Anyone here 16+?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Anyone here 16+?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Jessi Rae
    @jessi-rae

@phoenix I don’t have a full-on synopsis, but I’ve recently begun work on a new fantasy about an 18-year-old girl in search of her purpose in life and true, unconditional love; she feels like a total failure who’s unwanted and unloved, and believes there’s no point to living if no one loves her (she was abandoned as an infant and grew up with a fisherman and his wife who try to take good care of her, but are unable to give her what she craves). At some point (I don’t yet know if it’s before or after the story begins), she discovers a letter and a black pearl her mother left her as a baby, which point her to a gang of pirates and treasure hunters. So Pearl (the MC) joins them hoping they’ll help her find her mother. That’s pretty much all I have right now; I literally just started brainstorming two days ago.

"How did I escape? With difficulty. How did I plan this moment? With pleasure."

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@phoenix Salutations to you as well. πŸ˜€
    A good question, though unfortunately, I don’t have a good answer. I’m not actively working on anything currently. Art or writing. I’m in the middle of working through some faith-related struggles, and due to their impact on me, my artistic vision and drive to finish anything is a little out of wack. I’ve kinda come to a creative standstill. I’m still working on a few projects but in a very passive sense. As in, I only work on them when I get the rare inclination or motivation to do so. 😜

What are you working on currently??

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@phoenix

I’m working on a mixture of projects. Currently, my big fantasy project that I recently changed the title to Aeonian, and a Hi-Fi novel set either in Vietnam or Korea(not sure which yet, but probably Vietnam.). The Hi-Fi is still in plotting stages but it’s one of the few projects I’ve ever had that I have a firm idea on what I want out of it so hopefully that will go rather easily. πŸ™‚

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

PenSword
    @pensword

I’m 22, so. Hello.

Michaela
    @mgtask

I’m 17; my birthday is in April.

"May it be mercy I show for it is mercy I've been shown." - Written to Speak

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

Heyo! As to my age…hmm…let’s just say that I’m leaving sixteen farther and farther behind and at a most alarming rate. πŸ˜›

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Naiya Dyani
      @naiya-dyani

@eden-anderson *feels ya, except she already left sixteen behind. . .*

Anyway, heya, I’m over 16 too!

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Corine
        @corine

I’m 23 πŸ™‚

luciusbraun
          @theswordinthebook

@phoenix 16 here!

ISTP. Check out my art instagram @smudge_viel Fueled by my family, friends, and lots of tea.

Kendra
            @kendralynne518

I am 16 going on 17. I turn 17 in May. πŸ™‚

just a crazy ENFP/tough cowgirl/obsesses over time travel/middle earth/writer/book dragon/obidala

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
              @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@phoenix

I’m sixteen πŸ˜‰

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.

Shannon Caeley
              @shannon

We’ve got an interesting age gap going on here haha. I’m seeing a lot of 16s and a lot of early 20s. Anyway I’m 18, and @jessi-rae, I think I have had the same problem of not including enough conflict in my stories also lol. Your WIP sounds really awesome! Is it going to include realistic HF elements or are you going to try to avoid historical references?

It will be wonderful. And if it isn’t, you will make it so.

Jessi Rae
                @jessi-rae

@shannon Lol conflict is hard sometimes… πŸ˜› And thanks! πŸ˜€ I’m going to try to avoid historical references, as the story takes place on another world. πŸ™‚

"How did I escape? With difficulty. How did I plan this moment? With pleasure."

Caseybold
                @caseybold

@phoenix I’m old! Lol I think I have everyone on this thread beat so far . . . I’m 26. This makes me feel behind. I’m going to try harder to catch up to you guys!

I'm nobody, Who are you? -Emily Dickinson 뜻이 μžˆλŠ” 곳에 길이 μžˆλ‹€.

Naiya Dyani
                  @naiya-dyani

@caseybold *waves happily* Haven’t seen you around in a while! How’ve things been going?

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest