fb

About Cassie Hartfinh

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself About Cassie Hartfinh

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@h-jones, Thank you! I will definitely let you know.

I’m only nervous about writing this, however, because I have some Christian friends who support abortion. It’s a stark reminder that just because we share the same faith doesn’t always mean we share the same opinions. Writing this novel will probably show me which of my friends are true. That could be hard.

Ahyek nahd feltin'or rempak.
    I'm not promising anything.

@cassie-hartfinh Ok thanks. This is a link to what I have written(haven’t fixed any of it yet; much to my chagrin; should probably stop binging shows and baseball games and get after it).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wEP7m0o2hW5CG0SrUnce2oXy_lmY6A71-I0KUyy_3ys/edit

Is your fourth book going to be fiction?

BTW I know an author who has written a  fictional book about abortion; here is a link to it:

books2read.com/other-bodies. You could maybe ask him questions about it.

I understand your dilemma. Many Christians these days are confused, taking what is feed to them without actually checking what the Bible says. The most horrible people I know say they are Christians. But as Winston Churchill once said, “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.”

If you make decisions out of fear, you are more likely to be wrong

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@jonathan-brown Yes, the temptation to binge-watch anything is real, very real. 😀

Wow, I read your prologue, and it really drew me in! I’m still wondering who the protagonists and antagonists are; did you mean to make that unclear for the prologue?

I also read the summary of that book you mentioned, and it looks interesting, but not really along the lines of my plot.

Speaking of the plot of my newest novel, if you want, I’ll put it in a Google Docs so you can read what I have so far and let me know what you think!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ooUiWHMnl9QesfLHrCyY3VHa1xAeTadmCXzJ-fAWYHE/edit?usp=sharing

I don’t know if my less-refined writing style is just unique to me as an author, or if it’s actually a fault, but it seems less…mature, I guess is the best word. I’ll have to let you judge that. Anyway, I’ll keep adding to the Docs as I go, and let you and everyone else know when I add to it.

Happy reading!

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

Exactly, @theinvisibleman and @cassie-hartfinh!! If you are not opposed, then you probably never did anything worth defending. SO AGREE! So refreshing to hear someone else talk about convictions the Lord has given them in their lives, as well. I

think it was Charles Wesley who understood this principle so well that he was discouraged one evening walking home from a meeting where he`d preached, because it had gone SO well, and so many people had responded positively. He was praying, and asking the Lord if he had compromised somewhere, or said something too seeker-friendly, when a housewife leaned out of her second-floor window and dumped her dirty dishwater on top of him! Instead of the reaction she must have been anticipating, he began to dance and sing to the Lord as he continued his walk home! 🙂

Oh to have a perspective like that all the time, eh?! Thank you both for sharing.

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@selah-chelyah Yes, it is refreshing to finally be able to talk about my convictions without fear of being…well, does verbally abused sound too harsh?

Anyway, I forgot to say earlier, @theinvisibleman that Winston Churchill quote you gave me earlier really spoke to me, so thanks for that.

So, back to writing. I added a new chapter to my current novel late last night, if anyone wants to read that and discuss it. Here’s the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ooUiWHMnl9QesfLHrCyY3VHa1xAeTadmCXzJ-fAWYHE/edit?usp=sharing

@selah-chelyah (You’re the only person I’ve ever encountered with that first name.) I visited the website that you have in your profile, and was wondering how you were connected to it. Also, @cassie-hartfinh, you got my moniker right except there is a “z” instead of a “s”.

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@theinvizibleman Oops, sorry. Don’t know how I missed that. Also, just something interesting to add here, this would make the second Selah that I’m friends with now. The other one I know goes to my church. @selah-chelyah Are you named after the book of Psalms? That’s where my other Selah friend got her name. It means “pause and reflect”, right?

@cassie-hartfinh The specific meaning is not known for sure; could mean to stop and breathe and reflect on the words just spoken, could mean forever, could  mean a new paragraph, or to weigh, or to lift up or exalt. 

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@theinvizibleman Ah, got it. My other friend Selah said hers meant to pause and reflect, though. Maybe it varies from Selah to Selah. :p

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

Sorry, @theinvizibleman, I got your moniker wrong too! My name (and it is really my name, not pen name :)) is from Psalms! Yes, I was always told that it meant “stop and think about”, and my second name is Jewel, so the idea is to stop and think about the word of God. Studying it myself, I think it could mean multiple things, which does not bother me as they are all awesome definitions! 🙂 Also, I have known a couple of other Selah`s who pronounce their names differently, but I pronounce it See-luh… fun fact, I guess?!

Chelyah is not my real last name, though! 🙂 That is the <em>Hebrew </em>word for jewels and the like, so I kinda play off my real second name… besides that, I love authentic words from historical languages anyway! *Searches the horizon for a writer who doesn`t*

BTW, how old are you @theinvizibleman (with a Z!), and @cassie-hartfinh?

~ Created to create ~

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@selah-chelyah Wow, cool! So I was right, in a way. That’s a new pronunciation, though. My other friend pronounces it Say-luh, not see-luh. That’ll help me distinguish between the two, though!

I’m 18 and 4.5 months old. Yeah, I keep careful track. How old are you? @theinvizibleman and @selah-chelyah

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

I guessed right, then! 🙂 Of course, profile pics give things almost away. Want to guess my age? 🙂

P. S.- Have you joined a guild?

~ Created to create ~

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

That picture actually makes me look older. In real life, most people think I’m around 15. It gets annoying, and scary when I’m at work and people think I’m too young for my job.

By your picture, I’m guessing you’re…16?

Yes, I applied to join a guild, but I haven’t gotten accepted yet. I joined Story Embers just after the beginning of the month, so I missed June’s window. What about you?

@selah-chelyah @cassie-hartfinh I am at the ripe old age of 6,967 days old; but you could probably tell me that from my profile picture. I am a proud member of the Erekdale guild.

@selah-chelyah
    I guess that you are either 16 or 17. Don’t know if you missed my question from before, but I checked out the website in your profile under the “my website” section, and was wondering: how are connected to it?

@cassie-hartfinh
    What kind of job do you have?

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@theinvizibleman, sorry I did not get back about that yet. Yah, it is actually my online business, but not really related to writing. When I first joined, I don`t think I understood what kind of website they were talking about. Thanks for asking, though!

And yes, my picture really needs to be changed asap, I`m actually 17 and almost a half- my birthdate is 01/01/01! I should get a better, more recent profile picture…

Also, I am a Meraki guild member, as in my sign-off line! Best guild in the world!… don`t even disagree, @theinvizibleman. 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Selah CJW.

~ Created to create ~

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest