fb

Any guys out there?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Any guys out there?

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,075 total)
  • Author
    Catwing
    @catwing

@emgc you keep putting the y before the l. The l goes before the y.

@kari-karast

Yikes…

It is fun. Glad it sounds interesting. I plan on having catwings in this one. 😀

I won’t.

😛

Yay! That’s good.

But I love stretching things out… And more people are guessing…

@wordsmith

She is black. Like my other cat. XD
    *ponders this* *nods* That makes sense.
    … I don’t know why this is so funny… maybe it’s ‘the face’… XD

@everyone who wondered my age… What age people think I am…

@theinconceivable1

@selah-chelyah

@kari-karast
    between 12 and 16, maybe 17.

@emgc
    I’ll guess 17. Maybe 18? No, 17. Final guess.

@wordsmith
    younger than 17 for sure. 15

Okay, fine…
    The moment you’ve all been waiting for…

My actual age…

Farther down…

Little bit more…

Keep scrolling…

Just keep scrolling…

That’s what we do…

Just keep scrolling…

I am 17.
    Good job Emgc! *throws feathers*

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Catwing.

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@kari-karast

Hmm… Okay… I’m gonna make a gamble. I don’t think she’s actually any older than fifteen… I’m gonna say younger. This leaves thirteen or fourteen. Thirteen still seems too young, but might not be. I’m going with fourteen… ARAGH! But it might be thirteen! *hrmphs*

Okay… how ’bout this. You go with fourteen and I’ll go with thirteen. That way one of us will be right (if my research is accurate)… unless… Oh dear. She might have just turned sixteen. That would explain why she has to remind herself that she is not fifteen. I know I had that issue. There’s also the question of how could she feel like she was fifteen, if she’s never been that. How would she know?

So… If she’s in the picture I’m looking at, I would have to go with thirteen or fourteen… but that could be a wild goose chase and she might not even by near that picture. Otherwise I would go with sixteen… but that doesn’t feel quite right.

Oh! And it was wise of you not to watch the video. Here’s a good way to get the other song out of your head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McdMwOV0y6c&list=PLogfpn2t7ulmviZwAxAM1TfKbndVrDIhP    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQufDaY3Y4E&list=OLAK5uy_nbU9NuURCtBgDyUTW-JUK4fdyCHBjeggU

And yes… I have had some strange dreams lately… though I can’t remember what they were.

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@catwing

Woah! I was a bit off… and apparently the info I was going off of wasn’t accurate. Well… congratulations… you caused me to fail. *nods* Well done. So that makes your brother fourteen or fifteen and a two year difference between you two.

Also… did you ever figure out my name?

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@catwing

Oh wow! SEVENTEEN!? I was pretty off. I was definitely thinking younger.

@wordsmith

I’m currently listening to Narnia music which is working. Maybe I’ll watch the second video next time it’s stuck in my head.

Yeah… dreams… -shudders- Although mine never really finished so now I’m sad because I don’t know how it ends.

"You can dance with my henchman."

Catwing
    @catwing

@wordsmith It was fun reading your theories. XD
    If I’m thinking of the right picture(and I should be cause I think there’s only ONE on my blog). It was taken this year and I was 17. I am told I look younger than I am. 😛
    And you’re right, a lot I thought I was a year younger than I was, but now it’s two years younger… *shrug*

Yeah well… :3
    He’s 14, so three years. You guessed that right. 😛

I did figure it out. *smirks*
    Did you figure out a way for me to tell you?

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Catwing
    @catwing

@kari-karast *nods* Well, now you know. XD
    I have weird dreams sometimes. I’ve had ones were I have to save dog kind, because someone wants to kill them off(Why?). This really weird one with a pulpy orange juice allegory.
    But my favorite one is where I am a ice cream sandwich scout adventuring with my group into the forest. We were wearing ice cream sandwich costumes with ice cream sandwich hat and shoes. I got to show one of the new ice cream sandwich scouts how to mark your path so you don’t get lost. Which you do by taking your ice cream sandwich and smearing it on a nearby tree or rock. That’s just one part of that dream.
    Can you lucid dream? I can. :3

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@catwing

I’m glad it was fun looking at all my theories… And I’m glad you actually do look younger than you are.

And yes! I believe I do have a way for you to tell me my name…. though maybe not. You are on Facebook… and I know I can message your pseudonym page… the question is whether or not your pseudonym page is able to message me. Or you could actually invite me to like your page. That if you’re right, I can tell you by contacting your pseudonym page through messenger, and if you’re wrong… well… you’re wrong. Also, this does not endanger my identity, because unless I like your page, no one else actually has any idea of who I am. There!

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@catwing

-mutters- All these people… so much older than me. Oh well.

Those definitely sound interesting. Mine was probably the most strange/weird/interesting dream I’d had/could remember since that one with the moon and Mon Cal. I don’t remember when I had that one. I think maybe a year/a lot of months ago. And I don’t know why anyone would try to kill off dogs. That is strange.

Hmm. I used to be able to lucid dream. But, not so much anymore. I dunno why.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@kari-karast

I like Well Done by The Afters. Why don’t you like it? (Granted it is VERY repetative and it’s CCM, so pretty generic, but the message is still good. 🙂) What don’t you like about it?

@selah-chelyah

I am gonna try and get around to answering you, because I’d love to share my views with you, but it may be a little while, what with Thanksgiving, and family and all that stuff that comes with a holiday. 😀

BTW…HAPPY THANKSGIVING, everybody!!! Hope it’s fun and blessed! 🦃

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@eden-anderson

Well, it’s because it’s just so… well, I’m not entirely sure why, it just gets on my nerves. Part of it is because HOW COULD THEY KNOW WHETHER OR NOT GOD WILL ACTUALLY SAY THAT TO US!?!?!? And I don’t know… the music… something… -shrugs- I’m not completely sure why… I just don’t. (I know that’s not a very good reason but oh well.)

And happy Thanksgiving back to you!

Catwing
    @catwing

@wordsmith
    XD I guess it is.

The answer is no. I can’t message you as my page unfortunately(or invite you to like it). But never fear I am 100% sure it’s you.
    Because of, (without giving anything away)
    1. What you are doing in your profile picture
    2. One of your previous profile pictures and one of your old profile pictures on here
    3. A before mentioned place where you put your name.

So I’m fine if you don’t find a way. *shrug*

Catwing
    @catwing

@kari-karast
    *throws you feathers* But you couldn’t tell until I told you! You didn’t know what to think!
    Cause you’re younger just means you can get more experience. And then when you’re the age of one of us ‘much older’ then you you’ll have more experience than we did now. 😀

I know, it’s weird. And I had more than one. At one point there was a series… As in they lasted several nights… a continuing dream… I was a spy. 😛

I think I’ve actually been able to do it more… Cause sometimes it’s hard to change the dream, even when you know it’s a dream…

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@catwing

I couldn’t tell what? That you were a winged cat? I’m pretty sure your name says it all, and then you already told me you were one on the A Comedy For Writers thread.

Very true.

Mmm. You have no idea how many times I’ve wished a dream would continue the next night. Or start over and be longer. Oh a spy? That sounds cool!

True. Usually I can lucid dream when I have nightmares. Towards the end. But I’ll still not want to go back to sleep. I rarely have nightmares though, which is good. -remembers several of the things I’m planning to do to my characters- There’s a good chance I’ll have more though… eventually…

I actually got the idea for one of my storylines from a dream. The dream ended up being one of the scenes. In the first book. Slightly. Very changed. -realizes I haven’t worked on that book in like 2 months- Oh dear. I think I know what I’m going to be doing tonight.

Serenity
    @serenity

sorry folks! It seems I missed some discussion here…
    about the debate, I guess that I am a Calvinist, but not as staunch as someone said. I did really resonate with how @wordsmith described Calvinism, but I figured I should put it in my own words for you, @ori-art.

1st, I don’t think that man has NOTHING to do with salvation. I believe that men have little to do with obtaining their salvation, but that it is absolutely by the Holy Spirit’s prompting and awakening to the truth. We CANNOT find God without him seeking us out first. In Ephesians 2 it says that we “were DEAD in our trespasses in which you once walked….” vs 3 “but GOD, being rich in mercy… made us ALIVE in Christ.” My question for you, @ori-art, is what can a dead man do?
    Nothing. A dead man can do nothing. And though that may seem cruel to us, it is just. God, who created us to be with him, has every right to condemn us ALL to death for our rebellion against him. and that is truly what it is. If we do not actively serve him, we are actively waging war against him.
    So, in God’s mercy, HE sought US out, and not all people, but only those who it pleased him to elect. My response to John 3:16 is that yes, anyone who should believe will have eternal life, but not everyone will believe! only those who the Spirit has woken to belief have the power to believe, and only through God himself.

2nd. You asked me to look at 1 Tim 2. I assume that the particular verse you were referring to is 4, where it says that God “desires all men to be saved and to come to knowledge of the truth.” My response is twofold; and I will say that I can absolutely be wrong about some things. The specific passage you mentioned is not speaking about ALL men. The word in Greek is saying kinds, not ALL, and the surrounding context makes that clear. It is talking about TYPES of men. Kings, rulers, men who are in high positions, and further on, men who lead peaceful lives. This isn’t talking about every man on Earth; this is talking about men from every station and tongue and nation on Earth. Same thing in 1 Tim 4 10 and in John. I believe that when in John 3 16 salvation is extended to the world, I believe that it is extended to all kinds of men, not every man. And that, though it may seem sad, is just. the second part is that ALL men WILL come to a knowledge of the truth, just not all men will come to said knowledge in this life. ALL men will stand before God in the Last Day, and they will know his goodness and their sin, and there proclaim Jesus and Lord. But that isn’t enough. It isn’t enough to acknowledge the conquering King’s legitimacy after you’ve been conquered if you want to live; you must serve him while you have the choice.

3rd. I didn’t feel at all like you were condemning at all in your post, so don’t feel bad. I’m glad that you shared. It really made me think for a while before responding. This is exactly what the church is for – to discuss salvation and come to a fuller knowledge of our Lord. This is good. (= Please also know the same thing about me; I don’t at all intend to condemn, but to express what I believe is the truth, that we may all come to a fuller knowledge of Christ and his amazing grace.

4th. Yes, the Ephesians chapter I quoted is only one chapter in the whole Bible, but it isn’t the only one that says that. Its all throughout Ephesians, in many of the letters of Paul, (Rom 6:23, Colossians 3, Romans 5, Philippians 2, which is really great because Christ DIED because that was the wage of sin AND the state that we were in already, so through His death we have life.) and in the entire NT.

Sin=Death. Death=our incapability to seek out God. God seeks us out and gives us the free gift of grace (Romans 5) so that we might KILL our old nature, which is death, and live for Christ who gave us that very life! No one who is offered salvation turns it down, and no one who is not offered salvation may obtain it. Those who God chooses to save are saved, and those who he does not choose to save are not saved. We do not influence that; we do not even really make a choice in the matter. It bothers me when people say you should ‘choose Jesus’, because that really challenges the entire sovereignty of God. If we, the created, can make a choice about our eternal status, then it removes God from the picture almost entirely. in that scenario, He offers the salvation, but he has no power over us or it; we have power over God.

That is not something I believe, and truly it offends me when people say that. It is an insult to God that we put ourselves in power over him. and that is exactly what we do when we claim that we had a hand in our salvation. We take credit for God’s redeeming power in our lives.

God is jealous of His glory. He will not stand to have it stolen. He will have his glory, whether we intend to glorify him or not. He is the author here, not us. We do not write our own stories. We do have free will, and we do make our own choices about many things, but God’s will cannot be thwarted. We cannot take power into our own hands.

I cant think of anything else I have to address right here, but please comment if you have questions or objections to anything I’ve said here.

Thank you all so much for sharing. It is these processes that grow us more and more into the image of Christ.

Please know also that I don’t mean to hurt, offend, or condemn anyone here. I know I speak strongly, but I try to make sure that you all know that I am a man and can err, but what I have said I think I believe until someone points out where I’m wrong.

Thank you all! I hope that this has answered your question, @ori-art.

lover of our Lord, words, and music as his writing tools
    ENTJ
    LOVES COOKIES, KNIVES, AND MUSIC!!!!

Serenity
    @serenity

how old do you think I am? @ashira, @catwing, @theinconceivable1

just out of curiosity. gotta know. (=

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Serenity.

lover of our Lord, words, and music as his writing tools
    ENTJ
    LOVES COOKIES, KNIVES, AND MUSIC!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,075 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest