About Cassie Hartfinh

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself About Cassie Hartfinh

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

Hey there! I’m Cassie Hartfinh (although my birth certificate says my name is Myriah). Basically, I’m a not-quite-published-yet-but-getting-there author who has written three novels so far–a trilogy–and is now working on the fourth–a standalone. I also love to write poetry, short stories, and scripts for videos I want to make for my YouTube channel (Myriah Grabish). What else? Like most, if not all, of everyone else on this site, I love Jesus and love writing Christian stories almost as much. I know there’s always room for improvement when it comes to my writing. I’m not perfect, although I will say I’m confident in my abilities and very thankful God has blessed me with a passion for writing.

Wondering about my pseudonym yet? It’s an alias I love to use based on a character in my trilogy, Cassandra Hartfinh. Like me, she’s crazy and loves to have fun with friends, although her one character flaw is the amount of emotional scars she tends to drag around sometimes. But God’s always at work in her heart, just like mine.

So, here I am, ready and waiting for others with my same personality and interests to add to my circle of friendship! Go ahead, don’t be shy about responding! I look forward to talking about Jesus-writing with you! (Yeah, I made up a new term for Christian book writing, you’re welcome.)

😉

Ahyek nahd feltin'or rempak.
    I'm not promising anything.

@cassie-hartfinh  It seems most authors think of Christian book writing as self-writing. Would be nice if they thought of it as Jesus-writing. What are your works about?

If you make decisions out of fear, you are more likely to be wrong

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

To read what I wrote about my novels, check out my profile page! The descriptions are long, so I’d rather not type them all out again.

No problem

Grace
    @h-jones

Welcome! Glad to have you here. Love the term Jesus-writing. Your honesty about your desires and wishes in regards to Christian writing is refreshing.

The pseudonym is super cool! Those are always fun.

Do you know your MBTI?

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

@casssie-hartfinh Do you actually live in the Mojave desert? Cause I was gonna nuke it as part of my nefarious villan’s plan; it was the cheapest option of all the places that wouldn’t cause me any emotional pain by accidentally killing any acquaintances, and I need to know before Montana goes off the market.

Cassie Hartfinh
      @cassie-hartfinh

@h-jones, Thanks! Although I will admit I’m only so open about all that because I know this is a Christian forum and I am among friends. 😉

What is an MBTI? Sorry, unlike most of the world’s population, I’m terrible with text-talk. :p

Grace
      @h-jones

@cassie-hartfinh Haha! No problem. 🙂 MBTI stands for Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, which is a test you can take which sorts your personality into one of sixteen general personality types. If you’re interested, here’s the link: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

It may take a little time to get the hang of it, but a lot of people on this website are interested in this whole theory and I think it’s cool too. Basically, you get four letters than describe one aspect of your personality. There are 8 letters in all.

I means introverted/E means extraverted.

N means Intuitive/S means Observant or Sensing

T means Thinking/F means Feeling

J means Judging/P means Perceiving

For example, I am an INTJ. That means I more introverted, intuitive, etc. etc.

It’s pretty cool. 😀

Cassie Hartfinh
        @cassie-hartfinh

@h-jones Oh, I know what you’re talking about now! I did take the test. I’m most definitely an ENFP myself. I’m very outgoing and crazy, but also know how to feel and perceive when I’m talking with friends.

@cassie-hartfinh Do you actually live in the Mojave desert? Cause I was gonna nuke it as part of my nefarious villan’s plan; it was the cheapest option of all the places that wouldn’t cause me any emotional pain by accidentally killing any acquaintances, and I need to know before Montana goes off the market. I’m an ISTJ myself(which makes us polar opposites); excel at lurking in the background and spying on people to steal potential book ideas.

Cassie Hartfinh
        @cassie-hartfinh

@jonathan-brown Yes, I do. But go ahead and nuke it anyway for your story. I couldn’t care less about this oven I live in. I actually featured it in my own story, although I didn’t nuke it.

What’s your story about?

@cassie-hartfinh. As I kinda gave a terrible explanation of it in my profile, here we go.

Around the turn of the century or so, some scientists in Australia are working on a device known as the Monitor, which allows people to go back in time and observe previous events as long as they don’t change history via the ripple effect. A sinister organization(known as Vigrid), believing that the Monitor is actually a time machine, takes possession of it and then tries to travel back in time, along with some futuristic tech and a stowaway scientist, to WWII to change the outcome of that war. Needless to say they get stuck in the past; unable to really do anything or return(Wont bore you with the details. Anyways, this isn’t the main story). But they do manage to pass their tech and secrets on down until the timeline gets back in track. The scientist lets a select group know of Vigrid’s plot to establish the Aryan race through the superhuman group called the Deviants, and they make a counter-plan accordingly.  In the plan, they set up a fake superhuman group to stave off the takeover as long as possible, and allow those who would be considered <i>Untermenschen </i>to escape to the habitable planet Vaizuno. But the reader won’t know that the fake group is fake until the very end of book one or two.

Hope that makes sense

Grace
        @h-jones

@cassie-hartfinh Ah, ENFP! That’s a great type. I know many ENFPs and they’re all lovely. 🙂

What is your fourth standalone about?

Cassie Hartfinh
          @cassie-hartfinh

@theinvisibleman Yeah, that’s kind of confusing, TBH. But I’m sure once I read the finished product, it would make for a seriously awesome read! What I did understand sounded super intriguing.

@h-jones
          My fourth standalone explores the subject of abortion, and my ideas and theories about how many lives are really effected when a child is aborted. Half of me is scared to write this because I know it could make some people mad, even Christians. But the rest of me really feels like God’s telling me to get this novel written, like it’s supposed to be an eye-opener. Sorry I can’t tell you too much about the plot. I want to get it published and let you read it for yourself.

Grace
          @h-jones

@cassie-hartfinh That is awesome, and I am proud of your decision to stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves. That takes a lot of bravery. I fully support. 🙂 Let me know when it’s out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest