fb

Any Anime/Manga Peeps Out There?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Any Anime/Manga Peeps Out There?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@scarletimmortalized

Hm…. Koe no Katachi has like this tiny, tiny, minuscule amount of romance(like, so little romance that it’s barely there), but the characters are so adorable together you’ll ship them to the end of the earth once you get attached to them. XD Anohana also has a little, though Angel Beats is the one with the most if I remember correctly. None of the plots are entirely romance though, so I think you should like them. (There is this side character romance in Angel Beats that is absolutely adorable and it makes me cry though)

I totally get what you mean by shipping…. I’m one of the odd shippers. 😉 I like the unconventional ships like Kacchako from BNHA(though I have to say, I adore Todomomo XD) or Zutara from ATLA… if I get involved with shipping at all. Half the time I don’t ship a ton(especially in fanfiction…), simply because I like a good story over a cheesy half done romance.

I AM OBSESSED WITH THE DABI THEORY! Seriously. It has taken over my BNHA fandom life. I love it, and I’m going to be very put out if Horikoshi just…. drops it or something. It would give Dabi so much more character depth(*cough* considering he has like none rn) and so much potential for a good arc. Plus. It would just suck if he was a villain for a dumb reason, and it would really lower the enjoyment of the show for me if Horikoshi dropped his standards and gave an easy way out. Because that’s pretty much the entire idea of BNHA–what happens to equality and the natural order of law when you throw a bunch of super humans together? What happens to morals? Rules? Etc. That’s what drew me to the show.

Gray and Zeref are my two favorites, actually. And Jellal. We can’t forget our resident blue haired angst child. XD (Honestly though, I will go down with my ships. And Jerza is one of them.) Zeref’s character is just… very nice. Very nice. It’s also similar to my own villain’s arc, so…. I have preferences. 😉 I like the characters with issues. (*cough* Bakugou *cough* I’m looking at you)

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

@introverted-elf

there we go!

i could've gone outside to take a walk, but i know that i wouldn't've come back

Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

I’ve always been a big fan of kid’s anime and manga, I’ve watched Princess Tutu three times now, I’ve read all of sailor moon, and, of course, Pokémon!

I’ve also seen OHSHC a few times, I watched Noragami twice, death parade (made me cry) once, Yona of the Dawn twice, Snow White with the Red Hair twice, Trigun with my brother about a year back, assassination classroom once, fruits basket twice, I watch the Netflix compilation of Case Closed, and I’ve read most of the manga, and…

yeah, I think that’s about it

Introverted Elf
    @introverted-elf

@e_elaine_soup5

Sweet! 😀  Oh my goodness, YES! Thank you people for creating this thread.  Okay, so I love the manga/anime art style; I think it’s really easy to draw! And it’s pretty and awesome.  So, I kinda just got into anime stuff, but my favorite animes to watch so far are My Little Monster(I finished it cuz it was just about 13 episodes total, but I think it’s good) and Sword Art Online(I’ve heard a lot about it, and I’ve watched the first two episodes so far).  Can I just say that the theme song for SAO is really cool? I mean, I’m only two episodes in, but that song has been in my head all day.  Especially love the first ten seconds.  Epic. 😀  I tried watching Engaged to the Unidentified, but by the first episode, it wasn’t exactly what I was hoping for.  Also, I feel like the characters voices were insanely high–or at least, higher than I’m used to.

Then I saw a bit of Anohana and now I want to try that one out too.

Tolkien/Batson book lover, anime fangirl, TLoZ, SW, SC fan, Stirlingite, Owl Citizen, Team Grimmie \|/

Introverted Elf
    @introverted-elf

@scarletimmortalized  You like Death Note? I’ve personally never seen it or read the books, but I want to now cuz I know my favorite singer *whispers* Christina Grimmie, likes Death Note. 🙂

Tolkien/Batson book lover, anime fangirl, TLoZ, SW, SC fan, Stirlingite, Owl Citizen, Team Grimmie \|/

Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

ooh, I started watching Engaged to the Unidentified, but I didn’t like the storyline. It was a bit weird to me. My friends have raved about My Little Monster, but I don’t really like the story either. SAO’s art style irks me, but I do love the theme song.

I don’t like death note, but I love that theme song

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

@sarah-inkdragon

Good to know! Thanks!!

I love Todomomo…….so much.

YES, THE DABI THEORY!!! Yeah don’t be a coward Horikoshi…Yes amazing plot line!!\

Nope we can’t forget our blue haired boy. Jerzaaaaa I love ittt toooo.

@introverted-elf

SAO’s themes are amazing. Just be warned it gets a little racy in certain scenes at the end of season one, in the middle of season two towards the end of the gun arc, and pretty early in season three. Really high voices make me nuts too…but what drives me over the edge are CHARACTER WHO YOU CAN’T TELL ARE A BOY OR GIRL BC THEY HAVE MEDIUM VOICE AND LOOKS THAT COULD GO EITHER WAY.

rant over

Yes, I really really like Death Note…it really ranks up there. Super intense and the plot is amazing and just the battle of the minds….*squeals* It is really dark so to speak so if you don’t like that, you probably won’t like it.

“Scarlet, What are you eating?” ~ “Ghost peppers...” ~ Robin sighed.

Introverted Elf
    @introverted-elf

@e_elaine_soup5  Oh, yeah, Pokemon is a classic! When my younger brothers watch it, I usually watch too.  Do you watch the newer Alolan ones? Yeah, My Little Monster was the first anime I watched and I just really liked it. 🙂  The main thing to keep in mind when watching it is that it escalates very quickly.  And already just in the first episode! But it was entertaining.  Are you just not into a lot of romance animes or just those kinds of romance plotlines?

@scarletimmortalized
      Ohhh, okay.  Thanks for the heads-up; I’ll be sure to keep that in mind when watching.  Would you recommend skipping those scenes entirely when I get to them?

LOL, yeah, I don’t mind the rant.  It’s especially confusing if the boy has hair as long as a girl’s and his voice is higher than it should be.  I don’t really mind a lot of dark stuff, I guess.  I’m not a naturally dark person at all, but it sounds like a pretty good anime.

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@introverted-elf

Yasss I’ve found someone else who loves My Little Monster! I can’t believe I forgot that one in my anime list…. out of romance anime that’s one of my absolute favorites and it’s a great anime overall. 🙂 I love it. The romance is so adorable too! XD

Haha, the romance did escalate quickly, but I still love it. Normally I hate insta-romance…. I think this romance worked for me because both the characters were so likable and despite them both liking each other, there was still conflict and tension without the characters seeming to be incredibly dense.

@scarletimmortalized

Yes, Todomomo is absolutely adorable, isn’t it? (I have a thing for cute romances lol)

Jerza so needs to happen. If it doesn’t happen, I’m going to loose my mind until someone writes a really good Jerza fic or I take it upon myself to write a really good Jerza fic.(There is a tragic shortage of good Jerza fics)

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

oh, I might of made the intention that I didn’t like romance, but I do. I just didn’t like those anime, a lot of the anime I watch is romance.

1. Sailor Moon–Usagi marries Mamoru by the end

2. Noragami–Yato almost threw away his life when Hiori started to forget him

3. Yona of the Dawn–It’s labeled as a “reverse harem” and I ship Yona and Hak so hard.

4. Princess Tutu–Fakir can’t write for anyone but Duck/Ahiru

5. Snow White with the Red Hair–Don’t Shiriyuki and Zen marry by the end as well?

6. Fruits Basket– also another reverse harem, and I ship Tohru and Kyo

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@scarletimmortalized

Just saw this topic now. 🙂 I’m watching My Hero Academia and Haikyuu with my siblings (my older brother edited them for us, actually). The first just fits me perfectly; I mean, an anime pretty much about superheroes? YES, PLEASE! And the latter has made me REALLY like volleyball. 😉

Also, I really like anime because I love the manga style art. 🙂

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

Ella Grace
    @ella-grace

Hey! So I have younger siblings I LOVE anime and I need help. Are there any recomendations on kid-friendly animes? like something that is 1 in english 2 no or not a lot of romance and 3 not a lot of violence.

Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

OOOOH!

I HAVE A LIST!

Ella Grace
    @ella-grace

@e_elaine_soup5   Go right ahead!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Ella Grace.
    Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

Princess Tutu

Angelic Layer

Digimon

Pokémon

Shugo-Chara

Sailor Moon

Monster Rancher

Yu-Gi-oh!

Dream-colored pastry chef

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest