Ahoy Mateys!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@a_small_mousepad Paige Turner?! πŸ˜… That’s hilarious! I love puns. How many plays have you actored in? πŸ™‚

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. πŸ¦–

Abbey Bishop
    @a_small_mousepad

@mariposa I’ve been in a total of 5 plays and 3 musicals so far. I do have a pretty good amount of acting experience, but that’s also my downfall. I’ve never once been on the technical side of a show. I’m hoping to change that this year by applying to be an assistant director.

~a member of the great Meraki guild~

RaeMarie
      @raemarie

@a_small_mousepad I have never heard of that musical, but it sounds fascinating. If I get a chance this weekend, I am going to check it out!:)

INFP-T. Christ follower, music lover, a dreamer of Middle Earth..........

Mariposa Aristeo
      @mariposa

@a_small_mousepad Neat! What kind of things does an assistant director typically do? πŸ™‚

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. πŸ¦–

Carolyn Matthews
      @carolyn-matthews

welcome! have fun! I’m new too!

A God-fearing, singing beast who loves to escape into the pages of her stories whenever possible

Abbey Bishop
        @a_small_mousepad

@mariposa I actually don’t quite know yet. They basically get to decide whether things like acting, costumes, and props are working or not. There will be a lot of decision making and a need for creative solutions. I do know for a fact that the assistant director will play a big part in the casting of characters and feeding actors lines during rehearsal. At my school the assistant director also gets to lead the actors in different theatrical warm ups. It’s a big job, but it’s right down my alley.

Abbey Bishop
          @a_small_mousepad

@carolyn-matthews Nice to meet you! I love the jelly fish featured on your profile picture. Did you take the picture yourself?

Carolyn Matthews
            @carolyn-matthews

@a-small-mousepad yes I did! THank you! It’s an aquarium game I used to be addicted to!!!!!! Can’t remember the name of it πŸ™‚

A God-fearing, singing beast who loves to escape into the pages of her stories whenever possible

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest