Any Fellow You Tubers?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Any Fellow You Tubers?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Karla Van Der Berg 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Karla Van Der Berg
    @blueberry

“After months in the void, Blueberry has surfaced once again!”

Hi fellow emberites!

So I recently started a YouTube channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv8vDKFd3uwHalZ9Lu6fIPA

And I was just curious if other people on here had an story/writing related YouTube channels so that we can help each other out and maybe even collab and stuff? XD

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@taylorclogston  has a youtube channel.

😉

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

I, David
      @i-david

@blueberry Consider me subscribed.

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

Grace Carter
      @h-jones

KARLAAAAAA! *attacks*

IT’S HEATHER FROM dA SJHDHJSDBFHJSBDFHJBJDF

i subscribed hahaha xD

—Cartographer of Life’s Wandering Ways.
      Also, secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

Taylor Clogston
      @taylorclogston

@the-fledgling-artist Thanks for the reference :-}

@blueberry I was really, really trying hard to do a weekly critique-and-other-writing-stuff channel. Officially, I’m still doing it but haven’t put anything out in a while. Life and actual writing come first, and neither of those are really in order right now.

I’ve never read visual novels, but they interest me! I have a copy of Steins;Gate on Steam I’ve not tried out yet. I’ll be following your project along on YT. Gives me an early 2000s internet feel, which I love.

Selah
      @selah-chelyah

@blueberry

I followed you! I have a YouTube account here, though it is a bunch of playlists and not stuff I have posted. 🙂

"Get wet and sandy!" ~Instructor Reno
      "You will show respect!" ~The Bearded One

Karla Van Der Berg
      @blueberry

Thanks everyone, Though a bit of an update. The visual novel wasn’t the most well received, but I still want to do stuff on YouTube. Though I am not entirely sure what yet. I might just have a podcast like thing over a video of me drawing or something. Man, youtube is harder than I thought ^_^’

Taylor Clogston
        @taylorclogston

@blueberry YouTube is in fact ridiculously hard =P Sorry your visual novel didn’t take off. I do enjoy listening to podcast videos, for whatever it’s worth.

I do have two channels to recommend here. The associate pastor of my church has a channel he uses for Christian worldview and silly things, like talking about national churro day. And a Christian indie writer friend of mine has a channel where he interviews a bunch of other indie authors, and it’s really cool. You all should check them out =P

Selah
        @selah-chelyah

@blueberry

For writing purposes, I would also recommend Shadiversity. It is a really good channel as far as realistic and helpful content!

"Get wet and sandy!" ~Instructor Reno
        "You will show respect!" ~The Bearded One

Michaela
        @mgtask

@blueberry I subscribed to your channel – looking forward to checking it out!

Karla Van Der Berg
          @blueberry

Thanks guys! I will have to check these channels out! And brainstorm new YouTube ideas…

In the meantime I also made a Wattpad account, and released a new Christian story of mine on there. I must warn that it falls under hard Christianity and has language and violence (but doesn’t promote those things since I am a Christian  pacifist I just don’t believe in sugarcoating things), and has some complicated themes. If you would like to check it out here it is: https://my.w.tt/kNiDIzLvtX

MyClipboardIsMyViolin
            @myclipboardismyviolin

YouTube is in fact ridiculously hard =P

Thank you. If I had a dime for how many people have told me how supposedly easy it is to make money off YouTube, I’d have a few hundred bucks. Yours truly went to actual video editing class and had my ignorance bubbles popped. If you don’t want to actually make video, don’t do YouTube.

I am going to try again, though. I want to do Choose Your Own Adventure Stories and maybe some poetry readings.

Sarah, Miss S, Sierepica_Fuzzywalker

Karla Van Der Berg
            @blueberry

Yeah, youtube is an all or nothing kind of deal not exactly as easy as people insist it is. :p

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest