Anyone doing Inktober?

Forums Art Art Discussions Anyone doing Inktober?

This topic contains 62 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Ariella Newheart 4 hours, 18 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Chalice
    @chalice

Hello friends! What’s up?

October is coming up and I was wondering, is anyone else is doing Inktober this year? I’ve never done it before, and the month of October is going to be pretty busy for my family, but I would still really like to try.

@dekreel @the-fledgling-artist @lin @sageinthemeadow @anyone-else

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

@chalice  I’m going to do it! Or at least try it. I failed last year so I’m not optimistic about this year, but I really want to do it anyways. 🙂

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

Lin
    @lin

@chalice Ah I’m not sure yet! I kinda want to, but I have other art related projects going on too :’)
    I’m definitely thinking about it though!

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

Chalice
    @chalice

@dekreel, Yay! Yeah, I never seem to get very far in month-long challenges like this, but maybe it’s time to break that cycle for once and for all! XD

@lin, Yeah, I have the same thing going on here. But we’ll see what happens. I might be able to make time for it among my other projects. 🙂

Sageinthemeadow
    @sageinthemeadow

@chalice I’m doing it! I’ve done it for the past couple of years, but I couldn’t decide if I was up for it this year as well. But today I have decided that I will!

https://sageinthemeadow.wordpress.com

DeepRun
    @deeprun

First Inktober Installment.  I admit, I cheated and used an older sketch.

Thoughts?Inktober 1

You do not have a soul. You have a body.
    You are a soul. - C.S. Lewis

DeepRun
    @deeprun

And realized I do my own version of Inktober. Featuring characters in my wip and my own prompts.

Chalice
    @chalice

@sageinthemeadow, Yay!! Happy to have you along. 😀

First day in and I’m already behind. 😛 I might just have to do Inktober a month late because of how busy this month is for our family. But I’ll still be here to cheer the rest of you on. 🙂

@deeprun, Wow! That is amazing! Your shading looks awesome. Is this digital?

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@chalice

I’m not really an arty sort of person but I’m trying Inktober this month to help improve my calligraphy! I’ve already done one and I’m looking forward to doing my second tonight when I get home from work (in Aus it’s already the 2nd)

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Chalice
    @chalice

@seekjustice, Oh, that’s a really neat idea! I’ve always loved calligraphy, but I haven’t practiced in forever and I kinda feel like I’ve lost my knack. 😛 I would love to see what you’ve done so far. 🙂

Sageinthemeadow
    @sageinthemeadow

https://sageinthemeadow.wordpress.com

DeepRun
    @deeprun

@chalice

Yes, it is digital.  I made the leap this spring. It’s been very intimidating and rewarding.

@sageinthemeadow
    I appreciate anyone with the guts to do ink.  I found it so infuriating, it pushed me into digital.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  DeepRun.

Brooke
    @bookcrazygirl

I’m doing it!  I’m also doing this thing called Writetober

I am a writer. If I seem cold, it's because I am surrounded by drafts. -Unknown Author

Chalice
    @chalice

@sageinthemeadow, Ooh, nice! That’s very creative. All I could think of when I saw the first prompt was, “One ring to rule them all.” 😛

@deeprun, Cool! I’ve done a bit of digital art, but the learning curve has been hard. I’m still trying to get the hang of it. I really like yours. What program do you use?

@bookcrazygirl, Wonderful! The more, the merrier! What is Writetober?

Okay, I’ve went back and forth, but I’ve come to the conclusion that I will be doing Inktober this month. Though my art may not be as extravagant as others. 🙂

NCStokes
    @ncstokes

@chalice Oh yeah, I’m doing Inktober! Let’s see if I can actually finish for the first time. When I first started two years ago, I only heard about it in mid-October and started then, and I don’t know what even happened last year. Time got away from me. XD I think I’m going to do every other day instead of every day, though.

@deeprun That’s amazing, dude!

@sageinthemeadow I love your shading! Cool take on the “ring” prompt.

*shameless self promotion* https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest