fb

Advice Needed

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Advice Needed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

I’ve been working on my novel for around 3-4 years. I did not write from beginning to end in the traditional way, but instead wrote the parts I was inspired to write at the time.

I write using my phone and my computer. I’ll often start on my computer, but then I’ll have to go so I’ll copy/paste it to my phone and continue from there.

But now I have the problem of having two of the same part of the story, but one just is a bit longer then the other. And – to make matters more confusing – when I get back to my house I’ll add what I wrote on my phone back to my computer.

So now I have way more copies of the same thing on two different devices then I need, and I’m scared to delete anything because I’m not sure if something in one of the old copies is going to be useful.

I know I can’t be the only one with this problem. If anyone has any advice, I’ll take it with.

Zee
    @zee

Hmmm, @shadowwriter161, sounds complicated. Would it be possible to color-code your writing some way, for example red if it’s written on your phone, blue if it’s written on your computer, and red for parts that have been fully integrated?

Another option might be to create a set of Word documents, one for all material related to Chapter One, another for Chapter Two, etc. Then sort all versions into each document and pare them down, one by one, to what you want.

Just ideas…I’m sure others will also have good thoughts.

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@zee

Hi. Thank for the ideas, they are great. I’m even thinking of a way of combining the two. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest