A Proposition? If anyone is interested?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions A Proposition? If anyone is interested?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Grace
    @h-jones

Hello, all the world, or at least the part that happens to be occupied with whatever device they may have at the time, browsing the little corner of the interwebs known as Story Embers. I have a proposition, that doesn’t really have anything to do with writing, but I thought it was worthy to bring up. P:

So, I’m actually not entirely sure how this will turn out, or if there’s already something like this out there, but I was wondering… would anyone be interested in starting a kind of thread where, maybe about every week or so, myself (or someone) picked a Bible verse to share with other people? Since I have a hard time keeping my focus on God when I am in my “writing zone” or whatever, I thought it might meet a need of mine + maybe someone else’s too. More than that, I feel like it might do a good job of unifying us together as believers! ๐Ÿ˜€ Unity in Christ! In our Savior! That’s one of my favorite things in the world. Celebrating with people who love the same thing as I do. <3 It’s like a giant concert or conference but WAY BETTER!

But anyway. ๐Ÿ™‚

I am fully aware that there is some danger in this, considering so many of us have different beliefs and mindsets, so that’s why I think it’s probably safe to ask. Plus, since this is something that may have to be approved by El Admins – @daeus-lamb (um… are there any other admins…?)

So, there’s that. If no one responds, then I’m sure I know what the answer is. xD

Heather, out. *drops the mic*

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Donโ€™t tell anyone.

I, David
      @i-david

@h-jones Hi, Jones!

I think this is a good and prudent idea. Everyone could always use a little more Scripture in their lives. It’s also a good idea to ask to make sure it’s okay, but hopefully there won’t be any objections.

We write and walk alongside in another in the name of Christ.

Four
      INFP
      songwriter

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@h-jones

Great idea!! You have my full support. ๐Ÿ˜€ I know I need more Scripture in my day to day life.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Chelsea R.H.
      @seekjustice

@h-jones

I’m sure that will be fine. Everyone on here is extremely polite, even when debating their differing views. ๐Ÿ™‚ But I think the likelihood of a debate being sparked is pretty slim. And I think that it would be a real blessing to a lot of people.

So I say go ahead (though if you want to wait for Daeus’ ruling, feel free to do that)

Mahalo keia huiสปana

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer

This is a good idea. I’m not sure how well I’d do at keeping up with it, but it’s something I’d be interested in.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Selah
      @selah-chelyah

@h-jonesย  Ah, what an amazing idea! Absolutely, I would love to! If we all call ourselves by Christ`s name, we ought to be able to unite in the exaltation of His inspired Word. Thanks for suggesting it!! Any special method?

@daeus-lamb, @jane-maree, @j-a-penrose, @josiah, @hope-ann, @seekjustice, @rochellaine, @cassie-hartfinh, @faith-blum, @rolenahatfield, @ashira, @gabriellepollack, and every other higher-up and interested party… check this topic out! :_

For starters, these verses have been a tremendous inspiration to me as our family has gone through a lot of health issues, etc…:

“It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons…. For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.”ย  ~Hebrews 12:7-8, 11

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Selah.

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
      ~ Created to create ~

Selah
      @selah-chelyah

Oops, @seekjustice, I tagged you after you had commented on here. Sorry! ๐Ÿ™‚

~ Created to create ~

Chelsea R.H.
      @seekjustice

@selah-chelyah

No worries, it happens ๐Ÿ˜€

Mahalo keia huiสปana

Ariel Ashira
      @ashira

@h-jones *joins the group*

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Jane Maree
      @jane-maree

@h-jones This is a great idea! I think you should go ahead and make an official topic for it. ๐Ÿ˜„

Writing Heroes โ™ฆ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Selah
      @selah-chelyah

@h-jonesย  Absolutely!

~ Created to create ~

Grace
      @h-jones

@Jane-maree Awesome, okay! ๐Ÿ˜€

@ashira @selah-chelyah @seekjustice @r-m-archer @eden-Anderson @I-David Making a topic. ๐Ÿ™‚ Iโ€™ll tag you in it, and every week or so Iโ€™ll tag you all with a new verse. Let me know if you want to opt out at any time. <3

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Donโ€™t tell anyone.

R.M. Archer
        @r-m-archer

@h-jones Sounds good!

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Selah
        @selah-chelyah

@h-jonesย  Awesome! Thx.

~ Created to create ~

Gabrielle Pollack
        @gabriellepollack

@h-jones I’m rather late to the discussion, but I think this is a beautiful idea! ๐Ÿ˜€ Can you tag me in the thread? ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest