About Cassie Hartfinh

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself About Cassie Hartfinh

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author

@cassie-hartfinh Yeah, we’ve had some thyroid and magnesium issues as well. Thankfully, I have been blessed with a pretty good immune system, so I’ve avoided everything, barring an occasional cold. Traveling the world and having adventures would be great fun -I’m definitely the most adventurous in my family- just not as a job. I’ve had a pretty large garden before; had lots of tomatoes, jalapenos, cucumbers, carrots, watermelons, etc. when we lived out in the sticks.

@selah-chelyah
    Anywhere with temps from 70-90 degrees, forests, mountains, a large? city not too close by (maybe 30 min), and an ocean or large lake close by (30 min). Sounds just like Germany.

BTW, I was totally kidding about my guild being the humbleness guild. It’s actually the Guild that is Destined to be Greatest. But I didn’t come up with that.

If you make decisions out of fear, you are more likely to be wrong

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@cassie-hartfinh, amen!!! I want to do the same thing, grow all or almost all my food. I love living in the country where you can be your own person, live out your convictions, and think outside the box!

@theinvizibleman
    , you sure had me there, with the humbleness guild. That is hilarious! Only now I think there should be one. 😀 Its a great idea! Yes, N. Idaho is just like that. Is Germany that way, then? I thought it was muggier, maybe... or is that just the UK? With all the forests Im sure that is true, though! My last name (for real) is actually German.

My family always had great health until we got sick with mold in AK, and it has been QUITE the roller coaster since then! Before that we were always healthy, too, though. The Lord has His own timing for everybody, and I am grateful for all the health issues and the way He has used them in my life, but it has been hard! 😀 My mom and oldest- younger sister had/have thyroid issues, as well.

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

@selah-chelyah FYI sometimes your message does this:

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@theinvizibleman I’m trying really hard not to be jealous of your gardening skills right now. :p Also your immune system. Every year around the holiday season, my family all catches the flu or some other disease. This past year I caught it real bad. It was miserable. I don’t handle pain very well, unfortunately.

Aw, come on! You really had me with that guild title! Teach me your ways, oh master of sarcasm!

@selah-chelyah
    Yeah, your messages sometimes do that. Maybe some type of glitch?

You know, for all this talking we’re doing, not much is about our writing. Has anyone written anything lately that they’d like to talk about? What about books recently read? I’m reading the Ilyon Chronicles right now. Best Christian series I’ve read since Narnia.

Ahyek nahd feltin'or rempak.
    I'm not promising anything.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@theinvizibleman and @cassie-hartfinh, I have noticed that, too. Not sure why… any ideas?! Thanks for mentioning it! @cassie-hartfinh, I will do that with books asap!

~ Created to create ~

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@selah-chelyah No problem. Guess I’ll start. I just finished reading the first book of the Ilyon Chronicles series. It was AMAZING!!! It was all about these Christians trying to go into hiding while resisting a leader who made it a crime to worship anyone other than the standard false gods. It was full of suspense, danger, adventure, and romance, and it didn’t shy away from using grownup themes or descriptions, either! I was glad it wasn’t a typical, watered-down type of Christian novel. I’m definitely taking pointers from this in my own writing!

@cassie-hartfinh @selah-chelyah Well, you get out what you put into a garden.

I would teach you my ways, but classes are closed for the summer.

Yeah, we haven’t done much writing talk. I, unfortunately, haven’t been able to write as much as I would have liked, cause as soon as summer started I have been getting ready for college; filling out forms, attending student orientations, etc.

I have heard of the LLyon Chronicles before, wasn’t sure what they were about but they sound intriguing.  Do either of yall use Goodreads?

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@theinvizibleman Well, filling out forms for college counts as writing, right? 😛 What degree are you going for?

It’s actually ILYON, with an I, not an L, but yeah, it’s confusing when punctuated correctly. And it is a very intriguing series; I can’t wait to read the second book. No, I’ve never used Goodreads; what is it?

@cassie-hartfinh It’s an app/website in which you can keep track of the books that you have read and categorize them and find similar books. You can also join groups, some of which are writing related. It’s very useful, you should check it out.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@theinvizibleman, yes, I do. I don`t have enough access to internet to use it all the time, and I prefer reading a solid book anyway, but it is helpful, even to find new books!

~ Created to create ~

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@selah-chelyah and @theinvizibleman Sorry I blinked out for a couple days, guys. I had a busy weekend running a yard sale. Anyways, would I have to make an account of some kind and give away too much personal info to get Goodreads? Is it free?

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@cassie-hartfinh, wow, garage sales take a lot of work! you do not have to give much personal info. to have a Goodreads account. And yes, it is free! I like to use it to find new books…

~ Created to create ~

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@selah-chelyah I know that now, lol. It went pretty well, though.

Okay. I might check out Goodreads now. Is it good for finding Christian fiction?

@selah-chelyah
    and @theinvizibleman So how have your Fathers’ Days gone? (Notice how I punctuated “fathers'”. Everybody says it like “father’s”, but that’s wrong because we’re talking about all dads, not just one. That’s my grammar tidbit of the week. You’re welcome. ;P )

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@selah-chelyah @theinvizibleman So guys, anything new happening recently with writing and stuff? I haven’t posted any chapters on my google docs for about a week, because of the flu and stuff, but hopefully within the next week I’ll be able to post, in case anyone’s reading my latest novel. 😉

“sighs” I had planned on writing/critiquing other people’s work a lot this summer. But after my New Student Conference, my parents loaded me up with TWO three hour, college level courses to complete from the beginning of last week to the end of July. So yeah been quite swamped of late. @cassie-hartfinh @selah-chelyah

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest