Any guys out there?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Any guys out there?

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 1,075 total)
  • Author
    Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@ashira

Oh phew. -whispers- Don’t let him hear you say that though. He might fight you.

@selah-chelyah

Hey. It’s a good story! Although I just finished the book and am displeased.

Also, he’s trying to demote me! I don’t want to be demoted! I must defend myself! Plus, you think that’s mean. Pfffft. That’s nothing compared to some things I’m planning to do.

"You can dance with my henchman."

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@kari-karast Well, if you DO try to take over, I am going to fight on Prince Inconceivable’s side, simply because he started the topic.  AND he started it with NO GIRLS in mind!  So why should you take over?

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@ashira

-facepalms- I never said I wanted to take over. The things I’m planning are for my stories. One of which is going to happen tomorrow. I hope.

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@kari-karast Oh! Now I am the one doing facepalms.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@ashira

-grins- It’s fine. No hard feelings from me. None from you I hope?

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@kari-karast 😀 No hard feelings!

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@ashira

Great!

Hey. I’ve been wondering this for a while. What’s the quote in your forum signature from?

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@kari-karast My favorite movie  – Beyond the Mask!

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@ashira

Hey… @selah-chelyah mentioned that too. I’d never heard of it before though. What’s it about?

E. Grace
    @emgc

@selah-chelyah

Okay… I get you.  But the reason I said that was based off of Matthew 7:22-23, which says, “Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you.  Away from me, you evildoers!” (NIV)

So, obviously, some non believers did cast out demons.

Your thoughts?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by E. Grace.

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Serenity
    @serenity

hey all! sorry I wasn’t on here the last couple days!

Im going to start a word war at 11 45 PST tomorrow! that’s 12 45 MT, 1 45 CT, and 2 45 EST. Anybody going to be on?

@selah-chelyah, @i-david, @catwing, @emgc, @theinconceivable1, @ori-art, @kay

lover of our Lord, words, and music as his writing tools
    ENTJ
    LOVES COOKIES, KNIVES, AND MUSIC!!!!

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@selah-cheetah: “So to begin with, you said, “That’s all I was trying to say but, at this point, I’m willing to assume both true for the sake of the argument.” That confuses me as I thought this was a discussion to discover what was really true. Are you just going along with that unless disproved, or saying you agree with me and changed your view? Or maybe you see what I am saying and do not necessarily disagree and are waiting to see what else I say?”

(Hey I decided to start bolding quotes for clarity’s sake! What do you think?) So yes, this discussion is about discovering truth and thus I was just trying to cut down on unnecessary disagreement. The thing is weather or not when the verse refers to “those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift” it is talking about a more external experiance (as you propose) or a more intimate experience (as I propose) is unnecessary for my stance. I believe the fact that the verse says they “have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit” is evidence enough to support my stance that these are, indeed, saved christians.

As for as your claim that “the verse is not even talking to believers, but to the unsaved Jews whom the entire chapter addresses.” I would disagree. First because we know the letter of Hebrews was written to christian Jews as can be proven form this verse “Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling,” (Hebrews 3: 1 NASB) and uh, wikipedia XD “Scholars believe it was written for Jewish Christians who lived in Jerusalem” (I know, really reliable source XD) and this whole chapter in particular also is clearly talking to saved Jews as they are referred to as ‘beloved’ just below (Hebrews 6:9 to be exact) : D.

“Does that make more sense? Maybe with that clarified and in mind, you could go back and read my last post or two. That is what I was trying to explain (and in much greater detail than I am here) last time! Tell me what you think”

I think I understand you argument I just don’t see the evidence behind it. Could you tell me why having “ been made partakers of the Holy Spirit”. Does not make these people saved Christians? Ok, I’ll reread your posts now. (would you do the same for me please : D)

Hey, selah and quick thought. The word used is ‘repentance’ a word with you earlier stated is a word used of those truly saved  “in every other passage dealing with the redeemed speaks in terms of repentance, turning from the old, a life change, etc… This does not have that.”. So yes, while the earlier verse didn’t include that a latter verse does saying “it is impossible to renew them again to repentance”  (which I think we agree means they had ‘repentance’ before. We just disagree on what this repentance means : D) basiaclay my question is what do you believe ‘repentance’ is? Because later you said that repentance is not a quality of true belief “As far as the “renew them to repentance”, I believe that he said that because they had reached that point of repentance at the full revelation of truth spoken of, and he was warning them not to go back because it would be impossible of them to come back up to that point of repentance after rejecting it. They would come up to the point of salvation and then miss the opportunity that the Lord was giving them due to their hardness of heart and unbelief.”

Do you see what I’m saying? Ok

Thanks for your thoughts! Look forward to talking to you again : D

*from a later post* “Maybe on the Can Guys Cry topic? Who knows…” *eyes go wide* There’s a topic about Guys crying!!! *bolts in the other direction*

“I imagine somewhere in the depths you have a real name, too. Just maybe….  Unless of course, that is what your parents named you…” “hello, my name is [something you’ll never know XD] you killed father. Prepare to die!”

“Remember when I told you (several pages ago, on one of me first replies) that I felt like understanding Scripture in context was a huge piece of the puzzle? I still feel like that is what is causing a lot of misunderstanding of the verses you are using. Anyway…was thinking about this yesterday and that came to mind again. The Bible speaks of so many subjects in so many places, and we must understand them as a whole!” Is this a hint that you want to move on? (sorry I’m not super good at reading people XD) Its just I don’t want to leave this verse without clarity (cuz then we both walk away thinking were right about it!) Also, remember, I ALSO  believe salvation is permanent so… : D

@i-david:“This thread feels so persistent that I new think of it as having its own personal corner of S.E. There needs to be a sign to warn/inform newcomers about this place…” I know right! This is, by far, the longest tread on S.E. Hey, BTW, do you want to join the revolution!!!

“That it can best be thought of as a tea-serving tavern filled with passionate and slightly crazed individuals with extreme, fun, and undulating thoughts and feelings. There’s also a lot of talk about revolutions, salvation, and afore-mentioned tea. Avoid if this sort of thing sounds dangerous and/or too weird for you. Otherwise, this is probably just the place for you.” You said the word!!! XD

@kari-karst: “I maneuvered behind Inconceivable, trying to chop the nerve on his neck that’d knock him out.” I have a nerve on my neck that can knock me out!!! *tries to look at his neck* Ah!

“A small, glowing, golden sphere shot out and into Inconceivable head” uh-oh… *swallows hard*

“He slumped over, senseless.” NOOOOOOO!!!! (well, thanks for not killing me I guess XD)

Alright now it’s time see the votes! *grimes nervously*

@Everyone: alright guys, It’s up to you! Who wrote the better piece??? CAST…YOUR…VOTES!

@emgc: “When it refers to ‘sharing’ or ‘partaking’ in the Holy Spirit, I believe it means that they associated with the works of the Holy Spirit, and possibly even shared in some of the benefits of that association.”

Ok cool! I just did a quick bit of research and want to show you some verses : D Check out this link:

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Partakers

I think, after looking at these verses, it seems pretty clear (at least to me) that when the bible says ‘partaking’ it means real christians. As far as I can tell, it doesn’t mean association. (If you find something that says differently be sure to tell me!)

“Did you know that non-believers can even do things like cast out demons, prophesy in Christ’s name, and many other powerful words?” Ya how does that work? Something that’s always confused me is in 1 Corinthians 12:3 Paul says “Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking [a]by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except [c]by the Holy Spirit.” but then there’s that verse in Matthew 7: 21-23 that says “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many [n]miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’” so that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me. Got any idea?

“Okay, so I just read @selah-chelah ‘s response to this statement, and I found that I completely agree with it.  (Check out her last post!) So, can you take that as my answer????” Ok cool! Ya, I’m good with that!

“But I don’t think it’s evidence!  I don’t believe this passage is referring to true believers losing their salvation.   So I’m not ‘ignoring’ it. I’m taking it all into account. But I was simply stating that I don’t believe this verse is a contradiction in the first place” *sighs* alright well I don’t understand quote why you don’t believe this passage isn’t talking about true believers… O well, we’re working through it!

“God never contradicts Himself.  Isn’t that so comforting to remember that God’s always consistent?” I mean, what do you call scripture claiming Jesus is 100% human and !00% God? According to human terms, that’s a contradiction. (at least the way I see it!)

“He never lies, never takes things back, or changes His mind.” yep! I agree : D

“So I can only conclude that anything in the Bible that appears to contradict that, must be talking about something else.  Do you understand what I’m saying?” Ya, I hear ya. I just think that, if your going to live by that logic, you have to reject the trinity and Jesus dual nature. If you believe those things through then you believe God can contradict by human terms and still be telling the truth.

“I was referring to all the verses I listed above, and asking you to tell me why you don’t believe they mean that God has promised eternal salvation to all who believe in Him.” Oh XD sorry! I do! Salvation is permanent and not permit simultaneously in the same way God is one person and three persons simultaneously! Remember, Illogical logic : D At this point I’m just trying to prove the permanence of salvation is one of those ‘mysterious’ things!

“So, what I’m asking, is that you explain to me how and why these verses DON’T mean we can’t lose our salvation.  Do you get what I mean?” Yep, They do! I don’t disagree!

“Also, you said that these verses are “clearly contradictory.”  But, as I mentioned above, this is not possible. God doesn’t say one thing and then turn around and say another, even if it may look that way at first glance.  So, my dear brother, I’d have to say that I believe your ‘illogical logic’ is wrong.” AH! Ok well then answer me this! Was Jesus Man or God? (remember you can’t say both… cuz my ‘illogical logic’ is wrong right! ; D)

“Okay, in regards to your Romans 11 argument, do you mind giving me a little more time to think it over?  Hopefully I’ll be able to get back to you on it within a couple of days, but right now I’ve already spent much too much time at my computer and I still have some more things to look over.  So, hopefully I can get back to you on it asap” *releases a sigh of relief* thank you! My eyes are rotating within my head!!! I can’t wait to be done with post cuz I’ve on the computer sooooo long!! I gladly accept your rain check!

“Nope, can’t think of one!  But that’s the thing. It says, “the Master.”  Not “their Master.” ” uh let me show the context “Even denying the Master who bought them” ya, Jesus is definitely ‘their’ master! It says he ‘bought them.’ (aka he saved them. )

“However would you claim then, if salvation is a ransom (because that the kind of language this particular verse uses) that Jesus, when He died on the cross, earned all the money to buy everyone’s freedom. Yet, unless they accept his money, they are not free? Yes, I would say that. ” so if Jesus ‘bought them’ then they are really saved! Just cuz you have enough money for a (I don’t know pick anything! How about a pillow XD Sleeping sound pretty nice right now!) pillow doesn’t mean you ‘bought’ it. It’s not until the caher takes your money do you ‘buy’ it. See what I’m saying?

“*clears throat dramatically*  “Wait till I get going! Now, where was I?”

(And of course I can!  Would you expect anything less of me? XD)” Thank you!! I’m so proud *wipes away a tear*

@ashira:“Calm down.  I was making fun of Prince Inconceivable.” *Glares at you with his fire eye.* You better be grateful that word was already mentioned! Otherwise you would be receiving a ___ related music video XD

“Well, if you DO try to take over, I am going to fight on Prince Inconceivable side, simply because he started the topic. ” Oh! *takes back his earlier glare* Does this mean your joining the revolution????

@serenity: “I’m going to start a word war at 11 45 PST tomorrow! that’s 12 45 MT, 1 45 CT, and 2 45 EST. Anybody going to be on?” I think I’ll skip! sorry but my brain is beyond dead after writing this post XD

*crawls across the finish line… Gasps.* Ah… I made it! How am I going to survive the after camp response post! (BTW guys I’m going on a 10 day came in *counts on his fingers* 4 maybe 5 days… So ya… I’m scared (0-0)) HOW IS THIS ONLY 2200 WORDS! *drops his head* I give up. Serenity, at least for now, you win…

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

Huh, these tages didnt work…

@selah-cheetah

@kari-karst

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

What! did I spell them wrong???

@selah-chelyah

@kari-karast

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

Ah, thats better!

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 1,075 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest