fb

And just when you thought I'd never show up…

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself And just when you thought I'd never show up…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    NCStokes
    @ncstokes

*door comes flying off its hinges* Hi! *excitedly twirls cape*
    Well, you might not recognize me what with the new username and all, but rest assured it’s me and not an imposter of some sort. *lowers voice* It’s Daughteroftheking, in case there was any confusion. Not Reggie. I know, he wants his own account, but I won’t let him because goodness knows what he would post about. Probably about food.
    So, *claps hands together* hello Embernians! Embergers? Emberites? Whatever you call yourselves. *plunks self down in a chair that is only unmelted because this thread is brand new* What’s new here?
    And why does @sam-kowal have turtles camping out with him?

*shameless self promotion* https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@ncstokes Welcome to Story Embers! The name thatโ€™s been floating around is Emberlings, but I personally prefer Emberians because it has a scholarly sound (like the Bereans). ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sam has turtles camping with him because he borrowed some from Daeus, I believe. ๐Ÿ˜›

Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting

Hi there! I love your enthusiasm! I also love your profile picture! Embernians sounds like librarians, Embergers sounds like Hamburgers, and Embernites I think sounds cool, like sparks in the night or little bugs or something.

"I set a melody upon the scenery I saw outside my window;
    It's beginning in my spacy world."
    - TK

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@ncstokes ๐Ÿ˜€ Hello!

Yeah, our name is Emberlings… A title some of discussed with Hope and decided that while it did sound a little like a kind of rock creature, it was also epic.

Reggie? Have I met Reggie yet? Is he some kind of sidekick in the same vein as Stan…

OW, STAN! You are a sidekick, you must adm—OW

๐Ÿ˜€ Ohh. Yeah, I took some of Daeus’s turtles off his hands I guess. They just wandered over and I kept them

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
    Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
    I would have saved you one!

Anonymous

@ncstokes Welcome, daughteroftherkingwhohaschangedheridentity!!ย  I love your profile picture!ย  And actually, @snapper has already melted my chair.ย  Earlier today.

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@ncstokes Hi! Aberdeen remembers you! ๐Ÿฆ–๐Ÿ˜ƒ If @snapper doesnโ€™t melt your chair, Aberdeen will be pleased to break it for you instead. ๐Ÿ˜œ

He wants to know, if you were a dinosaur, what species would you be? ๐Ÿฆ–๐Ÿฆ•

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. ๐Ÿฆ–

NCStokes
    @ncstokes

@briannastorm Hello, Wielder of a Red Pen! (That sounds very epic, by the way) I like the professional sound of Emberians, too. It reminds me of someone who would be taking care of a ancient library or some such thing.

@devastate-lasting
    Why thank you! Oo, I like Embernites. “Hello, I’m an Embernite!” would be an great way to start a conversation.

@sam-kowal
    Rock creature? Yes, I suppose it does. Beware the caves, thar be Emberlings! (Now I’m imagining going into a cave and finding a bunch of writers. “Oh, no! Emberlings! They will defeat me with their knowledge of theme and precarious control over their characters!) Yep, Reggie is a sidekick, of sorts. He’s my guard tiger. *pats his head* He’s my profile pic now and then. Now, specifically.

@ariel-ashira Thank you! Reggie likes it, too. He says it makes him look epic. Oh no! Another chair casualty. ๐Ÿ˜›

@mariposa
    I rememberย Aberdeen as well! Tell him thank you, but I’m very fond of this chair. It’s all spin-y. ๐Ÿ™‚ I would be… a pterodactyl! *spreads imaginary wings dramatically* Mostly because I want to fly.

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@ncstokes Haha! Thank you. Iโ€™m a professional editor, so I try to ward off typos and clunky writing with finesse. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I agree; Emberians do sound like book guardians. ๐Ÿ“š

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@ncstokes Well, technically, a pterodactyl is actually not a dinosaur. *cough* *clears throat*

Dinosaurs are defined as reptiles that walk erect with a posture similar to elephants or rhinos. ๐Ÿฆ• ๐Ÿ˜ Since pterodactyls (and other flying reptiles) do not fit that description, they are considered flying extinct reptiles respectively. Just sayinโ€™. ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿฆ–

NCStokes
    @ncstokes

@mariposa Interesting. *steeples fingers* Are aquatic dinosaurs, like the plesiosaur, also not dinosaurs?

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@ncstokes Yep, theyโ€™re extinct swimming reptiles, not dinosaurs. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Filewriter
    @filewriter

@ncstokes, hiya! Do you remember me from KP? Well, I am here too! I recognized you right away. Even when I saw:ย Welcome our newest member: NCStokes.

๐Ÿ˜‰ So, have you joined a guild yet?

Yes, I would never suggest giving a tiger an Ember account. Nor a droid BTW.

Well, nice to see you here. *throws embers*

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

Coralie
    @corkybookworm

Howdy! ๐Ÿ™‚ Loved your intro! I look forward to getting to know you!

And, though the question was not posed to me, I must answer: @mariposa Triceratops! Don’t know why, but I’ve always loved them. Probably because of the Land Before Time. Cera was always my favorite. (And Ducky!)

GraceBought
    https://gracebought.wordpress.com/

NCStokes
    @ncstokes

@mariposa That’s really interesting! I never knew that.

@filewriter
    Of course I remember you! You were one of the first names I noticed and recognized here when I first checked out the forums. Yeah, Reggie promises he’d be good, but he’s not exactly a writer and I think he’d just hijack all the forums. Especially if he learned how to post gifs… *lowers voice* Gifpocalypse.ย  No, I haven’t joined a guild yet. I’m still kind of fuzzy on what you actually do in a guild. I know it’s like a smaller group of people, and there are guild wars, but is it just like a mini-forum? Do you work on projects together?

@corkybookworm
    Hello! Thank you! I really like triceratopses, too! There’s something very likeable about a big, neat-looking dinosaur that isn’t trying to eat you. XD

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@ncstokes When you live with a dinosaur like I do, you often learn many interesting prehistoric facts. ๐Ÿฆ–๐Ÿ˜…

Triceratops seem to be the most common SE species. Besides Coralie, Josiahโ€™s one, and @ethryndalโ€™s one too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest