fb

An Example of My Graphic Art for Libby But You Can Look at it Too

Forums Art Art Discussions An Example of My Graphic Art for Libby But You Can Look at it Too

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@libby Here’s some graphic art I’ve done. The first is a book cover, but I’ve chopped off the bottom part with my name…

*geeks out for Kylo Ren/Ben* (Anyone want to join?)

Most of my works are color coordinated, and I like working with black and grey-scale best, but I try to be diverse.

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@anne-of-lothlorien Those are awesome. I especially love the last one. Black and white with that tinge of color… *gasps* I may have a slight weakness for that type of design. And seriously, where can I find that guy’s awesome coat?

๐Ÿ˜€
    ๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿ‘
    ๐Ÿ‘– ๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

What’s it for? It sounds interesting.

๐Ÿ˜€
    ๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿ‘

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@daeus-lamb Thanks! The last one has been my favorite for over a year. It’s actually not for anything specific. Most of my collages and art isn’t. It’s just ideas and randomness. Sometimes they end up going with other people’s work – I put the ‘beloved ghost’ one up on Instagram once and someone asked if they could keep if for their story, because it fit so well. ๐Ÿ˜€

My process is basically finding two pictures or one picture and quote that go together for any reason and building from there. I had the quote and the boy for this one and it grew. To awesomeness. ๐Ÿ™‚ I have done some specific character or story ones, but they’re mostly random.

The closest thing I can find to his coat is this –ย https://www.amazon.com/Tengfurich-Tengfu-Winter-Pocket-Unbalance/dp/B00YDQKH3C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1535576230&sr=8-3&keywords=high+neck+pea+coat+black+menย Yes. I have looked. The crossover collar thing is the hardest thing to find. I don’t think anyone makes it.

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@anne-of-lothlorien Well that’s cool. Maybe I can create a character based on that collage.

What a shame. If you ever do find that coat, let me know.

๐Ÿ˜€
    ๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿ‘

Libby
    @libby

@anne-of-lothlorien I have to agree that your last one is profound!ย  I love the second to last one, too – so sweet.ย  I love allย of them, actually. ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  Thank you so much for posting them for us to see!ย  You are very good at designing.
    On a side note, are you a Star Wars fan?ย  Just wondering.

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@daeus-lamb By all means! *waves hand grandly* Write him a story. He deserves one.

@libby
    – Yes, I am a Star Wars fan. I’ve seen all but the prequels, and I love Ben Solo. A lot. Plus BB-8. And a lot of other people. Older Luke’s sarcasm was awesome. ๐Ÿ™‚

Libby
    @libby

@anne-of-lothlorien That’s neat!ย  I would not consider myself a fan, but I do love most of Star Wars, excluding a bit of episode two.ย ย I also really like Ben Solo.ย  I think he’s the most relatable villain they’ve created so far.ย  I do have to say, though, I liked VIII better thanย VII. ๐Ÿ˜‰

As for Rogue One, that’s entirely something different – it’s one of my favorite movies.

One last thing – how long have you been doing graphic art?

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@libby

Yes, episode VIII was much better than VII. Definitely.

I love Rogue One too, it just makes me cry. A lot. I was so proud of myself the last time we saw it, because I’d managed not to shed a single tear. I went to bed, woke up at three in the morning, remembered the movie, and promptly started to cry. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have been graphic designing for about a year, I think…? It started with mostly collages and now I’m doing cover art too. Not professional quality, but I flatter myself in thinking it’s passable for general use. Now I have about half a dozen book covers and over one hundred collages made.

Ara
    @itisastarrynight

@anne-of-lothlorien I love the second to last one- the watercolorey one. I don’t understand much of what goes into graphic design, so did you paint it, or did you just arrange it? ๐Ÿ™‚

Sketching with no reference is like hiking without a map!

Grace
    @h-jones

Okay, I’ll actually have to keep note of this… do you do commissions? requests? paid or otherwise?

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Donโ€™t tell anyone.

I, David
    @i-david

I don’t belong here, but I wandered in, saw @anne-of-lothlorien ‘s stuff, and just had to say: Wow. That’s amazing. Awesome work.

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@itisastarrynight – I don’t create the pictures I use. I find them on a royalties free website, then put them together and edit them with a program I have on my computer.

@h-jones
    – I actually just did my first graphics project for Sarah Inkdragon. I am definitely open to doing things for other people. Whether I charged or not would probably depend on how many pieces you wanted, and what it was going to be used for. Sarah’s was for a novelette that’s coming out on her website, but if it was for something being published, or promotional, or a large amount of project, then I might charge, but that also depends on how easily payment could be exchanged. I’m not proficient in methods of online paying. ๐Ÿ™‚

@i-david
    – Thank you! It’s nice to know my artwork makes other people happy!

And I’m sure you belong wherever you wander into, unless it’s a nuclear power plant or the Imperial Throne Room.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@anne-of-lothlorien

WOW!! Your amazing! This is SOOOO beautiful!!! I love the themes and the colors that you put together…everything fits together so perfectly. I once tried to make this collage thing and it was hideous.ย  ๐Ÿคฎ So, remembering that particular piece of ugliness, I stand in complete awe of your abilities. ๐Ÿ˜€

What program do you use? Can I get it somehow??? *looks around hopefully*

And also would you want to do some graphic art for me? One piece…just to serve as inspiration?

*puppy dog eyes*

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@eden-anderson I use a variety of things, paint, paint.net., and pixlr being the main ones. Pixlr is an online thing, which I can insert the link for, https://pixlr.com/editor/and paint and paint.net were just on my computer when I got it. *shrugs* I honestly don’t know how to get them. It’s all been self taught for me, and I’m sure my first ones were horrible too, so if you’re interested, just keep practicing!

I can do a piece of art for you, sure! Probably only one right, because I’m a little busy with school, and it might take longer than normal. If you want to, you could put your email address here and we can email about it, which would be easier, or we could just stick to here if you want.

I can’t promise anything very specifically like you have in mind, because using only royalty free images does limit the options, and I’m not a magician.

I look forward to working with you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.