Anyone doing Inktober?

Forums Art Art Discussions Anyone doing Inktober?

This topic contains 62 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Ariella Newheart 4 hours, 58 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Catwing
    @catwing

@ariella-newheart Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Yeah that’s my favorite so far too.

Day 7 ~ Enchanted

Enchanted girl

Because cloaks are cool and fun. (The reason she has no face is I didn’t want to draw one and wanted to keep it simple looking.)

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

NCStokes
    @ncstokes

*is overwhelmed by the awesomeness of this thread*

I’ve been keeping up with this pretty well! These are my favorites so far: little fall-themed portraits of my MCs!

A small character portrait

A character portrait

I don’t remember what feathers look like, lol.

*shameless self promotion* https://weridasusual.home.blog/

DeepRun
    @deeprun

SO….

Lessons learned.

1. Don’t assign yourself the herculean task of multiple figures when you have a time crunch.

2.ย  Skin tones can end you.ย  Or bring you to tears.

3. Dragon skin tones will make you run screaming into a field.ย  Where you will curl up and cry.

4.ย  I can’t even remember how far behind I am.

You do not have a soul. You have a body.
    You are a soul. - C.S. Lewis

DeepRun
    @deeprun

Kudos and congrats to everyone for keeping on!

If it’s any consolation, I almost quit because the digital thing got the best of me!

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@deeprun

1) Very good advise! ๐Ÿ˜€

2) I luuuuv your picture.ย  Makes me wonder what that guy getting hung upside down did!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@deeprun *winces* I understand. Digital art can be tricky. (Seriously, those skin tones!) Good job on that most recent picture. What was the prompt for it?

And yeah, I’m behind a few days, too. It’s mostly because I couldn’t think of anything to draw based on the prompts. I managed to do one today, though.

@ashira

Makes me wonder what that guy getting hung upside down did!

My thoughts exactly! xD

@ncstokes Those are cute! I like them. ๐Ÿ™‚

Fantasy writer, illustrator, citizen of Parimi Alca

*disappears into the shadows*

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

Inktober Day 11: “Snow”

Based on a true event in my life! ๐Ÿ˜€

Sageinthemeadow
    @sageinthemeadow

Wow! Everyone’s doing so good keeping up! I’ve been struggling a bitโ€ฆ but I’m not giving up!

Days 5-10 (sorry for the spam!)

https://sageinthemeadow.wordpress.com

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@sageinthemeadow Those are lovely! I especially like how in “Swing” and “Enchanted” you made the objects stand out on the black background.

DeepRun
    @deeprun

@sageinthemeadow

I love the intense black and white contrast. And your herringbone crosshatch! Very unique and provides a lot of depth and texture.

@ashira

@ariella-newheart

I’m over half done with manuscript these come from.ย  Lesson being don’t insult a dragon!

The prompt was also to draw the characters with their “squad”.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Just wanted to jump in quickly and say, wow! You guys are doing a great job. ๐Ÿ˜€ I love all the pictures.

Catwing
    @catwing

@ncstokes Those are cute.

@deeprun Yep. Those are some valuable lessons there, I think ran into some of them. (1&2 for this Inktober) That picture looks really good though. ๐Ÿ™‚

@ariella-newheart oooh, it’s pretty.

@sageinthemeadow Never give up! Never surrender! ๐Ÿ˜€ Those are beautiful! I love them!
    I am a bit curious about the skeleton horse in the enchanted picture though.

Day 8 ~ Frail

frail heart

*casually avoids attempting skin tones*

Day 9 ~ Swing

moodswing tea party

I… I can explain… But it might be funny to see what y’all make of it. XD (And yes, I am a bit behind…)

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@catwing “Swing” appears to be some sort of Mad Hatter party where two of the subjects are casually sipping tea while the others are trying to keep from flying at each other’s throats. And there’s a kitty. Bonus points for the kitty. My initial thought was “mood swing” but I suspect I’m way off. xD

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

Inktober Day 12: “Dragon”

Inspired partially by the picture in my profile. ๐Ÿ™‚

Catwing
    @catwing

@ariella-newhart You’re mostly right and it is actually moodswing. XD
    The cat is my cat, Shadow. Kay Waters is dressed up in a mad hatter outfit (she’s basically an imaginary friend character :P). Catwing in the middle is me. Then I had to design two characters for this picture, so there’s anxiety/overthinking on the left (she’s actually holding a plastic cup cause she REALLY doesn’t want to break anything. But you can’t really tell that.). On the right there’s anger/depression (she already broke her first cup so she has to use the one that Anxiety didn’t want). They don’t really want to attack each other. But since Anxiety engaged overthinking, Anger might try having a fit about whatever’s going on. So Anxiety would probably just create a cage around Anger. Meaning Anger just rages inside as Anxiety overthinks and theorizes… Meanwhile Shadow watches and gives me, “My human is crazy” looks and Kay waits for the right time to interject.
    That’s basically it. ๐Ÿ˜›

Yes. Bonus points for kitty. :3

Oooooh… That dragon looks cool. ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ย readersย answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest