriter17Β  I do in fact have a short story that needs some help…if you would like to beta-read it for me.

Actually never mind, it’s more like flash-fiction. I just checked the word count and it’s only 1,233 words. So yeah…don’t know if you would be interested but I’ll put it out there. πŸ™ƒ

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@r-m-archer Awesome! πŸ™‚

@faith_blum Okay, cool. I think I can handle that. πŸ˜‰

@eden-anderson I’d love to read it! πŸ˜€

www.jennaterese.com

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@jenwriter17 Aww, thanks! Should I e-mail it to you?

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@jenwriter17

I don’t have anything ready for betas just yet, but you’re already on my “go-to” list for readers anyway πŸ™‚

Mahalo keia huiΚ»ana

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@jenwriter17 Hey, great thread!! I love beta reading too!

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

valtmy
    @valtmy

@jenwriter17

Hi πŸ˜€ You’re always welcome to help me beta read Queen of Drama. The links can be found here.

I’m still working on Part 4 but you can take a look at the first 3 if you wish. πŸ™‚

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17

@eden-anderson You could do that (maybe even via my website contact page) or you could put your story in a Google doc and post the link. Either one you want. πŸ™‚

@seekjustice Sweet. πŸ˜‰

@vatlmy Okay, I will keep that in mind! πŸ˜€

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer πŸ˜€

www.jennaterese.com

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer

@jenwriter17 I’m sorry this took so long. I was expecting to be able to go over one of the stories one last time, copy it to the doc, and then post the doc yesterday, but I had technical difficulties that ate up way too much time. XP Anyway, they’re all on here now. Thank you for your willingness to look them over! πŸ™‚

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17

@r-m-archer Okay, awesome! No problem. πŸ™‚ Can I leave comments in the document or do you just want me to tell you what I think here in this topic?

www.jennaterese.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+Β readersΒ answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest