fb

Any guys out there?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Any guys out there?

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,075 total)
  • Author
    Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@theinconceivable1 @selah-chelyah

But you can’t have this debate without meeeeeee!!!! *sniffs* I will be watching from the corners… And it will take every ounce strength not to comment. *inhales* *exhales* Okay… I can do this.

*starts commenting anyway* Here is why I believe… *stops self* NO! I cannot let myself get sucked back in! Selah… I’m trusting you here. *nods* *steps back*

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@wordsmith: *extends his hand dramatically* Wordsmith!!! Where have you been?!? Get in here, join the debate!

(also… did you ever respond to my explanation for ignorant sins?)

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

Serenity
    @serenity

So… I’m not a guy, but I hope y’all don’t mind… I’ve been listening for a while, and wanted to say a couple things before I EXPLODE!!!

1st things first, @theinconceivable1, you are NOT the only one who doesn’t like emotions or the mentions of such uncomfortable things. I HATE(yea, I know, another emotion) the ups and downs that feelings are. I would ALWAYS rather be stable. and I agree that feelings cloud rational thinking.

HOWEVER. I have been learning in the past couple months that God is a god of feelings and emotions. We are created in HIS image, and one of his greatest characteristics is love. 1 John 4:8 says plainly that “God IS love.” the very being of God is love. He is love.

Now, love isn’t the only feeling either; but it is the greatest. We also feel anger. God shows his wrath at sin. We feel pride(positive sense; we are proud of someone else doing something good), God shows his love and pride in his Son “this is my Son, with whom I am well pleased.” (matt 3:17) we feel other things too, that are rooted in sin, but the feelings that we have, among other things, are what make us like God. So every feeling that I have is given me by God, either as a trial to overcome or as a glimpse of what and who God is.

So don’t be too appalled by your feelings. I know that I fear to feel, and it has caused me relational issues with my family and friends. In order to be real, you must feel. It cannot all be hidden.

Then, about the salvation being lost; I don’t believe that it can be lost at all. I believe that if a person is truly saved, and that not of themselves, but by the gift of God, since we can do nothing towards our salvation, they will not loose sight of that.

Now, they may think that they’re saved, and fall away later; but in that case I would say that they didn’t really have God’s salvation at all. They were not taken from God, but they were deceived as to where they stood in the first place.  That’s where I think a lot of people today are; they think that they’re saved because why not, but when trials come, they find that it isn’t all that its cracked up to be and quit trying. Its sad, but that is what distinguishes the true believers from the world. those are the people to whom it will be said ‘I never knew you.” Matthew 7:21-23

and I don’t believe that anyone can be saved; only those who have been Gods elect “from the foundations of the world” (eph 1:3-4). That ties into whether salvation can be lost in that if a body is not one of the elect, the chosen, then though they may think they have salvation they truly are deceived. They are not saved because salvation was not extended to them.

and those of us who are saved aren’t saved because we ‘accepted’ Christ; it was because through the holy spirit working in our life Christ woke us to salvation. We do not truly have the ‘choice’ to accept or deny Christ. If we are of his elect, he will save us. We will be awakened to Christ’s redeeming love and the sacrifice he made, and we will be saved. That’s the beauty of it; if we had the choice, we would inevitably mess it up. But God in his grace has opened our eyes to see how we need him and then he provides exactly that.

so, I guess to sum up…

there is too much.

(=

hope that my butting in wasn’t too annoying! (=

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Serenity.

lover of our Lord, words, and music as his writing tools
    ENTJ
    LOVES COOKIES, KNIVES, AND MUSIC!!!!

E. Grace
    @emgc

@selah-cheylah
    Okay, can I just say that you just pretty much spoke my thoughts on this subject? (And probably said them better than I could have too…xD)

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@theinconceivable1… I don’t remember if I responded to that… I might have. But I have been getting school done, which is great! So that being said, I cannot debate. It takes way too much of my time… which I am using to finish school. I could technically finish school at the early beginning of next year, and I don’t want to prolong that any more. And any other time I have goes toward reading, writing, or practicing karate. Thank you for the invite though.

@serenity
    … We don’t mind at all. That was merely a way for our dear friend who like chess (and killed me at it) to make sure he wasn’t alone as a male writer. So please step on in! I (also) agree with what you said on salvation… this debate was one he and I were planning on having at some point, but alas my school has overtaken me, in the best kind of way. Also… the way you put that quote in was beautiful! Cheers!

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Serenity
    @serenity

thanks, @wordsmith! I LOVE that movie. (=

ENTJ

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@serenity: well “hello lady” (if you don’t get the quote its ok : D) I’m glad you can post and thus prevent your eminent explosion XD!

*reads post. Grumbles* I mean, I know your right and emotions are part of the Christian experience and, occasionally, they can be nice but I dont think, biblically, I’m obligated to enjoy them or want to talk about them (yet here I am… talking about them XD). But ya… I accept their existence and, while I may not be comfortable expressing them I have gotten better at dealing with other, more outwardly emotional, people. but thanks for the advice! I like this quote “So every feeling that I have is given me by God, either as a trial to overcome or as a glimpse of what and who God is.” and I’ll keep it in mind! I, however, dont like this quote “In order to be real, you must feel. It cannot all be hidden.” XD I mean, I think I’m pretty real *pats himself down* yep, 10% sure!

Oh so your a Calvinist??? cool!

I totally agree, I just hope I’m not one of those ‘seed in the shallow dirt’ belivers… I think we can often be unaware of how shallow we truly are

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@wordsmith: aw… alright well glad your focusing on school! It should still be pretty fun to watch form the side lines : D

@serenity
    : also I’m wordsmith, your totally welcome here!

@emgc
    : alright, so your pro ‘cant lose salvation as well huh?’ *cracks his kunckles* 4 against 1, just the way I like it! “may the odds be ever in *coughs* (my) favor!”

Serenity
    @serenity

well, @theinconceivable1, I know that I just have issues with being too superficial; I would/do always put stability over reality. The problem with that is that then you have a warped idea of who you ought to be, and so then when you do need to get stuff out, its that much harder. Maybe that’s only me, I don’t know, but that is a really big struggle of mine.

So im TOTALLY, 100% with you there. Its way easier to not have to feel than to express it clearly in the right moment. Don’t feel (lol) alone there.

and I got the quote. (= that would have been weird if I hadn’t.

ENTJ

Serenity
    @serenity

and I agree. The seed in shallow dirt is a terrifying concept. So we need to be careful and continue to commune with the lord and other believers so that we can be verified in our own hearts.

ENTJ

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

Ok everyone, if you dont mind, I’ll start on the attack (so when I send a verse that says “i’m right!” then you have to tell me why it doesnt say that instead of just sending your verse that says “your wrong!” see what I mean? I promise to do some defending in the future!

alright, lets start it off with this: (also guys, it has come to my attention that not everyone enjoys a good debate so if I ever get to excided just say “hey, you! remember this about showing God and discovering truth!” and I’ll probably calm down XD)

“Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast [a]the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.” 1 Corinthians 15: 2 NASB

“but Christ was faithfulas a Son over His house—whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end.” Hebrews 3: 6 NASB

“You will be hated by all because of My name, but the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.” Mark 13: 13 NASB

Ok guys NASB is a good literal translation (thats why I’m using it) and this is the start to my ramp up argument! There are quite a few of these lovely little verses that have the word ‘if’. Like you will be saved if you endure to the end. I think I can find more, there’s lots, but my question is this: why, if salvation cannot be lost do these ‘if’s exist?

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@serenity: Ya I agree, being superficial can be an issue… However, for me, I just go on a walk or a run or something if I feel frustrated or angry or whatever. So its not that I dont process, its just I dislike processing and, at all costs, refuse doing so in the presence of anyone but myself ; )

Serenity
    @serenity

@theinconceivable1, same, same, bruthuh. I just think that this isn’t the best thing for us as people.

ENTJ

Catwing
    @catwing

@theinconceivable1 That tea song is almost as bad as the baby shark song… *mentally humming song* *was trying to write about characters drinking air underwater* *why did I think that was a good idea* … *presses replay* Wait what’s happening why is it playing again!! *humming to music*

I agree with @selah-chelyah that you can’t loose your salvation. She said that very nicely.
    But I have to do things and think I shall just watch. Perhaps I shall pipe in sometime, but I enjoy reading your opinions and it takes me a while to write something and I’m supposed to being doing something else… 🙂

Oh look it’s @wordsmith ! Hello it’s been awhile! You kinda vanished (granted I do that…a lot…*nervous laughter*). *waves at you in the corner*

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@catwing: Oh common! its good! (also, I have NO idea why the baby shark song became popular XD I dont like it.) well have fun writing about people drinking air underwater!

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,075 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest