fb

Any other poets out there??? *eagerly searches the horizon*

Forums Poetry Poetry Discussions Any other poets out there??? *eagerly searches the horizon*

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Haviloki
    @haviloki

@scribbles I’m a poet. I also write songs.

Sherlock, mysterious INTJ, Loki, PotC, mischief maker

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

@enu @devastate-lasting Wow, Chinese poetry? That sounds cool! I’m so impressed. I write some poetry in Spanish, but Chinese just sounds like it must be harder, haha! 😀

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

@haviloki Ah, another songwriter! I’ve met a few on here. What kinds of songs do you write? Do you play an instrument also, or are you just a lyricist?

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

Haviloki
    @haviloki

Umm…I don’t really have a genre of writing, per se. I mostly just write and sing. I had been doing guitar too but I broke my finger so I haven’t been doing that recently.

Sherlock, mysterious INTJ, Loki, PotC, mischief maker

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

@haviloki Oh dear! Yeah, I can see how a broken finger would interfere with playing the guitar. 😐 Do you have any favorite songwriters or singers?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Rachel Rogers.

Dakota
    @dakota

@scribbles I’m rather new around here but I LOVE writing poetry!

Mostly, I write lyrical poetry–like songs, anthems and ballads. I’ve written a few short works for writing in Christmas and birthday cards. I think there are a few that not lyrical about nature and personal struggles but they are the minority.

I just started writing poetry just because I loved to sing and make music. I wanted to express how I felt in song, so I put in into rhyme and tried to sing it. Not very good at the music part but the poetry part grew and grew on me.

Authors that inspire me . . hmmm. . . many of the hymn-writers of history, like Fanny Crosby and Charles Wesley. Probably there are some others but I can’t remember their names at this moment.

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

@dakota Nice to meet you! I love reading lyrical poetry, but I never can seem to write any that feels right. I used to hate free form poetry because it doesn’t have the traditional structure and rhyme patterns, but then I discovered that it’s my favorite to write, and that I’m actually decent at it. xD Now I love re-reading free form poetry that I didn’t like when I was younger, and I find that there’s a lot between the lines with that style. I guess a lot of free form is better with maturity. 🙂

I love the old hymns, too! Isaac Watts is another of my favorites. I’m like you, though…I know there are others, but I can’t think of their names off the top of my head, haha!

Dakota
    @dakota

@scribbles I think my personal favorite traditional hymn is either “My Jesus I love Thee” or ” ‘Tis so Sweet to Trust in Jesus.” There are a some of the modern artists that have composed inspiring  music too, but the old hymns never lose their beauty and majesty.

My top six modern artist would be Casting Crowns, Jeremy Camp, Chris Tomlin, Laura Story, Chris Rice and Rich Mullins. That’s a bit many for the “top” position but I have so many favorites . . .

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@Dakota I love Chris Rice’s Hymn Project… so beautiful!!! 🙂

Dakota
    @dakota

@evelyn I’ll have to look around for it!

Maddie Morrow
    @maddiejay

Hi! Finally getting around to browsing all the forums. I write poetry!

I really don’t know what style you’d call it. I try to keep a rhythm with how long my sentences are, and the words rhyme 😅

As a kid I always claimed I hated poetry, so I have read very little of it. Really, what I meant was, I only write it when I’m really angry or sad. (Or madly in love, now that I’m married) I have to have those really intense emotions, or I can’t write anything worth a darn.

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

@maddiejay Hey, nice to meet you! I saw that you’re one of the new writing interns and I kept hoping I’d run into you somewhere on here. 😀

I write free form, mostly…but I’m the same way with emotions. I can’t write poetry unless I’m experiencing some sort of intense feels. xD And, ironically, when I was a kid, I hated the style I now write. It’s interesting how things like that change as you get older and learn to appreciate different things. Lol.

I hope I get to read some of your poetry sometime!

Maddie Morrow
    @maddiejay

@scribbles, nice to meet you too! I need to get on and interact more often. So much to do, so little time!

Thats cool! Yes, it’s crazy how things can change so drastically as we get older.

Maybe someday I’ll turn out a poem that’s not emotionally distraught and personal, and I’ll submit it to the magazine!

Libby
    @libby

Hey, just saw this, but I wanted to drop by and say that I write poetry.  I started as a little girl with some funky poems, and when I turned thirteen, began to write seriously.  I guess you could say right now, I keep on improving.  I love poetry – reading it and writing it.
    Favorite poets would be William Wordsworth (love his poem She Was a Phantom of Delight), Robert Browning, Emily Dickenson, Robert Frost, JRR Tolkien, and Robert Louis Stevenson.
    I write both freeverse and structural poetry.  I think there’s heaps of beauty in each kind.  Rhythmic storytelling and emotion dumping is lovely and sort of mysterious and musical.  Free styling it, I feel, is more raw and can convey deeper emotions.  I love them both. 🙂
    Hymns are definitely on the list of things I love to read and sing.  The poetry and meaning is absolutely amazing!
    Occasionally I do write a song, but that only comes when a song inspiration and a writing inspiration arrive in my mind at the same instant.
    Sorry this is so long, and I hope it answers the questions. 🙂

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

Hedges
    @h-jones

Free verse poet. Not at all a professional, but I love to do it. 🙂

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • The forum ‘Poetry Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest