About Cassie Hartfinh

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself About Cassie Hartfinh

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@theinvizibleman Ugh, I know what that’s like, although I’m not taking college classes, just my senior year of high school. I’m behind a week in my summer courses because I just had the flu. And when you’re doing several lessons from each course per day, being behind can spell disaster. Good thing I do an online school, so it’s easier for me to work at my own pace and catch up. All that to say, I feel for you. 🙂

Ahyek nahd feltin'or rempak.
    I'm not promising anything.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

I can identify. 🙂 Been busy doing so much it`s hard to even begin… We are fighting major health issues, trying desperately to move across the country, etc, etc. I certainly have not been as active on here as I wanted to be, either! How about you, @cassie-hartfinh?

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@selah-chelyah Oh no, what kind of health issues? I hope you all get better soon! What general area are you trying to move to, if I may ask? Anyway, I’m over the flu now, and back to catching up in school and book-writing. I added another chapter last night, if you guys are reading it. (As always, the link is on my profile page.)

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@cassie-hartfinh, we have numerous health issues from living in a moldy house for 9 months… it`s a rather extensive list! We are planning to move to N. Idaho, Lord willing. 🙂 Glad you are feeling better! I have not been able to read anything yet, much as I REALLY WANT TO!!

~ Created to create ~

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@selah-chelyah Oh, gosh, I hope you all get out of there soon! I keep imagining breathing in all these deadly spores, like in “A Series of Unfortunate Events” by Lemony Snicket. Are you all okay? Can people really die from breathing mold?

Yeah, don’t worry about reading my WIP until your health is in the clear.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@cassie-hartfinh, I have not read the book you mentioned, but yes, people really can die from breathing in toxic mold. To begin with it causes a whole horde of health problems- not very much fun, to say the least! Appreciate your concern… most people are rather doubtful of it being able to cause all the problems we wound up with, and are still fighting 8 years later. 🙂 I will say there is one entirely positive thing about it, though, and that is that when anything, including black mold, gets throw at you, the Lord has a plan for all of it that is far better than you could ever imagine! I dont think I really believed that  as I have learned to now... the Lords ways are definitely NOT our ways, but I totally know with all my heart now that they are FAR better, even when everything seems literally entirely hopeless. God is SO GOOD!!!

Anyway… we have found things that are keeping us going, and this whole issue is the reason we are moving, as well. I`m not sure if that makes sense, or if I even answered your questions, so tell me if that was totally confusing! 🙂 That all being said however, I still want to read that certainly-awesome WIP of yours!!!

~ Created to create ~

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

I wrote this out and then it disappeared from my page, so I don’t know if it went through, but I’ll submit it again just in case.

@selah-chelyah
    Okay…I’m going to talk about something that will be recorded on the internet forever and always, but here we go.

How do you keep your faith?

I know, I know. I’ve been a Believer for 15 years, and through my short life I have seen things and experienced so much evidence that I know for sure that God is real and He loves me and everything. I survived multiple battles against demons, and I’ve seen Jesus’ face right in front of me, and I have seen countless miracles. I know my spiritual gifts, and I long to use them for God’s glory.

But…for some reason, and only recently, I feel like I’ve been struggling enormously with my faith. I don’t know why, or what’s causing it, or how to fix it. My faith was so strong just a couple weeks ago, and all of a sudden it feels flimsier than a cardboard box in a rainstorm.

What you just said made me wonder: how do others keep their faith? How do they trust God even in the bad times? How do they grow in their relationship with Him? How do they not cave in at the first sign of a storm?

Sorry, I know you probably don’t have all the answers. This problem literally just came upon me a week ago, too, and suddenly I feel so weak. I guess I just needed to talk about it and ask for your thoughts. I’ll go ahead and tag everyone else in on this too, for a group discussion. Anybody know how to help me?

@theinvizibleman
    @h-jones

Grace
    @h-jones

@cassie-hartfinh That is awful, and I am so sorry. Oddly enough, I’ve felt the same thing recently, or something like it at least. I’ve believed in God literally my whole life almost, as soon as I knew there was a God basically, but through the past few years I’ve come almost to the point where I just couldn’t believe, and it’s a terrifying thing. I’m not sure if that’s exactly what you’re going through, but I think I do understand on some levels. Either way, it’s not fun.

Something I think is part of it, for me, is denying something that God has been trying to get me to do. It makes you feel far away from him. It’s like, you know in your heart what to do, but your head argues with you. So, you feel far away. Or, you’re hanging onto some hidden anger, bitterness, heart issue, sin, etc. Typically these problems are rooted deep down, and it takes a bit of effort to dig that far. Or maybe not. Maybe it’s completely different in your case. Either way, know this: God does love you, he really does, and there’s nothing and no one (and I do mean nothing and no one) that can take you away from him. Don’t be afraid. 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Grace.
      • This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Grace.

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

Selah CJW
      @selah-chelyah

Dear @cassie-hartfinh,

I am so sorry I have not gotten back with you yet!! Ever since I read your post recently, I  have been thinking about/praying for you, until now I can put my thoughts into words. I certainly admire you for sharing so transparently with us- I know I could not have done the same thing! And you are absolutely right, I do NOT have all the answers, but I will share what the Lord used in my life when I was in a similar place.

I can definitely identify with what you’re saying- at one point in my life a few years ago, I felt as if I were in a deep, dark hole where I was alone and (what was worse) like I was suddenly missing a link somewhere in my relationship with God. I believed I was doing all the Christian things I was supposed to do as laid out in Scripture, and yet something had begun to crumble at the heart level, disrupting a clear relationship with the Lord. I believed I had been walking with the Lord for a few years, and yet all of a sudden I felt empty, alone, and lost, and I couldn’t understand or figure out why. It was when I finally became desperate enough to ask the Lord to do anything and everything to me to please show me what to do to change it, that He revealed to me my blindness and unfaithfulness to Him. Romans 8:18-39 was a passage that really galled me when I was struggling with this so much, because it described  what I knew I should be, and tremendously desired to be, and yet was not!

Also, I must mention that I had been raised in a very strong Christian home, and also a home where nearly all I can remember is being in the midst of hardships in one way or another, causing me to have to cling to the truth as life support! That being said, I knew the truth, I knew that it applied to me, and that no matter how tough circumstances were, Christ was the one solid Rock. A  few years ago, however, I was at the point of desperation as my spiritual life felt so dry. When I finally was at the end of my rope, so to speak, I gave up trying to figure it out and gave the whole issue to God, crying out to Him to show me what had gone wrong and how to fix it! The Lord, in His great mercy, then opened my eyes to the fact that I was not obeying Him, honoring Him, reflecting Him, and living solely for Him 24/7. Little increments at a time, my priorities, thoughts, time, etc… were not being expended in ways that most honored and glorified Him, even if the things I did were not outright evil. He had been gently convicting me of this, and yet without even really realizing it, I had been ignoring the soft promptings, and He who is Truth could not dwell and work through me when I was living in hypocrisy. At the deepest heart level, I had not been utterly and entirely dedicated to Him alone, and pride was reigning since I looked pretty good to everyone else who could not see the sin in my heart! Layer by layer, He exposed to my view what He had been seeing, and broke me over my sin until I was completely dependent on Him to do anything everyday, as I did not want to do anythingof my own will anymore, even by accident!! And oh, I cannot possibly describe the joy and peace that came with abiding in Him in such a way! Such fulfillment! Even now the world around me continues to change and be molded more to His viewpoint, and my heart is broken over sin and over the souls of humanity around me more and more. To surrender, to die to myself at the heart level in this this broken surrender, was the hardest thing I have ever done, and yet it has reaped fruit that I could not have even fathomed. PTL!

So in a nutshell, at least for me, it was this: that I must be soaked in, and abiding in, His Word, and also that I live in complete obedience to whatever He convicts me of through that. Writing it down here almost makes it seem legalistic somehow, yet that is the exact opposite of the truth- it is a heart level issue!! And only through the grace of God were my eyes opened to see what I was blind to… I know I would be a completely different person if it were not for that!

I cannot say that I changed overnight to any outward observer (anyone but God), and yet I had been renewed inwardly, and my whole approach to life thrown upside-down into an only-and-all-for-Christ, who-cares-about-anything-else mindset, totally. My heart, soul, spirit, everything, were at complete peace with God, and I can truly say today that the extreme health struggles and other trials of all sorts that we have experienced have been the single best thing that has ever happened in my life, molding me into the image of Christ to reflect and glorify Him alone (which is the sole purpose for life, anyway!). No, I am not perfect, I do not know anything compared to what I should, and I fail continually, yet through the grace of God I have the motivation to get up again, praising Him and confessing my sin, changing, and praising Him yet more! God`s ways are so far indescribably higher than ours, and I am a certainly a living testament to that. I marvel at His tremendous grace towards me when I was so hypocritical, same as the Pharisees. It is as 1st John says, “….God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with Him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus His Sin cleanses us from all sin.”

This all being said, Cassie, and little as I know you or your situation, I would encourage you to this: -Read the book of 1st John, and any other passages that the Lord lays on your heart, praying as you do that He will open your heart to hear and your eyes to see. -Consider if you truly know the Lord. Read passages in His word such as Colossians 3 and Philipians 5 where it describes what the Christian looks like. If you do indeed know Him and manifest the fruits of belonging to Him, pray that He will show you where the problem lies! If you are truly His child, then He will never forsake you, though you lose the sweet fellowship and constant communion with Him when something comes between you. Love and obedience to Him are synonymous, and without complete dedication and surrender to His Lordship, He cannot use you as a vessel for His glory as He would have. I feel for you and will continue to pray for you, and thank you again for being so honest, Cassie, you are a good example to me in that way! “Now may the God of peace sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; He will surely do it.” (1st Thes. 5:23-24)

“…Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith,.. Consider Him who endured from sinners such hostility against Himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted… And have you forgotten the exhortation addresses to you as sons? ‘My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by Him. For the Lord disciplines the one He loves, and chastises every son whom He receives.’ It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons… If you are left without discipline, in which we all participate, then you are illegitimate children and not sons… All discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed. Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God: that no root of bitterness springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled: that no one is sexually immoral or unholy like Esau… when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no chance to repent, though he sought it with tears.” (from Heb. 12:1-17)

Praying you have a blessed day, and that you continue to seek for truth as for hidden treasure until you have resolved the single most important relationship in your life! Soli Deo Gloria! ~S.

P. S.- If you want to talk further, I would have more time by phone…. email me at needleworksbyselah@gmail.com I will email you back with my phone number. 🙂

~ Created to create ~

Cassie Hartfinh
      @cassie-hartfinh

@h-jones and @selah-chelyah Thanks for the support, guys. Glad to know I’m not going crazy or anything. :p I’m trying to follow your advice, and read my Bible and pray more, because God speaks through His Word, right? I’m slowly feeling better and getting out of this, don’t worry.

@cassie-hartfinh @selah-chelyah  Would lava to help with all of this, but just when I had finally scheduled my day with a block for writing and all, another college course preview got dumped into my lap: Python programming. Which means I will have really no time whatsoever for writing/critiquing (unfortunately), as they are rather low on the immediate priority list at the moment.

So, probably won’t be able to help out on your story for some time, Cassie. Or mine, for that matter. I will be going dark for the next millennium, so good luck Y’all.

If you make decisions out of fear, you are more likely to be wrong

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest