Any guys out there?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Any guys out there?

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 1,075 total)
  • Author
    Catwing
    @catwing

@everyone Attention! This is very important!
    I have beat the glitch that deletes you post!
    It deleted my post and logged me out! But as you can see above I got it back!
    *is probably way too excited about this*
    Here’s what you do. Open a new tab to Story Embers. Sign in. Once signed in go back to the first tab that signed you out and hit the back page. Your post should be in the comment box. Hit Submit. You have saved your post.
    I am very happy. 😀

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

ori-art
    @ori-art

Woah! Can I join in?

I have some questions for @serenity

So…you don’t believe just anyone can be saved…what do you do with John 3:16? It says salvation was extended to the WORLD…not three apostles, twenty farmers, and a cheerleader…or just Baptists, or Americans, or Lutherans, or Africans, or Anabaptists, or Protestants, or Europeans, ect. ect. ect. And if salvation isn’t extended to everyone, then that has to mean that God has condemned some people to hell before they were born. Before the world was created. I don’t think so. You do?

If we do not have to make the choice to accept Jesus as Lord and King of our lives, then we are simply robots, programmed robots. If we don’t have the chance to make a choice that affects our eternal destiny, than how can we have the ability to make any other choice? Your right…salvation is only made possible by the grace of God, not of works. BUT that grace was freely bestowed on every person that has ever drawn breath. Can you really say Jesus died to give you salvation…but not me?

I don’t mean to argue for the sake of arguement…that’s not me…but somehow I can’t find the beauty you refer too. All I see is hopelessness and despair in your idea. How can you tell people about a loving God and tell them they might spend eternity in hell…by no choice of their own? Again, you’re right…we do mess up…but that’s what the blood of Jesus is all about. He came to call sinners to repentance (Matthew 9:13). Who are sinners? EVERYONE. (Romans 3:23)

If we have no choice, then what is faith? What is trust? What is love? What is joy? If we can’t be certain that salvation is available to us how can we love God…not knowing if He actually loves us? I’ve struggled with a lot of fear in my life, very much of it centering around death/the after life. I would get so freaked out…laying in bed at night my stomach would churn, legs shaking, my head feeling like it was about to explode just from thinking about forever. I’m not joking. Forever…without God. I’d beg God to take away the feelings…the fear of not knowing. I clung to the promise that He’d never leave or forsake His children, that He’d already defeated death and the grave. That I could KNOW I was saved (Romans 10:9-13). And if we can’t know we are saved…there is no true hope.

Would you die for a bunch of people who were already bound for Heaven? Of course not. It would be pointless. And Jesus’ death was not, by any stretch of the imagination, pointless. He died so we can live, but WE have to accept or reject. In Luke 24:46-49, Jesus tells His disciples that repentance should be preached to the nations, that they are witnesses. Repentance is a choice. Salvation is a gift. We confess or deny. We believe or scorn. We accept or reject. Jesus has made salvation possible…what we do with it is our choice.

I’ll be praying for all of us to see the truth of God’s word, not simply each others points of view or the beliefs we were raised by. We have to choose what we believe. God grant us the wisdom to accept His truth. God bless, everyone. Keep seeking.

"Who knows what the next month will bring? I say let us eat cake now!"
    -Mr. Benedict

Selah
    @selah-chelyah

@catwing  Haha! Okay. 😛

*takes deep breath and guesses*   15?

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@catwing: “Though the best way I can think of to explain what I think about predestination is that God knew what we would choose with free will, he is outside of time, he knew who would choose him and who would shun him. ” no thats forknolage. Different story… predestination is where God chooses you regardless of what you do… well for a reason we dont know… anyway its confusing : D

I think your 14 (because… reasons XD)

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@ori-art: Oh hello! (you dont happen to be a guy do you? we nee more guys here XD) thanks for jumping in!

“I’ll be praying for all of us to see the truth of God’s word, not simply each others points of view or the beliefs we were raised by.”

I’ll just let you know that serenity’s position is actually quite biblical (I speak from experiance : D) so uh, dont try and beat it, you’ll lose ; )(at least I did and I tryed REALLY hard XD) just remember it doesnt have ot be an ‘or’ kinda deal. We can belive in things we dont quite understand (aka the trinity) and its ok so I just want you to consider that. Hey, you dont happen to be an INFP do you?

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@catwing

Cool! you’re doing Nano? I was going to, and then realized it was just going to be too much. In the meantime I’m working on my WIP which is just over 35000 words.

Aww! A new kitten! So sweet.

So! Is now a good time to get some of your thoughts on my story about the armored kid? I’m going to bed, but you can still answer. I’ll see your answer at one point or another.

@theinconceivable1

Yes… I am Calvinist… though my views are probably compartmentalize less that most Calvinists would… but that’s more of a different topic.

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Selah
    @selah-chelyah

@theinconceivable1  @parker  @catwing  @ori-art  @kari-karast  @eden-anderson  @everyone-else-on-this-topic-that-I-missed

Okay, I am not stalling at our Prince`s reply, but we are having company for several days after tomorrow and I have to help. So, I must go. 🙁

*tries not to cry to loudly*  *prepares to tear self away*

I will get back asap! Promise!

Goodbye for tonight……  *tear drops down my cheek*  *waves*

ASAP!!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Catwing
    @catwing

@selah-chelyah Good guess… I sometimes think I’m 15… But then I remind myself. No, you’re not

@theinconceivable1 What reasons… Then I shall say my age.

@wordsmith
    I may not succeed but I think it’s helping me get a lot of words. So, I still win, even if I lose. 😀
    She is very sweet. She plays fetch. We didn’t even teach too do it…
    Why are you calling him the armored kid? He has a name… That isn’t secret is it?
    I noticed that at first he is lagging behind his team. But he’s the team captain so wouldn’t he lead them in? And then a little bit later the suit adapts after a few seconds.

@selah-chelyah *waves good bye* Don’t worry I understand.

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@everyone! Ok guys, My little bro just made me the COOLEST profile picture!!! what do you guys think???

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@wordsmith: wait! really? *scrolls way, WAY back* “I believe that within predestination man has free will to choose. Those two concepts are something that man really can’t reconcile in a way that we can logically understand. But we can have faith in God that because he says we have both the choice and yet he preordains everything to happen, it’s something we don’t have to understand.

Man doesn’t not have to understand God’s processes for God to do them… God being omnipotent. So I see in scripture that God preordains everything, but man is still responsible for his actions and thoughts, and we are not robots.”

do you still hold to that? So like, legit predestination and within that mysterious freewill… Like is it legit real freewill or ‘freewill’ you believe in? If so, cool! I would like to get to know more on your personal beliefs!

@catwing: IDK, just they way you act I guess : D

@selah-chelyah: NOOOOOOOO *falls to his knees* why!!! *sniffles* alright… I’ll wait. Hope you have a good time!

ori-art
    @ori-art

@theinconceivable1
    Uhhhh…no, I’m not a guy.

Also, @serenity, I wanted to apologize if I sounded harsh or judging. In all honesty, I was just trying to share what I believe is true. I’m sorry if it came across as condemning.

Also, @theinconceivable1, I wasn’t trying to ‘beat’ @serenity ‘s position. I was just sad to hear her say we don’t have a choice in salvation…when so much of scripture points to us having to make a choice. I understand what she’s getting from the Ephesians chapter…but that is one chapter in the whole Bible. Somethings are an ‘or’ kinda deal. Not everything, maybe not even a lot of things, but somethings are. I agree that we have to believe things we don’t understand. You mentioned the trinty…how about just God? I, for one, don’t understand Him, but I believe Him. Isn’t the Christian life all about faith? I would consider one aspect of faith as believing what you don’t understand…because God’s given us the assurance that we can trust Him.

When I took the test I was ISFP, but reading all the descriptions, only around half of it was true for me…the other half seems to be half of INFP…though I guess the ISFP is a bit stronger.

One more thing @serenity…will you please read 1 Timothy 2:1-7 and let me know what you think?

@selah-chelyah

Just wanted to say I agree with you. You pointed out the sovereignty of God. Thanks. It’s one thing I don’t fully understand, like a lot of things. But His sovreignty allows us to have peace about the things we don’t understand…the things we don’t have to understand, because He’s in control. He’s sovreign. Thanks again! Have fun with your company!

"Who knows what the next month will bring? I say let us eat cake now!"
    -Mr. Benedict

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@theinconceivable1  Is your little brother an artist?? AND *gasps* YOU LIKE TEA??

This is really interesting to see everyone’s views on salvation and God’s sovereignty. Though, I feel kind of overwhelmed with so many opinions all at once. So I think I’ll sit this one out, unless I feel like I’m supposed to do otherwise.

Just for clarification though, when you say “lose” your salvation, do you mean like, no one is able to take that it from you? or like, Once saved always saved? Cause I’m a little unclear on exactly what you’re saying.

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@theinconceivable1, I might change my beliefs of offered CLEAR and EXCELLENT evidence. Or I might not, and look for a way to refute it. XD!

Yes, everyone has a free will. Yes, I don’t think a true and legit Christian can lose his salvation.

I’ll argue my side, and you your side. Yes, then the conclusion.

I want to hear your unique take on this stuff as well. 😉

@selah-chelyah, I agree with you!!

I’m fifteen!

@serenity, not annoying at all!! 🙂

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@theinconceivable1, I HATE BABY SHARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *SCREAMS*

Also, I’m wondering, does the KJV have those ‘ifs’ too? Just curious!

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@catwing… Yeah! I did Nano on 2016… and wrote a novel of 41000 words. I didn’t get the 50000 but I still say it counted… mainly because I actually ended the story, and closed it off.

Awww… sweet kitten. How old is she?

And yes, he had a name which is not a secret, but I couldn’t remember his name at the time. Also yes… he was lagging behind, which is a good point. I could explain why, but I think I’ll just keep that in mind upon my re-working of the story, and either change it, or weave it into the story.

And yes! The suit acclimated within a few seconds. This was the first time he’d ever worn it… so at walking speed it wasn’t quite helping him. But as soon as he stepped into gear, the suit was able to take the information and use it to augment all of his actions.

@theinconceivable1… That is a cool profile!

And yes… I still hold to those beliefs while claiming the same interpretation as Calvinism.

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 1,075 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest