Ahoy Mateys!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Abbey Bishop
    @a_small_mousepad

Hey there!

My name’s Abbey and I just got accepted today. I’m so excited to talk amongst fellow Christian writers. Alas, it is a pretty late at night, so I cannot yet fully explore the forum. I can’t wait to meet you all!

Those sentences didn’t flow well, but I can’t ever seem to write about myself. Anyways, have a wonderful night/day/afternoon!

~a member of the great Meraki guild~

ajaj2000
      @ajaj2000

@a_small_mousepad

Hey 😀

I’m Aimie! I write fantasy and I’m working on two projects a trilogy and duology, your story seems interesting how did you come up with it? 🙂

Parker Hankins
      @parker

Welcome, welcome, @a_small_mousepad! *showers confetti* So glad to have you here!!!

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Mariposa Aristeo
      @mariposa

Howdy, @a_small_mousepad! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosaurus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur), are happy to meet you! 🦖🙂

Is your profile pic a triceratops (I’m fascinated by dinosaurs 😅)?

What are your favorite hobbies?

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

RaeMarie
      @raemarie

Hello! Welcome! Greetings!

I am RaeMarie and I welcome you to the realm of wordsmiths and worldbuilers. What project are you currently working on?

What music do you like to listen to?

INFP-T. Christ follower, music lover, a dreamer of Middle Earth..........

Abbey Bishop
      @a_small_mousepad

@ajaj2000 Hi there! I came up with the idea of Dijetka a year ago, after watching a video of a lecture on Writing Fantasy and Science Fiction. The professor, Brandon Sanderson, challenged his students to create a story that they’ve always wanted to read because they are the only ones who can write it. His words spoke to me, so I decided to take on the challenge as well. I wanted to write a story about a human and alien becoming friends. I played around with this idea for about a month before finding a plot I wanted to stick with. After that, everything just started to expand. I have an extremely detailed outline and now I just have to actually write it!

Abbey Bishop
        @a_small_mousepad

@mariposa Nice to meet the two of you! My profile picture IS a triceratops. I got him at the Creation Museum.

My hobbies include writing (of course) and acting. Theatre plays a huge part in my life. Being on stage is such an incredible experience. I can’t get enough of it! This coming spring, my high school will be putting on a production of The Wizard of Oz. I’ve already started to prepare my audition for the role of Dorothy, but I’ll be happy if I get in the show at all.

Abbey Bishop
          @a_small_mousepad

@raemarie Hi! I’m currently working on a science fiction novel called Dijetka, but it might turn into a novella. (I can’t ever get my word count to agree with me.) It’s about the power of storytelling and the importance of emotions. As for my music preferences, I listen mainly to musicals and operas. Although, only obscure and underappreciated shows. I’m a bit of a hipster when it comes to musicals. Actually, I’m a bit of a hipster in every aspect of my life.

Abbey Bishop
            @a_small_mousepad

@parker *appreciates the confetti and grins* Why, thank you! I’m glad to be here.

ajaj2000
              @ajaj2000

@a_small_mousepad

Ah, Brandon Sanderson, 🙂 I’ve heard good things about him. I remember watching one of his lectures but I think it got mixed up with all the other sources I have watched and read 😛

Oh cool I’m a sucker for growing relationships between members of different species, something about people who are very different become close-knit friends gets to me XD

Interesting 🙂 maybe I should give the method a try instead of looking at the screen wondering what I’m doing XD

*Looks at Mariposa’s post* Wait, O-O That’s a triceratops? I thought it was some kind of squirrel! What the heck were my eyes seeing XD

Abbey Bishop
              @a_small_mousepad

@ajaj2000 Thinking about squirrels, I used to have a bunch of squirrels who lived in my attic. They ended up digging through the attic floor and began to reside in the walls. Long story short, a baby squirrel found its way into the oven. It was quite saddening.

Mariposa Aristeo
                @mariposa

@a_small_mousepad Cool! I’ve always wanted to visit the Creation Museum sometime. 🦕🦖🙂

That’s exciting! I’m too introverted to ever go on stage (I score 88% introverted on the personality test 😅). Do you have a favorite play?

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

RaeMarie
                @raemarie

@a_small_mouspad

I love your wip! I am looking forward to reading it.

The poor squirrel! I am working on a fanfiction about squirrels and people from one of my favorite tv shows. :). It’s kinda getting out of hand.

Do you have a favorite musical or play?

INFP-T. Christ follower, music lover, a dreamer of Middle Earth..........

Abbey Bishop
                @a_small_mousepad

@mariposa My favorite play would have to be The Treasure of Shiver River. It’s a melodrama, so it requires extreme over-exaggeration. I was actually in a production of it three years ago. I was Paige Turner and I loved books. (All the names were puns.) It was so much fun. I got to talk with a Southern nasal whine. The one line I still remember is, “This reminds me of the betrayal scene in my favorite novel: Passion, Prejudice, and Poultry! Right before Chicken Annie through herself off the Cliffs of Depression!”

I’m actually introverted as well. I found that when I’m acting, I’m not myself. I just live in the moment and I become my character. Although, public speaking is way outside of my comfort zone. Due to my acting experiences, I’ve learned how to mask my nervousness from my intended audience, but I’m always a complete mess on the inside.

Abbey Bishop
                  @a_small_mousepad

@raemarie Yeah, so I actually just responded to Mariposa about my favorite play. (I didn’t see your reply until now). My favorite musical is “The Theory of Relativity”. It consists of many different songs that follow several different story lines. The whole musical examines human experience and it even throws in a couple of Physics phrases too. It’s thought provoking.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest