fb

An Attempt at Resurrection

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself An Attempt at Resurrection

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Snapper
    @snapper

Snapper is going to be frank.

She misses you guys.

All righty. So It’s been what, a year??? It feels like a year anyway since I’ve been on any kind of writer’s forum, and ughhhhh I’ve gotten soooo lazy in my writing and I could really use some encouragement and accountability to get me back on track.

So go. Tell me what’s going on around here. What are the tags? IS THERE ICE CREAM? If not, I’m out of here. Goodbye. So long. Farewell.

Anyway, a bit about me to those of you who have no idea who Snapper is (if you don’t, shame on you, I’m quite the popular dragon. 😉 )… I just finished my fifth novel, and I’m going to start planning my sixth pretty soon. I’ve queried agents, been rejected four times and I plan to be rejected many more times.

I melt chair for a living.

I’m also a junior in high school, so if I don’t show up as much as I’d like that’s probably why.

I also like to play guitar, give Josiah de Grande frogs, sketch lots of things, and tell people why they should read my books. XD

Lord of the Rings is yes and my new and updated personality type is the ENTJ.

I’m also obsessed with gifs.

So there. Snapper is here and she’s going to ATTEMPT to stick around. Note the ATTEMPT. Please don’t tap on the glass if I don’t come out every so often. XD

What’s up with you guys?

@daeuslamb @kate @ethryndal @everyoneelse @itsbeenawhile

*melts chair*

Snapper
    @snapper

@daeus WHY DID YOU CHANGE YOUR TAG

*melts chair*

Snapper
    @snapper

Oh boy. Forget it. I’ll just wait for him to show up so I can melt his royal cape. *hides behind couch*

*melts chair*

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@snapper Hi, welcome back! Is this the first novel you’ve attempted to publish? Oh, and have you been working on any art projects recently?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Snapper
    @snapper

@the-fledgling-artist Hi!

Yep, the first. It’s not the first I’ve written, but I’ve definitely never queried before. It’s a process, that’s for sure.

Let’s see…. I haven’t had much time to do that much art, but here and there I like to draw my characters. If you have instagram, you can see some of my art on there. 😛 I don’t mind posting a few pics here either tho.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Snapper.

*melts chair*

Snapper
    @snapper

@daeus-lamb

There. Figured out your tag. (finally)

*melts chair*

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@snapper That’s so cool! Publishing sounds really hard. 😋 I assume by the way you were talking that you’re publishing traditionally (as opposed to self publishing?) What’s been the hardest part of this process?

I don’t have an Instagram right now, but if you ever share some of your work on the forums you should definitely tag me! I think I may have seen some of your work on KP before but I might be mistaken. Have you considered submitting art to Story Ember’s gallery?

Snapper
    @snapper

@the-fledgling-artist Oh yep. Traditional publishing. IMO, I’d rather be trad published than indie. And honestly, I think the hardest part of the process is waiting and taking the no’s. I really love my book and I’m proud of it, so it’s not easy when no one else wants it. 🙂

I’ll be sure too! Oh that’s right, you were @notawriter weren’t you? Your art is so good!

*melts chair*

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@snapper Aww, yeah I could see that! *Gives you chairs to melt* Don’t worry, I’m sure if you keep trying you’ll find someone who loves it!  Is finding a publisher a complicated project?

Yeah that was me! In all honesty I’m surprised you remembered me haha. Thank you for the compliment. <3 I don’t remember exactly what your art looked like but I remember that I liked it a lot!

Snapper
    @snapper

@the-fledgling-artist *melts chairs* Thank you. I am muchly satisfied. 😛

And it’s not necessarily finding the publisher that’s the problem. It’s finding a literary agent. Technically, you can’t send your book to publishers because that would be ‘unsolicited’ and most publishing houses only accept represented books. Finding an agent, then, is my top priority.

And it’s definitely complicated. XD Besides having to write the book, I also need to prepare a book proposal ( 😐 ), a query letter tailored to each agent, and a two-page synopsis.

And then I get to wait for the one yes and the ninety-nine ‘no’s’. 😛

*melts chair*

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@snapper Wow, so crazy! I’m sure God will direct you to the right agent in his timing. <3 After all, you’re writing for him!

Hedges
    @h-jones

Oh! I totally remember you! You melted chairs and I think iPhones at one point? You’re pretty cool. 😀 I’m sadly not a dragon. A videogame princess perhaps, but not a dragon. I approve of such awesomeness, though. *thumbs-up*

Aha, a fellow xNTJ! I’m an INTJ, or at least I think I am, pff, I don’t even know what to make of the whole MBTI thing anymore so just allow me to scoot along. xD

There is indeed ice cream. Particularly, mint chocolate chip. Have some if you’d like. *thumbs-up*

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@snapper *hides chair*

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@snapper

Well, hello there, stranger. *shoves chair at you* *whips out stool*

An ENTJ now? Weren’t you an ENFP or ENFJ at one point? Have you been every MBTI under the sun?

Yes, please attempt to stick around.  *lowers voice* we miss you too.

Ceud mile failte

Sarah Baran
    @ethryndal

@SNAPPER!!!

My cuddly dragon friend! *pitches a chair at your head* We’ve been languishing without your sizzling wit!

*snickers at her own pun*

I’ll admit, I’m kind of in the same boat as you when it comes to being active around here. I love our little band of snarky writers, but… *whimpers* Life… One of these days, we need to have a good old-fashioned Gif War, complete with raspberry ice cream and LotR rant. The Story Embers forum will not be fully christened until that happens. XD

Hey, have you ever done NaNoWriMo before? I’m considering attempting it next month. (Yes, that’s how far I’ve descended into insanity. Call me stupid.)

(Also, you being an ENTJ makes SO. MUCH. SENSE. Though it’s strange adjusting to the fact that you’re not an ENFJ. Now, you’re only one letter away from me. *glowers* My world-domination plans are being encroached upon.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest