fb

A Street Team? Is that what they're called?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions A Street Team? Is that what they're called?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ashira

Thank you! You’re welcome to join us. 🙂

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@wordsmith

Thank you for your comment about my description. I appreciate that. And to all your comments… the validation and help with typoes.

You’re very welcome. 🙂

I just want to send a little comfort your ways saying that we do need introverts.

True. Sometimes I forget that. It’s a stigma of equating introversion with social awkwardness. We don’t want to appear inept in social situations so we force ourselves to act extroverted. At least, that’s my experience. *shrugs*

To digress slightly, consider what happens when you throw introverts and extroverts into social interactions. An introvert and an extrovert will get along marvelously because the extrovert helps the introvert come out of her shell. (As one of my friends put it, extroverts tend to “adopt” introverts.)

Extroverts also get along well with one another. Introverts, though, are another story. It’s generally harder for them to make friends with other introverts, I think, unless both parties are willing and able to “extrovert” for the necessary amount of time to get to know each other. That’s what happened with me and one of my closest friends.

I prefer third person, either a relaxed limited or even omniscient… which proves to be difficult to use, but beautiful all the same.

I’m not too familiar with the terms “relaxed limited” and “omniscient.” I’ve heard them mentioned, but I don’t know what they look like in writing. Could you please give me an example?

Writer, illustrator, Parimi Alcan

Check out my new blog! https://arbitraryfairy.wordpress.com/

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ariella-newheart

Hey… I don’t feel that great… so I’m just gonna leave a quick acknowledgment of what you said, then I’ll leave a link on omniscient third vs limited.

*nods to what she said*

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/third-person-point-of-view-1277092

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@wordsmith Thank you for the link! That answered my question perfectly. Hope you feel better soon. 🙂

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ariella-newheart

Thanks 🙂

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@wordsmith

You may not see this, and that’s fine, but I was scrolling through the different threads looking for something (anybody know where that thread went that I saw the other day about NaNa this year?? Not the one about 2019 NaNa buddies or whatever. I think there was a different one), and happened across this. Just wanted to say that I haven’t forgotten about your message a while back on this topic, just been really busy and haven’t asked about a FB account yet…. *winces at own absentmindedness and vows to ask Mama ASAP*

(and I will message you in a bit as well just in case you don’t get back on SE for a while lol)

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@anne_the_noob14

Hola! Thanks! And no worries. I haven’t been able to think about starting an FB page in quite a while. I mean, I got sick shortly after starting this topic. And things haven’t gotten back in line, 100 %. BUT! I’m here… I’m back.

@ariella-newheart

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

So… I don’t know if I have anything to share with ya’ll yet… anyone have anything they’d like to have read? Maybe a special scene or perspective… maybe just simple writing they’re working on?

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@wordsmith *nods* *hands you coffee beans to munch* *skedaddles out of the thread before you throw one at me*

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@wordsmith Hey, welcome back! 😀

I’m working on a new story idea right now, actually. This time around I’m using third person, and it’s going surprisingly well. I’ll try to post something tomorrow.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@anne_the_noob14… I would not throw a coffee bean at you. But thank you for those. *nods*

@ariella-newheart
    … Cool! I REALLY look forward to reading it. I am currently putting my mind into limited third mode, as opposed to omniscient… and it’s cool.

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@wordsmith Right. Because you munch them instead. But… Always expect the unexpected 😀

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@anne_the_noob14… The moment you expect the unexpected the unexpected is suddenly expected and something else comes and knocks your feet from under you. *munches on a bean… a pinto bean*

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@wordsmith Ah, but see… I expected the unexpected, which, as you said, becomes the expected. Which then means I’m expecting the expected. So I’m actually expecting both the expected and unexpected. BUT! Since the expected becomes the unexpected, I am ALSO UN-expecting both the expected and unexpected.

*munches on cocoa bean*

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@anne_the_noob14… Ah, but it seems you missed something. There is no expected that becomes un-expected. It is merely something else that is equally unexpected. It is something you didn’t see coming. Because throwing the coffee beans is something known it is expected, but for the fact that it would not be me who throws the coffee beans. This means you merely expect more of the expected, and don’t know what else to expect. The moment you have something to lock onto, and are expecting it… it is expected. The unexpected is something that by definition cannot be locked onto. It is something that catches you off guard, as demonstrated when I munched on a pinto bean.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest