Another one who doesn't know what she's doing

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Another one who doesn't know what she's doing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

(steps off bus, suitcase in hand, looks around.  Smiles broadly.) “Finally! Crazy people!”

Hello there.   Whew, where do I start? So, I’ve been stalk-reading this website for four months and have finally decided to jump in. 🙂 I got a 38 on the quiz, intermediate.  I’m not sure that’s right because I’ve only just started writings stories even though I enjoy creative writing.  So I’m intermediate in theory, but novice in practice. LOL.  One of my stories is based on some graphic art that @anne-of-lothlorien made.  Permission to continue, ma’am?

Anyway, I hope to interact with you’uns soon.

P.S. Yes, I know my profile pic isn’t up yet.  I just like to tantalize people with what I look like.

"Atticus, he was real nice. . . .”
      “Most people are, Scout, when you finally see them.”

Grace
      @h-jones

Hello, and welcome to Story Embers! 😀 First off, I absolutely love your signature. That’s some real truth right there. xD

What are some of your favorite books? 🙂

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

K. A. Grey
        @k-a-grey

Well, thank you! 🙂

Um, whichever one I’m reading at the present?…  At the risk of sounding childish, I love the Anne of Green Gables series and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (I’ve got the whole Holmes collection in a book 5 inches thick).  Yes, yes I know, weird combination. 😉

A Kitchen Sink
          @hgm_barnes18

@k-a-grey

Helloooo! I’m finally earlier in the welcoming committee, bahaha. 😀

Welcome, welcome. I’m pretty new here myself, but very nice to meet you. 🙂

Just curious, what is your favorite genre of writing, or favorite style of writing?

"If you called out to the void loud enough... hard enough... would the void answer back?"

The Fledgling Artist
          @the-fledgling-artist

@k-a-grey Hello! Welcome! Are you planning to join a guild?? 😀

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

K. A. Grey
          @k-a-grey

Oh, rats.  I just typed a nice reply and clicked submit and my computer wasn’t even connected to the internet 🙁

@hgm_barnes18
             I don’t really know if I have a favorite to write in.  Contemporary?  I think fantasy and sci-fi is cool too, though I’ve never written any. 🙂   (By the way, may I ask why you call yourself A Kitchen Sink?)

@the-fledgling-artist

I don’t know if I’m ready to join a guild just yet.  Maybe, in time, I will.

A Kitchen Sink
            @hgm_barnes18

@k-a-grey

That’s cool. 🙂 I love writing speculative fiction, especially dystopian.

I’d love to explain. So my pfp is the logo of the band twenty one pilots, and the name ‘A Kitchen Sink’ is based off one of their songs (Kitchen Sink), in which singer/songwriter Tyler Joseph says:

“Nobody thinks what I think, nobody dreams when they blink; think things on the brink of blasphemy, I am my own shrink; think things after me, am I a catastrophe, I’m a kitchen sink. You don’t know what that means, because a kitchen sink to you is not a kitchen sink to me, okay, friend?”

And then, right after, my favorite part: “Are you searching for a purpose? Then write something, it might be worthless; paint something, it might be wordless– pointless curses, nonsense verses. You’ll see purpose start to surface; no one else is dealing with your demons, meaning maybe defeating them could be the beginning of your meaning, friend.”

Basically, it’s a beautiful and deep song about finding purpose in creating something that only you know the meaning of– your kitchen sink. It’s inspiring to me, especially with how it talks about writing, as I’m a writer, of course.

The song is, in my opinion, a total masterpiece. The music and the vocals and the lyrics are all beautiful, as is most everything that band does. |-/ Here’s a link to the full song, if you ever want to check it out: https://youtu.be/_gcNBMMQIMk

Oof, I just ranted there. Sorry about that. I have so much love for that band, haha.

"If you called out to the void loud enough... hard enough... would the void answer back?"

K. A. Grey
            @k-a-grey

*goggle eyes* Ooookay, now I know.  XD

My parents are kinda strict about the music I listen to, so I hope it’s not on the “wild” side?  The link isn’t working for me anyway.  🙁

Catwing
              @catwing

@k-a-grey Hello there. You remind me of me a little bit. *stalks site for months before joining* *not having profile picture up at first* *finally crazy people* *intermediate, but thinks she’s not that high of a score*
              I’m Catwing the catwing. *throws feathers* Nice to meet you. 😀
              I generally like writing sci-fi and fantasy. But also spy stories, mysteries, and action-adventure. *dramatic spy music plays in background*
              Welcome to Story Embers! I hope you like it here. (which you probably do since you stalked it for months and then joined. ;3 )

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

K. A. Grey
              @k-a-grey

@catwing Yes, I do like it here.  Of course.  I mean who wouldn’t, right?  LOL

I like your whole cat armour suit thing by the way.  So you like mysteries.  I like them if they’re not too “obvious.”  Do you like Holmes? Any suggestions from you?

The Fledgling Artist
                @the-fledgling-artist

@k-a-grey Well, small steps are better then no steps at all! We’re all glad your here regardless if you are in a guild or not. 😀 *Sprinkles happy confetties* Have you checked out the blog yet? There are lots of cool articles, short stories, poems, and even an art gallery!

K. A. Grey
                @k-a-grey

@the-fledgling-artist  Yup, faithfully read it every week, even before I joined.  😀  I saw your work, too.  “Shine”, right?  I really love your style.  Watercolors. *heart eyes*

By the way, will someone tell me how to get more emojis besides the whole colon and parentheses conversion?

What? I’m an introvert.  Emojis are essential to conversation.

The Fledgling Artist
                  @the-fledgling-artist

@k-a-grey Yeah, that was me. 🙂 I’m glad you like it! (Have you checked out the short stories? They’re all good, but there are some reaally good ones.) Unfortunately I have no idea how to access more emojis! I am limited to 🙂 🙁 and 😉 unless I’m using my tablet. You’ll have to ask someone more techy then myself.

What is your current WIP (work in progress) about?

K. A. Grey
                  @k-a-grey

It’s a short story about a guy with an incurable disease who’s dying.  Yeah, real cheerful. XD  It’s actually based off some graphic art @anne-of-lothorien did. The “isn’t it scary to be ready to die at such a young age one.”  By the way, I still need to come up with a deadly rare disease. 😀 Preferably one that isn’t contagious or requires chemo.  (I don’t want him to lose all his lovely dark hair.) 🙂

Catwing
                    @catwing

@k-a-grey Thank you.
                    I haven’t read any mysteries recently (I haven’t read much of anything recently… I shall read more soon…)
                    I grew up on Nancy Drew and I really liked them. But I think I went back and realized they have a lot of telling. (I don’t think it bugged me cause I have an overactive imagination. 😛 )
                    I like Holmes… But I haven’t read the books. Yep. I always mean to but never do. I have seen the old movies, BBC’s version, and some of Elementry (last one was some times not really that good though… 🙁 )
                    I can’t think of any more mystery books right now.

@the-fledgling-artist
                    I don’t know what brand you have but… the button is usually on the lower left hand side, you may have to click one that takes you to extra symbols(not the normal letters, I don’t know what it’s called). Of course you have to be using the screen keyboard, not a bluetooth one.
                    For computers, right click and click emoji. 😺
                    You’re welcome.

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest