fb

Anyone Making Christmas Cards Yet??

Forums Art Art Discussions Anyone Making Christmas Cards Yet??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

Does anyone else like to make their own cards? I’ve never attempted to make cards for Christmas, but this year I’m going to try it! Since I have so many to make, I’m hoping to get started soon. ^-^

Anyone else like to make cards?? If so, it might be fun to share how they turn out with each other! ๐Ÿ˜€

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@the-fledgling-artist *jumps up and down hand raised*

Ooh! Me! I do!

๐Ÿ™‚

I love card-making and have already made twelve Christmas cards for this year.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@evelyn Wow that’s great!! 12 already?? *gasps* Way to get on top of things! How long ago did you get started?

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@the-fledgling-artist Last Saturday, as in the 17th, but it only took me the morning and half the afternoon. What kind of Christmas cards do you make and with what mediums?

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@evelyn Well, in the past I’ve used watercolors, colored pencils, and markers for making cards.. I’m not quite sure what I’ll be using for my Christmas cards though. Maybe I can share some pictures once they’re done. ^-^ย  What about you?

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@the-fledgling-artist Neat! I thought you might make cards that way, and no wonder I’m faster. I use stamps and embossing tools to make mine which look good, but take no time at all. ๐Ÿ™‚

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@evelyn Oh that’s really cool! I actually just finished carving a stamp to use on wrapping paper. I thought about using it on cards, but I don’t think it came out quite good enough for that. Do you carve your own stamps? Or are they purchased?

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@the-fledgling-artist You carved your own stamp??? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Yeah, no I don’t do that. xD

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@evelyn Yeah! It’s really fun, but also kind of hard. xD My stamps tend to come out kind of messy. I think I’m just a little bit too impatient with them.ย  ย Where do you buy your stamps? If I may ask. ^-^

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@the-fledgling-artist

Me! I do!

*waves hand wildly*

Me and my sisters used to be huge into card making…in fact we had a room designated just for making cards. I haven’t done as much recently, but I hope to do some for this Christmas.

Wow! That’s so cool that you make your own stamps!!!!

I usually buy mine at Hobby Lobby or Goodwill. You can probably get them at Michael’s and other craft stores.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn

Can I see some of the cards you made??

Pretty please???

*gives you the begging look*

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Libby
    @libby

Um… yes!

I love making cards so much, you guys!

@the-fledgling-artist
    I don’t carve stamps, but that sounds amazing!ย  I’d love to see some sometime!

@evelyn
    I second Eden!ย  Please!

I typically use scrapbook paper and I hand write my letters.ย  That’s incredible fun, especially with gel pens and special writing utensils. ๐Ÿ™‚ย  I also recently experimented with crocheting chains and making designs.ย  It turned out great!ย  And I love using ribbon.ย  And glittery things.ย  They make me happy ๐Ÿ˜€ย  I have my own card-making business…my specialty hobby.ย  So…

Yeah, I love making cards!

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@the-fledgling-artist I buy my stamps from Hobby Lobby, which is my favorite store of all time. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Then I also have some that were gifted to me… I’m not sure where they are from.

@eden-anderson
    A whole room just for cardmaking??? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Can I come?? *giving you the begging look*

๐Ÿ˜‰

@libby
    You have a cardmaking business? That’s really neat! Is it an online business?

And yes, I can send you guys a picture later! ๐Ÿ™‚

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@eden-anderson Wow, a whole room?? That sounds so fun! You and your sister must be very serious about card-making!

@libby
    Maybe I can post a picture of it later. ^-^ You have a business? That’s so cool! How long have you had it?

@evelyn
    If I had a Hobby Lobby near me I would be too weak to resist buying the entire store. xD

Evelyn
    @evelyn

If I had a Hobby Lobby near me I would be too weak to resist buying the entire store. xD

#mylife xD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest