Any guys out there?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Any guys out there?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,075 total)
  • Author
    Parker Hankins
    @parker

@theinconceivable1, Wow! I didn’t realize my score was that far!! Maybe, I need to retake that test. It just doesn’t seem right. But it is! I will tell you that there are others way better than me out there!

I have a website that’s about to be published. Just a few days!! I could still share some of my work, though.

I think medieval stuff is usually fantasy. Have you ever read anything by Chuck Black?

Unfortunately, I don’t have any adventure short stories. Only novels. I’ve written two novels and I’m working on my third, and they mystery adventure novels. They’re part of a series. (Don’t think that most writers have written complete novels. Most are usually working on one or just write short stories for the time being.) I could share a fantasy short story if you still want to read a short story.

How much have you written? Any short stories? Novels? I’d love to read some, and offer advice and feedback on your writing. I’ve found that feedback and critique are very helpful in making you a better writer.

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Brandon Miller
    @brandon-miller

Hey!

Just popping in to say that @daeus-lamb is old.

Also, welcome @theinconceivable1!  Don’t get discouraged about over-assessing yourself.  It’s really important that you get a good idea for where you are (even if it’s lower than you thought) and now you can build yourself back into the intermediate/advanced area!  What is you next step for moving forward in your writing journey?

Also, good luck on your finals!

---
    Fair Winds and Following Seas,
    Brandon Miller -- Wesley Turner

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@theinconceivable1

It takes some time to acclimate to the language… but Shakespeare is one of the greatest writers out there. His speeches are just amazing.

Advice on character development? That’s one that I have trouble formulating words for. Lemme get back to you on that.

@warrenluther04
     @theinconceivable1, So… if I decide to associate myself with an MB title, I would tell you I’m an ENTJ, which is apparently the second least common personality. And theinconceivable1, I find being a T really fun… in fact I find being an NT super fun. I wouldn’t have it any other way. So if you ever want to go head to head with someone *raises hand* I’m here! 😀

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@parker: Ya I guess there alwase someone better right, I’m one of those people who wants to be the best at everything but I’m learning thats quite impractical and not very Christ like (being envious of people better then me I mean) So ya, I’ll stick with Congrats for being awesome and I’ll do my best to pick your brain so some of your awesomeness rubs off on me XD. Oh! cool that your getting a website up! thats excitting! Yes! Chuck black is awesome! Him and Wayne Tommas Batosn are the best authors I know. Love his books, still haven’t read the cloak of light series yet though… Have you read it? is it any good? ok two novels! thats insane! how meny words are they? also, how do you have the determination to pull that off at 15! Ya, I would love to read a fantasy short story! I’ve written a fair amount… like 10 short stories but they arnt crafted, just kinda written of inspiration and stuff you know. I tryed/ am trying a novel. Got 48000 words written on it but lost steam once summer break ended. Most of it isnt well written even by my standards but I want to fix it up… someday. I dont know, it may be better just to start over… Anyway I would love some feed back! I’ll put a link to two of my pretty short storys, I apologise for my grammar in advance : D.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nwvNMhonnzZuoqgw1WCFrj9QTOmruZuwFlx8NL8txwg/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19n0zi5zr_Ft1pShKVOgkFNy-zC45PvzPeXQ4Y4lcy6c/edit?usp=sharing

@brandon-miller
    XD daeus cair to defend yourself?

Hey Brandon, are you an official too? what writing level are you at? Ya, I’m looking forward to getting better! the next step is actually studying how to write! I’m reading a book on how to write well right now and I intend to read alot more! Thanks, I hope I do well to!

@wordsmith
    : Yo cool! your the extraverted me XD. Oh I would love to debate some stuff! Whats your belives on freewill and predestination (its one of my most well educated biblical topics particularly because I’ve struggled with it ALOT!) Or we can do something else… Whatever you find interesting!

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@theinconceivable1, I haven’t read the Cloak of the Light series yet, but I really want to. I’m a little apprehensive about them because they don’t take place in medieval times. But I love his Knight series!

My two novels are like 70,000. Actually, I wrote the first novel at twelve, but I was so horrible then that I’ve had to update that novel soooo many times. I think being homeschooled and having free time on my hands caused me to fill up my time with writing and music. BTW, Do you play any instruments? I play the piano. Here’s a link to a video I did. I apologize for the camera angle.

Wow!! You’ve written more short stories than I have!! I’m really bad at writing short stories. They tend to turn into LONG stories. XD!! I’ve written four–I’m working on fifth.

Wow!!! You wrote a huge amount of words in your novel!!!! I know what it’s like to burn out on writing a novel. When you write something that long, it’s like so hard. I found that word sprints get me through times like that. My second novel it took me weeks to write the last two chapters because I just couldn’t write.

I can’t wait to read those stories you wrote!!

Here’s my fantasy short story. It’s rather preachy at the end, but oh well.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n1lJJrSdVAmJOUPQIiNJdiUoF5MELmYMC4BkH7KtgKE/edit

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@theinconceivable1

Hahaha! That is a great topic of debate… Though I’m in the middle of a word war right now. I would love to have that discussion with you, but until the end of this week I’m super booked.

Even so… I can still chat a little here and there, thus:

I believe that within predestination man has free will to choose. Those two concepts are something that man really can’t reconcile in a way that we can logically understand. But we can have faith in God that because he says we have both the choice and yet he preordains everything to happen, it’s something we don’t have to understand.

Man doesn’t not have to understand God’s processes for God to do them… God being omnipotent. So I see in scripture that God preordains everything, but man is still responsible for his actions and thoughts, and we are not robots.

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@parker: Ya I know what you mean! I read the first one a while back but the other books weren’t out then so I was kinda left on a cliff hanger!

Wow 700000 words at twelve! that’s awesome! I do think being homeschooled does help though! No I don’t play any instruments… I have absolutely no musical gifting XD However the same cannot be said for you! wow thats pretty darn good! I dont know, playing music never really interested me much… Ya, short storeys seem to be all I can write… I’ll have to read your short story a little later, I have to go to school this morning!

@wordsmith
    hey  guess we have no need for debate; thats what I believe! It took me WAY too long to reconcile contradicting beliefs but their both in the bible so hey, its got to be true right! However, if asked to chooose between the two I’ll choose predestination (I think it has the stronger biblical argument). Alright well that was easy, any topics you have on your mind?

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@theinconceivable1

Well… Let’s see… I can’t think of any off the top of my head.

Bella
    @bella-b

Um, yeah, I feel like everyone here is a girl too.  Even on other writing websites, it feels like everyone’s a girl (which I have no problem with, but you’re right.)

I be an amazing grammarian plus spellitarian.
      Srsly.

Brandon Miller
      @brandon-miller

Hey Brandon, are you an official too? what writing level are you at? Ya, I’m looking forward to getting better! the next step is actually studying how to write! I’m reading a book on how to write well right now and I intend to read alot more! Thanks, I hope I do well to!

I mean idk what exactly “official” means.  I’m on the writing staff and I’m a guildmaster.  But like… you’re an official forum member just like me so…

there’s that for what it’s worth.

I’m intermediate.  TBH, I haven’t taken the test since it was in development.  I should… do that.

WAIT OH MY WORD CRAFT BOOKS ARE MY FAVORITE!  WHAT ARE YOU READING?  DO YOU WANT SUGGESTIONS? (good)

My favorite is Go Teen Writers by Stephanie Morrill and Jill Williamson.  It is a really great book that lays a great foundation by competently touching on a whole ton of different aspects of storytelling.  I’m currently in the middle of Jeff Gerke’s Plot vs Character and it is also really good.

---
      Fair Winds and Following Seas,
      Brandon Miller -- Wesley Turner

Parker Hankins
      @parker

@theinconceivable1, I just read your short story, Angel Wars. IT WAS SO GOOD!!!!!!!! You are awesome!!! How did you not get a better Story Ember score????!!!!!

And whoa!!!!!!!!!! That next story was WAY TOO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need a way better score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like, I was feeling the tension in the second story, even though I didn’t know where his grain was.

Wow!!! I’m just appalled!

theinconceivable1
      @theinconceivable1

@wordsmith Um, how about I ask you a legit question I have and you try and give me spiritual insight : D. It wont quite be a battle of the wills per-say but it would probably be helpful!

@bella-b
      : Its weird right? Do you like being in the majority or is the minority more your style? However, on the upside, this whole writting forms experiacne has let me make friends with girls I would otherwise likely never talk to XD!

@brandon-miller
      : That totally counts as official! You should retake the test, you’ve probably gotten way better and I want to know your real score. Oh cool! I’m reading a book thats free with amazon prime called “Writing fantasy heros, powerful advice from the pro’s” really creative name right XD. Maybe I’ll check out your “go ten writers” book if you think its that good!

@parker
      : Really? *glairs sceptically but hopefully at the same time* I mean when I actually took the test I got an intermediate but Taylor ClogSton read one of my storys and said I was a novice… Are you just, well I wont say lieing, how about “bending the truth” to make me feel good XD. Anyway I read yoru story and here’s what i think:

You have good imagery, things like “Tesline stared, the blood rushing from her face. Fear stifled her breathing, constricted her heart, leadened her feat. The Monster was erupting, yet she couldn’t find the will to move.” Great job, it shows fear really well and helps with suspence. But you tried to do to much in too little time. Its just you try to make Tesline feel the darkest black and then the lightest light in the span of a few minutes. Also you try and add some romance (which you did pretty darn well! Again, Romance is beyond my skill set XD) and the gospel message and I think its just too much. I think if you spread the story out then it would be alot better!

Buddy J.
      @wordsmith

@theinconceivable1

Okay! I can try… It’s not like I have masters in divinity though.

Bella
      @bella-b

@theinconceivable1
        I’m not sure, I mean it’s fun to hang out with a ton of girls, but then everything feels rather one-sided in everything.  You guys are cool too and there deserves to be more of you.

I be an amazing grammarian plus spellitarian.
        Srsly.

Taylor Clogston
        @taylorclogston

Taylor ClogSton read one of my storys and said I was a novice…

Well when you say it like that I feel like a jerk =P

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,075 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest