fb

ahoy!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Sarah vdH
    @sarah-vdh

Ahoy! My name is Sarah and I am terrible at introductions.. I’m a long time story lover and book worm *ahem*, sorry, dragon. I am just about done with school (which means more time for writing (hopefully)) and I can’t walk into a bookstore and safely come out unburdened by novels. I love words, but struggle with using them in conversation with real live humans ๐Ÿ™‚

I am currently working on about 5,006,778ish stories (though I did finish one; a retelling of the Snow White story). Besides being a writer I am also a full time big-sister, a master at reading a book in nearly any situation (except, sadly, the car), a struggling artist, a beginning photographer, a part-time pirate, a dreamer of impossible dreams (dragons, superpowers, magic, etc.), and a girl sick with wanderlust. (I’m also an infp for those who do the mbti test thingy..)

Well I may be bad at introductions, but I really suck at wrapping things up (see the 5,006,778ish stories mentioned above). So without further blathering on my part, ’till next we speak!

It's a dangerous business, going out your door... who knows where you'll end up.

Theresa Play
    @theresa-play

@sarah-vdh, Welcome to the fantasical place on the web

ooh, part time pirate? can you teach me any sea navigation?

What genre do you write?

(you have a fellow infp in me, though I tend to be an intp most of the time)

"My prayer is that when I die, all of hell rejoices that I am out of the fight."
    - C. S. Lewis

Sarah vdH
    @sarah-vdh

@theresa-play, my fellow infp-ish person! ๐Ÿ˜€

Normally I don’t give much in the way of tips, it’s easier to teach it in person, but I can tell you this: *Drum roll* remember, the map is the lock and the compass is the key.

I write mostly fiction with a heavy lean of the fantasy side. I love writing adventure stories and things involving a quest or journey of some sort. Kinda like the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings ๐Ÿ˜‰

It's a dangerous business, going out your door... who knows where you'll end up.

Aimie
    @ajaj2000

@sarah-vdh

Ahoy Sarah! How’s the sea life? ;P

I’m Aimie an adventurer and explorerย of the fantasy genre!

I too like to go to bookshops but I mostly just check around (those covers are worth it XD)

I understand your “have many ideas but haven’t finishedย one” I got over fiftyย and those are just the ones that are clear to me. Story Generator anyone?

I really like fairy tale retellings (got even a few ideas) what is yours about?

Can I ask how old you are? I’m turning eighteen tomorrow. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sarah vdH
    @sarah-vdh

Ahoy, @ajaj2000! It is very nice to make your acquaintance.

The sea has been calm of late, but there is word of a treasure hunt in the northern waters!

I love story generators! And those inspirational pictures and quotes and stuff ๐Ÿ™‚

My Snow White story is set in ancient, mythical, China. It’s about the royal princess, Min, a cursed dragon prince, seven powerful mages, and an evil sorceress.

To answer your last question, I am 17-years-old. I wont be 18 for another 4ish months ๐Ÿ˜€

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@sarah-vdh Welcome to the awesomest place in the universe! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I have the same problem in bookstores; you’ll never see me walk out without bags of books ๐Ÿ˜› They should do this to stop me:

But it probably wouldn’t have stopped me ๐Ÿ˜›

Just curious, are you homeschooled?

I also am an artists and beginner photographer. What are your favorite books/authors?

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

Aimie
    @ajaj2000

@sarah-vdh

Hey, Sarah ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope you got a treasure map for that treasure hunting ;p

Sorry I meantย that I feel like a story generator >_>’ but they’re still cool ๐Ÿ˜€

That sounds really cool I would like to read it ๐Ÿ™‚

Sorry, this was late my birthday was on the 11th ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

@sarah-vdh Welcome!ย  I like your profile picture.ย  And I have nearly as many WIP’s as you do. ๐Ÿ˜€ย  what kind of artwork do you like to do?

Sarah vdH
    @sarah-vdh

@jenwriter17

Yes I am home schooled! (Does it show?? XD ) You do art and pictures? That’s awesome! What kinds of things do you like photographing? As for some of my favorite books and authors? Whew! The list is practically endless.. I love C.S. Lewis and Jane Austen; To Kill a Mocking bird and The Eagle of the Ninth are high on my list of classic favorites right now; The Mysterious Benedict Society and The Lunar Chronicles are some of my more modern favorites; I also enjoy a Sherlock Holmes mystery or a book of fairy tales.

@ajaj2000

Hmm… a map. Not a bad idea! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’d love to let you read my story, but I’m not sure how to get it to you. All this technology has me stumped when it comes to things like that. Give me the open sea and a good ship any day!

@ariel-ashira

Thanks!

I don’t have a specific area of drawing that I enjoy more, but generally I stick to people or copying from real life. I don’t particularly like drawing horses though… never can get those legs to look quite right.

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@sarah-vdh I just guessed ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m homeschooled too.

I like to photograph lots of different stuff. I really like photographing at train tracks, or like plants and books and just every day objects.

I love Sherlock Holmes!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ Do you have a favorite story?

www.jennaterese.com

Aimie
    @ajaj2000

@sarah-vdh

Hey, it’s okay I’m sure you can figure it out one day ๐Ÿ™‚ Because I have no idea sorry :/

Sarah vdH
    @sarah-vdh

@jenwriter17

That’s cool! I love taking pictures of plants too ๐Ÿ™‚

I must admit that I do not have a favorite. I’m currently reading The Sign of Four though and am enjoying it immensely! What’s your favorite?

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@sarah-vdh haha, I asked what your favorite was and I don’t even have one either! ๐Ÿ˜€ I do like the one about the horse Silver Blaze, just cuz, well, horses. ๐Ÿ˜›

www.jennaterese.com

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest