fb

A/n INTJ, History Buff, Narnian, & Team Cap! :) ~Me

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself A/n INTJ, History Buff, Narnian, & Team Cap! :) ~Me

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    RoseMaryLouise
    @rosemarylouise

@pursuewisdom HELLOOOOO!!! I’m an ENFP! And I love almost everything you mentioned! Minus of course the few things I’ve never heard of, but I’m sure I’d love them too if I had. I am a huge Les Mis fan. I just listened to the soundtrack all the way through on Monday(for the 87th time) and I’ve been singing “Empty Chairs and Empty Tables” all week(much to my family’s annoyance).

I’m not too active on the “everyone” forums, I usually stick within my guild(New Wessex is the best by the way), so you probably won’t see too much of me unless you end up in there, but I’ll try and be a little more “out there” as well. Welcome to SE!

(I just realized how intimidating my first paragraph sounded. Sorry.)

*offers coffee and metallic pen*

Friends?

E/INFP-T To truly understand, you must have experience. I neither understand, nor have experience.

Tania
    @write-owl

@pursuewisdom

Haha that would be awesome! Until newer people come and then we’ll find ourselves in a bit of a pickle 😀 I’m torn between Rillumen and Erekdale, honestly (don’t know if you saw my bantering over on my intro thread with members of both guilds. It got interesting :P)

Oh, it’s been a while since I read it. Hang on, let me find the book so I can remember the guy’s name… Bardia! I liked him a lot. Gosh, so much pain though 🙁

It is indeed a blessing that we have found this place! We don’t have to be alone with our weird thoughts now. Instead we can share them with others who have equally weird thoughts!

High-key stereotypical ENFP-T

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@evelyn

I think your name is beautiful, by the way. 🙂 I’m looking at it every time I’m typing it and I admire it (hope you don’t think I’m weird, I actually had a character I was creating once who was named Evelyn)

I’m crying with you, girl. Really. I can’t let him go… *sniffs*

I guess I’ll see which guild I’m placed it soon. They all look interesting though. 😉 It’ll be even better if I get to be placed into yours…

Honestly I love all of his works so far that I’ve read (I’m a bit proud of my extensive Lewis collection I’ve been curating for over ten years). Till We Have Faces is a favorite that’s not so well known unfortunately. Have you read it? In the Narniad, I love The Last Battle – that ending… Oh and I can’t forget to mention Dr. Ransom of the Cosmic Trilogy/Space Trilogy!

In terms of Non-Fic, The Four Loves and Mere Christianity. 🙂

Which one/s do you like the most from Lewis?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by PursueWisdom.

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." ~Th.Jefferson

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@write-owl

True, true. I guess we can’t. 😛

Haha – no I didn’t – I’m limited with time here, though, but I can certainly imagine the banter & tribalism 😀

Oh Bardia…

*sighs*

Enough said. 😉

I can relate to Orual a lot – human love is nothing but selfish without Christ. And Psyche was so perfect and admirable in her selflessness and faith, wasn’t she?

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." ~Th.Jefferson

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@rosemarylouise

😀 Of course friends! *takes the offered pen*

An ENFP! Wonderful! I’m working on creating more diverse and colorful personalities in my characters, and I don’t know of any ENFPs yet until here, so I hope you won’t mind if I ask you some questions in the future about your personality 😉

Anyway. Not intimidated at all. Honestly. I love warm welcomes. No prob – it’s fine if you’re not in the common forum a lot – it’s huge. If I land in your guild, well, we can say that we’ve “met” each other *grins* since I don’t know anyone else on here.

I need to get a Les Mis CD to listen to – you did see how many times I watched the movie though right? 😛

Evelyn
    @evelyn

I think your name is beautiful, by the way. I’m looking at it every time I’m typing it and I admire it (hope you don’t think I’m weird, I actually had a character I was creating once who was named Evelyn)

Ha, I don’t think you’re weird. 🙂 But now I’ve got to ask…. Did this Evelyn bring honor to our shared name? *hopes this character was not a villain* xD

I have not read Til We Have Faces, but I’ve only heard good things about it – and a lot too! 🙂 I definitely want to read it.

The only C.S. Lewis books I’ve actually read are the Narnia books and the Space Trilogy. Hey, did you know Dr. Ransom was inspired off of J.R.R. Tolkien? Lewis and Tolkien decided to put each other in their books and so Dr. Ransom came to be. 🙂

The Last Battle is so good! I can’t decide between that one or Horse and His Boy being my favorite Narnia book. What about you?

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@evelyn

YES! She was the heroine of the plot – are you relieved? 😀 It was supposed to be thriller; it’s on hold right now but seeing your name totally reminded me that someday I need to figure it out and write it. 🙂

Yes, def. recommend Till We Have Faces 🙂 It’s a hard read in some ways, so if you have difficulty understanding it, feel free to give me a shout out and I can give you some reference material as well as offer to discuss it with you.

Yes, I did know that actually. 🙂 Really cool, right? It was also super that Lewis included HIMSELF in Perelandra. Makes me want to do that someday.

I really cannot believe it! You love The Horse and His Boy as well!! 🙂 It was THE favorite of mine for a looong time until I finished The Last Battle. I wish Lewis had written more stories about the Golden Age (in between The Lion and Prince Caspian). Would have been fun to read about the Prevensies as kings and queens, wouldn’t it?

I’m not sure if you’ve read Planet Narnia: The Seven Heavens in the Imagination of C.S. Lewis by Michael Ward, but its a fantastic analysis/scholarly literature analysis of Lewis’s Narniad and Ransom Trilogy. Highly recommend for any and all Narnia fans. 🙂

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@pursuewisdom Neat! Well if you ever end up writing it… let me know and I’ll gladly beta read about myself being awesome… *coughs* about your character! 😉

Honestly though, if you ever do write it… I love to read thrillers! 🙂

Wait, which character did C.S. Lewis write after himself? I can only remember a couple characters in the second book. Maybe five?

I would have loved to read more books about the Golden Age too!!! Yes please!!! I have not read Planet Narnia: The Seven Heavens in the Imagination of C.S. Lewis by Michael Ward actually, but it sounds really interesting.

Actually…  I’m getting to attend a conference about the Inklings tomorrow evening and Saturday!!! I’m so excited! 😀

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@evelyn

Sure! I will! 🙂

If you look in the beginning (and I think ending) of the second book Perelandra, the “I” and then someone addressing him as “Lewis” – that’s himself. 🙂

🙂 Here’s an amazon link about it if you wish to read more about Planet Narnia: https://www.amazon.com/Planet-Narnia-Seven-Heavens-Imagination/dp/019973870X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1524090226&sr=8-1&keywords=planet+narnia

If you find this one too hard to read (it can be), I think his other book called The Narnian Code is a more accessible version about the same concepts.

Really?! Where is the conference at? Is it like a class about them? That would be so cool!

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@pursuewisdom Neat! Thank you for the link!

It’s right outside DC and yes! I’m going to be attending the lectures about their writings. 🙂

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@pursuewisdom

Thanks for the well wishes.

I am an Intermediate, but I don’t believe it, hah. You?

Thanks for all the info on Bladerunner 2049. I understand, haha, I could rant for hours about all my favorite films… or just film in general.

Wow, your thoughts on WWII are very interesting. Just curious, what do you disagree with so strongly about FDR?

I absolutely love The Great Gatsby. And anything by F.S.F.; currently reading Tender is the Night.

I actually don’t read that much historical fiction on my own… I prefer sci-fi and fantasy, basically anything speculative. But I do read a lot of historic books for my literature/theology/history curriculum; my favorite ‘historical fiction’ type thing is actually not a book, but a play… aka Hamilton, the best play ever. I learned so, so much from it about that period in history, and it also inspired me to write a paper on Hamilton. 😀

"If you called out to the void loud enough... hard enough... would the void answer back?"

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@pursuewisdom: hey, I’m a little late but I saw your an INTJ too! nice to meet you!

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

@pursuewisdom

Hey, I’m a little late but wanted to pop in and say welcome!!!! I’m fairly new as well, I’ve been here a little over half a month.

I have read Les Miserables but still, dream of watching the movie. (it is the best book ever written, Hugo is a genius!!! ) ✒

You might have already said but what genre do you like to write? I love his fic!!! and it is the only thing I have written to date though I hope to expand. Well besides two projects when I was younger, but it’s all I’ve written recently 😁

💕I love your tag by the way. It is something my dad (who is also an INTJ) is always encouraging us to do. and a very important thing to0.

*A passionate ENFP author, in training for Christ.*

RoseMaryLouise
    @rosemarylouise

@pursuewisdom I’m totally fine with questions. I love talking about myself! *flips hair* *blushes in embarrassment at how awful that sounds* I’m really not a total jerk, I promise!

Also @evelyn. Guys, huge Narnia fan here! I love them all, but my favorite is and will always be Prince Caspian. I just love it!!!! I get what you mean about needing more from the Golden Age, though. That would be awesome.

And yeah, I saw how many times you’ve seen Les Mis. I’m jealous actually. I don’t own it, so I’ve only seen it twice while at a friend’s house.

E/INFP-T To truly understand, you must have experience. I neither understand, nor have experience.

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@evelyn

Do they have the conf. every year about the Inklings? B/c I would totally go if they do it in the future…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest