A Street Team? Is that what they're called?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions A Street Team? Is that what they're called?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Buddy J. 6 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

Hola! Mi estas la Forĝisto-de-Vortojn. Wordsmith.

Hey there. I just wrote three sentences, each in a different language. Actually, I didn’t just write three sentences. I just used an exclamation mark and two periods to divide three different sets of words into three different phrases. In short, I took the liberty of Wordsmith and Writer. Both of those are proper nouns, just because (actually, one of them is a name I use, the other is a term I apply to myself very officially).

There we go. You have met me. The ENTJ, smushing of of created definitions and words, a writer, one who plays with language. Over the past two years and three quarters of one I’ve been working on a story. In short, I started it somewhere around the early-ish side of 2017, and I’m still working on it to this day.

Ah, this day. That is where we are, at whatever time we read this. In my current ‘this day’, as I write to you all ‘right now’, I am looking for a group of people. Because I am an elitist and want to make you all special just because you put up with me as I write my story to the very end. Yes, you will be my Stormtroopers, my Nazis. Actually, not.

That was just to let my arrogant streak out so it doesn’t cloud the rest of what I write.

*inhales* This part is hard… because part of me is afraid about sharing this story with you. See, I’m a strange mix of perfectionist (ignore that term, because it probably doesn’t really apply to me, and is just dramatic), but I really want my story to be published. The only thing is that it’s no where near being published, and if I tell too many people about it too soon, and then end up changing things… have I let you all down?

I suspect some of you out there have this same fear, which is why I tell you. Because I’m about to ask if you might be willing to join me in my quest. It doesn’t pay money, it doesn’t give you more time, it’s a plea for help and encouragement… maybe even some beta-reading (which I pray is only half as scathing as when I do it 😬).

I’d be setting up a Facebook group, which means you would need to have Facebook. And I wouldn’t want you to try and stretch yourself thin. But if you have some time, and want to join me, to read snippets, see some of my extroverted thought process, answer questions like you’re already fans (*dies* WHAT AM I ASKING FOR HERE?)… (*coughs*) Yeah. Maybe do some beta-reading. See my cover art as it shapes and drags its way from the dust. All of that stuff. You’d be my street team. My Generator for Extroverted Energy (yeah, I’m essentially a vampire who sucks your energy for my own use). But, you’d get a cool name… and maybe even get to use some of my quotes for writing prompts (if they’re small enough)… and it probably wouldn’t ask from you a ton of solid time… at least until beta-reading starts. You’d also probably get to laugh at and with me, you’d get to kick me in the rump and tell me to start writing again, cry with me (actually, it would be you crying while I stare blankly at a wall), and you’d hopefully get to be some of my first readers of the finished product. Because if we (you and me) last that long… there will be rewards to hand out.

BUT! Let’s not get too far ahead.

So, if you’re willing to join me… just leave a comment here and let me know. If you can’t do Facebook, and still want to let me know… because if I get enough people who can’t use FB, I think I can create a website purely for this purpose.

Have a great day, and thank you for your time, whether it is only in reading this, whether you join me… or even and especially if you’re just a writer. That simple writer, maybe artist. Proclaim God’s word, His Truth, and you are blessed.

To which I say, God bless you in your work.

• This topic was modified 1 week ago by  Buddy J..

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@wordsmith I am afraid I have neither this aforementioned strange entity of faces, nor that fantasy called time. 😉

I hope you find some support though!

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@evelyn

*had to read through his entire post before understanding what she meant by “entity of faces”* 😂😂😂

Ah, yes. I understandeth. The entity is in many ways the least of helpful. And time itself… it is a strange thing. *nods* Thank you. I too hope some find me here, languishing in a pit of mud and words struggling to find shape.

Actually, to any of you watching, wondering if you want to give me your support, I am capable here. It’s not like I’ve gotten no where. I have two drafts behind me, have been known to write many many thousand words in a day, week, and month. Thus, my plea is one asking for mere ears and voices to help me on my journey.

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@wordsmith Sorry that was my inner poet surfacing. *pats it’s head and stuffs it back into its box*

*pulls out pom-poms*

gooooOOOO BUDDY

GO GO GO

YOU GOT THIS

GO KICK THAT THIRD DRAFT INTO SUBMISSION

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@evelyn

*blinks…* Um… thank you? Did you suddenly turn into a really intense cheer leader?

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@wordsmith Just trying to get all my support in at one time, so I can check it off the list. 😉

Seriously though, you know where I am if you ever need anything specific. *salutes*

*puts pom-poms away and pulls back out the half-written speech*

Ta-ta for now!

*vanishes into the mist*

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@evelyn

Thank you. 😊 I appreciate it. And yes, I do know where you are. *nods thoughtfully* Go write the other half of your speech.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest