About Cassie Hartfinh

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself About Cassie Hartfinh

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author

@selah-chelyah  I must say, that is an exceptional birthdate. You (and everyone else born on that specific day), were the first people in 89 years to have the same numbers in your day, month, and year.

I won’t disagree with you, as long as you don’t disagree with me that my guild is the best one in the world. 😎

Did your guild win the first guild war?

If you make decisions out of fear, you are more likely to be wrong

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

Well, @theinvizibleman, we did not participate in it that I know of, as we recently were created! 🙂 I am sure we will win the current “emotional death scene” contest, though! How long has your guild existed? And do you know exactly how many guilds there are total? I thought there was just three or four…?!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

@selah-chelyah We’ve existed for one month and three weeks. About a month ago there were three other guilds: Avensbeck, Rillumen, and New Wessex. So added to yours I guess there are at least 5.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

Cool! Thanks for the info, @theinvizibleman!

~ Created to create ~

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@theinvizibleman So you’re 19 then? That math riddle was cool! I should do that when people ask my age. It might help alleviate the annoyance of being looked at as younger than I really am. Anyway, besides working childcare at my church, I work at this place called the Island Frozen Yogurt Bar. Check it out on Yelp.com, we’re pretty popular, according to some people. Do you have a job, and if so, what is it?

@selah-chelyah
    Wow, I was close! I was between 16 and 17, and settled for the former. That’s a cool birthday to have! I’m a January baby myself, but Y2K, not 2001.

So…between the two of you guys, what are the best things about your guilds? What should I be hoping for when I get accepted?

Ahyek nahd feltin'or rempak.
    I'm not promising anything.

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

Oh, if only I was in a guild right now! I have the best idea ever for an emotional death scene! Oh well. If you guys read my book as I write it, you’ll see the death scene, hint hint.

@cassie-hartfinh  I love frozen yogurt….4/5 stars out of 93 reviews is pretty good. Alas, I do not have a job; have tried to get one at loads of restaurants, but I will be going to college in August and they don’t want to mess with training a short-term employee who will be gone in a month. A friend of mine’s dad is part of an IT company and offered me an internship there, but I’ve been waiting for them to get back to me for several weeks now.

Well, it’s just a small community of writers that critique each other’s work and stuff. Each one probably depends on the people inside of it; how motivated and awesome they are.

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@theinvizibleman Oh, that’s too bad. If you could get a job though, any job you want, what would it be?

I’m motivated! As for being awesome, I’ll let others be the judge of that. Can’t wait to be accepted into a guild? What kinds of things do you guys do?

Also, my story is 5 chapters long now if anyone wants to read it and give feedback. (This is me being really calm about begging for feedback.)

@cassie-hartfinh I would either want to be apart of a Cybersecurity team or Computer Forensics. I will read your WIP and give feedback when I can.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@cassie-hartfinh, I would love to read it!! Is the link in your profile? That sounds like a fun place to work! I don`t have a regular job at the moment because we are in the process of moving + a lot of health issues, but I do babysit (LOVE IT), and volunteer at a crisis pregnancy center/ thrift store.

BTW, I think you should get Meraki as your guild cause its actually called “Meraki: the guild of awesomeness”! 🙂 Whatever guild you end up in, I`m sure you will love it.

@theinvizibleman
    and @cassie-hartfinh, how many siblings do you guys have? Or any? I have three amazing younger sisters!

@theinvizibleman
    , where do you live? @cassie-hartfinh, you said you lived in Las Vegas?

~ Created to create ~

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@theinvizibleman Cool…what are those jobs for, again? Is that like forensic investigator?

@selah-chelyah
    Yeah, the link is in my “Premise of Current Novel” section. I used to babysit, and I do childcare at my church, although I have a heart more for older kids than toddlers. But it pays the bills. What’s a crisis pregnancy center like?

Yep, I’m Vegas-born, except I live in one of the suburbs, but still. And I have three amazing younger siblings. One brother, two sisters. All taller than me. I got the short end of the stick, lol.

Anyways, go ahead and read what I have so far of my novel! Let me know what you think, and if you have any ideas, feel free to comment!

@selah-chelyah @cassie-hartfinh I have two AMAZING brothers and sisters; one elder sister who is married. I live “in” the Air Conditioning capitol of the world, Houston TX, where 300+days of the year the temp. gets above 90℉.

I have volunteered at a crisis pregnancy center/ thrift store before as part of my NHHS.

My family has struggled with health issues as well, but we have fortunately been able to identify all the causes and everyone afflicted is now much better.

@cassie-hartfinh
    Cybersecurity is a very important and rapidly growing job field; the fastest growing in the world right now. You basically are hired to protect companies/people from hackers and unauthorized data usage. In Computer Forensics(aka computer forensic science) you examine digital media in a forensically sound manner with the aim of identifying, preserving, recovering, analyzing and presenting facts and opinions about the digital information. Sometimes you might even get called into court to present your information in a case, which would be sweet. Oh, and don’t feel pressured to join Erekdale, also known as the Guild of Humbleness(I don’t think mine or Selah’s guilds are even open.)

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@theinvizibleman Wow, I didn’t think anywhere could get worse than the Vegas desert. 300+ days of 90 degree weather? That’s gotta be rough.

Yep, my family’s had heath issues too. I’m a survivor of appendicitis, and my sister is a cancer survivor. I also struggle with asthma, while my sister has no thyroid and depends on a pill to stay alive. But God has helped us through it all.

Huh, the court part is pretty cool. I wouldn’t be interested in that field of work, though. Computer stuff isn’t really for me. I’d rather be traveling the world, having adventures in remote places, spreading the Word. That’s my dream. Midwifery wouldn’t be a bad option, either.

Guild of Humbleness? I’ll admit I could use a dose of humility every now and then. Too bad the guild is closed.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@cassie-hartfinh, I mostly work in the thrift store part of the pregnancy center, but I get to see and sometimes interact with the clients in the front… it is really neat, and I seriously enjoy it! The director, a good friend of mine, really has a heart for the people that come in there, and she is an inspiration to work with.  I appreciate doing whatever I can to help. Thi is their website, if you want to check out more: https://crossroadsprc.wordpress.com/

Yes, I agree, if it were not for the sustaining grace of God, I know we would not be alive right now. SO grateful that He has a plan in everything, and works everything out for His glory!!

@theinvizibleman
    , your job aspirations are most noble. I am sure I would lose my head… I can see how that would be a high demand job, though, and it sounds like you would be great at it! That is really neat, “The guild of humbleness”! What a great motto. You are probably correct about the guilds. I think they wait until they have enough applicants and then create a new one.

I sounds like I live in paradise compared to you persevering individuals! Wow! I live in central MO, and we are planning to move to northern Idaho, Lord willing asap. Idaho is about as close to paradise as you can get, I think! 😀 Mountains, dry climate, nice temperatures, trees, etc… , my dream type of place, even though that`s not why we are moving there.

Where would you guys move if you could, and/or plan to move someday?

~ Created to create ~

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@selah-chelyah If I could, I would move somewhere like where you’re moving. Green, mountainous, with forests of tall, dense trees. I would have a place in a large clearing where I could build a cabin, a greenhouse, and have a garden and an orchard. Here in the Mojave, you’re lucky if anything you’re trying to grow survives the spring winds and summer heat with explosive monsoon weather. I can grow carrots and a few small onions, but that’s about it. Someday I want to grow enough food so I won’t have to shop for any.

@theinvizibleman
    Where would you live?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest