Any guys out there?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Any guys out there?

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 1,075 total)
  • Author
    theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

Ok guys, I just rewatched the greatest movie of all time and literally used the entire movie just to pull out quotes! I now have 6 pages in google docs of princess bride quotes!!! “ALL YOUR WORST NIGHTMARES, ARE ABOUT TO COME TRUUUUUUE!”

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

@theinconceivable1  Okay, I guess that was kind of random. . . XD  Well, I ended up staying anyways.

That sounds like fun, collecting pages worth of Princess Bride quotes. I’d like to do the same thing with Doctor Who one day. . .

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@theinconceivable1

Oh, sorry, dude. XD But wow, CO is epic, too. 😀 I have a friend who lives there, and my dad did a little bit as a kid, but I’ve never been there. But somehow the Broncos are still my favorite team (and no one else in my family likes them). Haha. XD

Also, that Princess Bride quote list sounds epic. What a great film. (If you ever wanna share yo quote list with any of us on here, I would love to see it. 😉 )

"If you called out to the void loud enough... hard enough... would the void answer back?"

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@theinconceivable1

I wasn’t fangirling about choir, I was fangirling before choir. There’s teen choir and elementary choir. So I was talking to my friends while the elementary choir practiced while I waited for the teen choir. And I was fangirling about Thrawn. Thrawn. <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>THRAWN</span>. -runs around in circles babbling incoherently- -finally faints because of how awesome he is-

Alright. No hugs. I promise. (I wasn’t planning on giving you hugs anyway. XD)

Oy! -raises hands defensively- I was doing my best! Feel free to explain it yourself!

Very nice! I like the sword. I’ll try to draw mine soon. I’ve been too busy (too busy procrastinating doing it) to draw it lately. And don’t worry. I can rarely draw exactly what I picture in my head if ever.

Also, I can be pretty random too. It’s definitely a girl thing. (or is it a writer thing?)

Nah. I highly doubt you know my worst nightmare. Now I really need to watch the Princess Bride so I’ll understand all your quotes.

"You can dance with my henchman."

E. Grace
    @emgc

@catwing

*catches chocolate*  No, it’s not your fault!  Please come back! Here, have some chocolate with me.  *offers you some of the chocolate* (Yeah, I guessed. XD And I’m not really that allergic to cats.  Only very mildly. 🙂 )

@theinconceivable1

Wow.  *senses hard-core fan* XD Actually, I really need to watch it again too… excuse me a moment.  *goes to watch the Princess Bride*

@kari-karast

Also, I can be pretty random too. It’s definitely a girl thing. (or is it a writer thing?)

It’s definitely a writer thing.  XD

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by E. Grace.
    • This reply was modified 2 years ago by E. Grace.

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@ori-art

WOW!! Great thoughts! You have a beautiful way of communicating…I admire that. 👍

@selah-chelyah

Hey, my dear his-fic friend…I’ve stuffed myself with turkey, stayed up way to late far to many nights in a row, and played enough board/card games to last for the rest of my life and am now ready to answer your questions. 😉

So, just to clarify, do you believe that true Christians can’t lose their salvation?

Also, I want EVERYBODY to know that I’m not really arguing a point, I’m just explaining what I believe.

Okay, let’s go:

I’ve been taught from little on up that salvation is something you can lose. I don’t know so much if there are verses that I can pick out from the Bible that say “Christians can lose their salvation.” The Bible is not an encyclopedia…where you can look up a certain problem under a letter and find an answer…I think it’s more about finding the theology/ideas woven throughout the Bible.

I think the idea of born again Christians losing their salvation is an concept expressed throughout the Bible, the Word of God.

First, let’s look at the Holy Spirit.

John 14:26 “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.”

Acts 2:38 “And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”

When Jesus came to earth he taught and ministered to the people around him and to his disciples, his followers. He told them about himself, of his Father and why he had come to earth. He taught them what the life of a true believer looks like. He told them how he would be crucified and rise again in three days, and then return to his Father and the home in heaven that he had left. And because Jesus knew that everybody is fallen and we forget and make mistakes, he told his disciples that he was sending the Holy Spirit to guide us and teach us after he was gone. That’s why we have the Holy Spirit…to guide us…it’s basically our spiritual conscious.

But if it’s impossible for a true believe to lose his salvation, why would need the Holy Spirit? We need the Holy Spirit because we are all sinners and therefore we make mistakes and we sin…and we need the guidance of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. If we couldn’t lose our salvation, then there would be no need for the Holy Spirit.

Secondly, why is there such an emphasis in the Bible about winning the race? Of staying faithful to the Father? Of not giving up? Of pressing on and being victorious? Why is the Christian walk always compared to a battle? If it’s impossible for us to lose salvation, there is no battle. There is no need for a soldier to fight if the battle is already over. If salvation and heaven are secured there is nothing that the believer must fight against because he’s already won the prize. Which in a sense is true…when we accept the gift of salvation, we obtain part of the prize-a relationship with Christ-but we must finish the race before we can obtain our crown of glory and a place in Heaven. Does this make sense?

I just don’t understand how you can read through the Bible and not see how over and over again we are warned against “falling away from the faith”. It’s a reoccurring theme in the New Testament.

I think of the parable of the sower in Luke 8.

Luke 8:11-15  Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
    The ones along the path are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.
     And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away.
    And as for what fell among the thorns, they are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature.
    As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience.

This is a clear example of men who believed, (therefore saved, John 3:16) but in the end they fell away from the faith and returned to their sin.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

There is SO much more that could be said, and many more people who could explain it better than me, but hopefully you got a little idea of what I believe and why.

Before I end this, I want to make it clear that I don’t believe that people, who are truly born again, can just lose their salvation at the snap of a finger. I believe it is a gradual process-repeatedly hardening their hearts and persisting in their sin. God is gracious and just, and is quick to forgive, but those who refuse to continue in the path of life, he will cut off from himself. No sin can dwell with God for He is Holy.

All of these things make complete sense to me, but then again I grew up surrounded by this type of teaching. Hopefully I made sense and you were able to understand what I was saying…I have a hard time explaining what I’m trying to say sometimes. 😀

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

ori-art
    @ori-art

@theinconceivable1

I wasn’t trying to imply that you do debate just for the fun…it was just a small impression that I got. And impressions are pretty much feelings that can at times be very false. Wait, aren’t you the one that doesn’t like feelings?

Sorry, wasn’t trying to make you sound like an ogre.

Love that quote too! Hey, we agree on something! 😜

Ahem…well…cough, cough…I do stalk…but if something is really long I don’t always read it. 😁 Sometimes.

That was very interesting. While I don’t agree with Calvinism (or at least what I know about it), I don’t think I’d have come to the conclusion that God is evil. Maybe just because that’s impossible (God bing evil, not me being unable to come to the wrong conclusion…that’s totally possible. Just wanted to clarify). But I totally understand why you thought that.

Sorry, I didn’t really do it. Hope the best for him though.

By the way…that song you were posting that everybody (that I saw) was hating on…I died laughing when I watched it. It’s so corny! My sis and I keep going around singing the “Ladies and gentlemen” part. I won’t say ‘the word’ so others don’t have to suffer, but it was funny.

God bless!

Oh! One more thing. I listened to some if that video that you asked serenity to watch. I didn’t get all of it, but most of what I heard was great. Do you agree with him? Sorry, it’s easier to just ask rather then comparing your statements with his. *crosses fingers and breathes “don’t be mad’*

"Who knows what the next month will bring? I say let us eat cake now!"
    -Mr. Benedict

ori-art
    @ori-art

@eden-anderson

Thanks! Great thoughts! I totally agree with you! I think you made sense…but I’m also one who has a hard time explaining themselves, so maybe it’s easier to understand other people who do to. 😁

"Who knows what the next month will bring? I say let us eat cake now!"
    -Mr. Benedict

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@dekreel: Don’t worry, “this will all soon be a happy memory” (This is so much fun! XD)

@hgm_barnes18
    : ‘’’ Well thanks! I do miss my home states lovely mountains… *sighs* also “unless I’m wrong, and I’m never wrong,” the broncos aren’t doing so well this season : /. At least we’re still cheering for them though!

BTW here is the google doc link!:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D5WQGaTchFVDjnRSTTeZalEbx_OwatgnfiAPQsmMhQA/edit?usp=sharing

@kari-karst: “runs around in circles babbling incoherently- -finally faints because of how awesome he is-” *stands over your fainted person* “Get some rest, if you haven’t got your health, you haven’t got anything.”

“Oy! -raises hands defensively- I was doing my best! Feel free to explain it yourself!” “I do not accept excuses I’ll just have to find myself a new [general] that’s all.”

“I’ll try to draw mine soon. I’ve been too busy (too busy procrastinating doing it) to draw it lately.” XD so true!

“Also, I can be pretty random too. It’s definitely a girl thing. (or is it a writer thing?)” definitely a girl thing… my brother and I will be talking about how our school day was on the ride home and then my little sister will just randomly interject! It usually goes something like this: me “How was your day?” bro “It was good, I had a math test today” sister “once, during a math test, Bob picked his nose and it was really gross…” What?!? *throws up his hands* why? (but I think randomness is also more prone to writers too!)

“I highly doubt you know my worst nightmare” “Boy are you a rotten liar.”

“Now I really need to watch the Princess Bride so I’ll understand all your quotes.” Yes! It will be the best decision you’ll ever make!

@emgc
    : “Have fun storming the castle!”

@eden-anderson
    :  “I’ve been taught from little on up that salvation is something you can lose. I don’t know so much if there are verses that I can pick out from the Bible that say “Christians can lose their salvation.” “Physic, jog [her] memory.” Hebrews 6: 4-6, Romans 11: 20-22, 2 Peter 2: 20-2…

@ori-art
    : “*crosses fingers and breathes “don’t be mad’” don’t worry,  it takes way more than that to get me mad XD. I’m pretty good at not getting up set “I’ve worked hard to become so!” “Wait, aren’t you the one that doesn’t like feelings?” “I know who you are. Your cruelty reveals everything! Your the [one who doesn’t like feelings] admit it!” *I bow* “with pride.” (and just in case you take that the wrong way I’m not saying you said I was cruel XD)

“Sorry, wasn’t trying to make you sound like an ogre.” “What did this do to you? Tell me. And remember, this is for posterity so please, be honest. How do you feel?” *wipes a tear away. Ori called me an ogre!* “I think no man in a century will suffer as greatly as you!” (man this is so much fun! XD the power of the PRINCESS BRIDE!!!)

“Sorry, I didn’t really do it. Hope the best for him though.” thanks! He could really use your prayer.

“y the way…that song you were posting that everybody (that I saw) was hating on…I died laughing when I watched it. It’s so corny! My sis and I keep going around singing the “Ladies and gentlemen” part. I won’t say ‘the word’ so others don’t have to suffer, but it was funny.” yes! *pumps his fist*

“Oh! One more thing. I listened to some if that video that you asked serenity to watch. I didn’t get all of it, but most of what I heard was great. Do you agree with him?” uh, well no. I think legit predestination and leget free will is true but, at the moment, he does present quite the convincing argument against calvinism so we’ll see how serenity fairs : D. So I guess I kinda agree with him, it’s just I think he only has half of the picture.

Talk to you latter!

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

Wow, you all, this thread blows up SO fast!!

@theinconceivable1
      Will reply to your post asap again…!! ASAP! 😀

Indeed… all my worst nightmares. Ah! And I bet you have not even watched Beyond the Mask yet….?!?!  😛

@eden-anderson
      I do not believe true Christians can lose their salvation… again, I will reply asap! Sorry I have to be so sporadic, @everyone-here!  🙂

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@theinconceivable1

Fine. I’ll get some rest. -storms off muttering-

Hey! I promise I’ll do better next time! If you want to demote me you’re gonna hafta fight me. And just a warning. I‘ll win.

OH THE RANDOMNESS. You should’ve seen me when I was literally hanging upside down off the couch drawing. (If that wasn’t a random spur of the moment thing then I don’t know what is.)

-doubles over laughing- No. You have no idea what my worst nightmare is. But please, go ahead, just try to guess.

Also, I read all those quotes. They’re great! Which just makes me want to watch it even more. -sighs bc we don’t own it- I have been wanting to watch it for a while now. (Yes. Before I met you even.) Maybe the library has it…

"You can dance with my henchman."

Catwing
    @catwing

@theinconceivable1 *beams* I am random. Once my forum signature was ‘Random’. Another time it included ‘Randomness’.
    No. You do not know the worst nightmare of someone with an overactive imagination who has thought several times what her worst nightmare is so she can hopefully know what to lucid dream to get out of them. Also so she can truthfully say, “At least it wasn’t that.”

@emgc
    *comes out of box to share chocolates* Okay… I just don’t want to make you sneeze. (That’s good you’re not that allergic.)

Also the random thing is a writer thing… Probably… Maybe not… Maybe it adds to it…

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@selah-chelyah: “And I bet you have not even watched Beyond the Mask yet….?!?!” hehe, hehe, he… “Don’t rush me sonny, you rush a miracle and you get rotten miracles.”

“You seem a decent fellow, I hate to kill you.”… (BTW, if you do fight me, this is my battle story thing! Rememeber, it cant be over 300 words!)

(DISCLAIMER: don’t take this litteraly, i’ve exaggerated for dramatic effect! : D)

“Hey! I promise I’ll do better next time…” *Kari’s words were edged in anger. I closed my eyes and redirected the torrent flowing from her lips through my subconscious. I pictured her as she once was; a young lass with fiery hair and heart to match. I smile cracked upon my crusty lips. Always had liked her, trouble was the power. It could do a number on anyone, but Kari… I shook my head. Kari and power were like open flame and black powder; perfect and dangerous. My eyes snapped open and my gaze stole her breath “Your getting reckless. ”My words were but a whisper “It’s time for you to step down.” Karis staired; her mouth moved but no a sound escaped her lips. Finally, her eyes sparked, and she found her voice “If you want to demote me you’re gonna hafta fight me.”My jaw clenched involuntarily. Kari raised her chin.“And just a warning. I’ll win.” I exhaled slowly and glanced at the mug of ale in my hand. It was time for a control-burn. I exploded into motion and flung the cup of ale toward her head. A dagger materialized from the folds of her cloak and she slashed the mug away. Kari smirked, and I raised the brow of my fiery eye; my left hand held the tip of my blade to her stomach. Her features contorted in disgust as she took a step back and drew her dual blades. I got up from the bar and flipped open my weapon. “Drop…your…sword,” I commanded; each word dripped with authority.

“You should’ve seen me when I was literally hanging upside down off the couch drawing.” trust me, seeing you hanging upside down off the couch is not hard for me to imagine XD

“But please, go ahead, just try to guess.”  Ok, uh, how about drowning? Thats pretty bad!

YOU NEED TO WATCH IT!!!

@catwing
    : “Truly you have a dizzying intellect.”

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

anyone notice the princess bride quote in the fight with kari? pretty good right *beams with pride*

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@theinconceivable1 yea, that was very well done!  😀

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 1,075 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest