fb

A Matter of Life and Death…

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions A Matter of Life and Death…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@filewriter and to everybody else that thinks this is a scam…it’s not. Selah’s telling the truth, in the best way she knows how. This guy, John Crisp, I subscribed to his reports when she suggested it, because I live near the west coast, in what experts say is the most seismically active state in the country (Nevada). So where I live is almost certainly going to be affected by what John Crisp’s report is warning about. And I know this guy is for real because he released a couple other reports since I subscribed, predicting earthquakes in Alaska and South America. Alaska’s earthquake happened just as he predicted, with the exact magnitude he forecasted. I’m still watching and waiting for South America’s earthquake, but this guy has my ear. And he sent out a warning about a quake that’s going to hit the west coast within our lifetimes. I think Selah’s just trying to look out for everybody living within the quake’s reach, but she’s also trying to keep from causing widespread panic across the forums, and in doing so, she’s risking not being taken seriously. So I’m trying to help out by saying, yes, she’s telling the truth, this is not a scam, and please, give a little weight to her warning.

@selah-chelyah
    Did I tell this right? I tried, friend. 😉

Ahyek nahd feltin'or rempak.
    I'm not promising anything.

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@cassie-hartfinh Yeah!

@filewriter
    Selah Chelyah did not mean for this to look like a scam.  I have been getting John’s quake emails for around a year now (?) and over and over I have seen him predict things that nobody else saw coming, and they happened just like he said.  She is not trying to freak people out, just inform them because she cares about them!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Filewriter
    @filewriter

@cassie-hartfinh, and @ashira, okay, thank you. And I really didn’t mean any offence by my comment. I really didn’t. It’s just…. Someone asking for my email and not really explaining why would be… A little suspicious. Don’t you think?

But, @selah-chelyah, I do apologize for not believing you. It really wasn’t personal, of course. It’s just that there are a lot of people who do scam people and it can be hard to tell the difference between honest and dishonest sometimes. Even here in Story Embers where you feel among friends. I do understand now why you would want to keep it secret so as not to cause a lot of panic. Now. I really hope I didn’t offend you by my mistrust. It’s only because I don’t really know you. 😏

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@filewriter Its okay, no hard feelings.  Especially if you dont know them, I agree its a bit suspicious sounding.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@filewriter Yeah, I get it. It’s all good. If I didn’t know Selah better, I’d probably be more skeptical too. (sorry Selah, lol) But since I do know her, I know she genuinely cares about everybody and she’s just trying to warn everyone that something big’s about to happen. I’m considering myself warned. -_-

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@filewriter

I am not offended! 🙂 I appreciate your honesty, and what @ashira and @cassie-hartfinh said was true as well. You can read my next post which you may find interesting. I admire you for your caution…I might do the same thing! 😀

You can take their word for it, however, that the info is pertinent as well as timely, and important! You can ask @parker as well if that helps. 🙂

@ashira
      @cassie-hartfinh

Thank you guys! I am posting some more info on here that will hopefully clear up some questions and maybe even doubts. You guys are awesome, and what you said was right on! Your support and thoughtfulness is amazing. 🙂

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

THIS IS SOMETHING THAT THE FRIEND WHO SENDS OUT THE EMAILS/QUAKE WARNINGS WROTE ABOUT WHO HE IS AND WHY HE IS SENDING OUT THESE REPORTS. I WOULD REALLY ENCOURAGE ALL OF YOU TO READ IT FOR YOURSELF!

(He sends out every-three-days reports on worldwide quake forecasts, free of charge and personal info… 🙂 )

Forum subscribers have right to be skeptical and wary.  Scammers, spammers, charlatans, hucksters, frauds, cultists, false prophets, and deceivers are everywhere on-line these days, taking advantage of the gullible and ignorant, with money as their primary motive (I Timothy 6:9-10).  I have spent a good deal of time over the years publicly exposing many of them by name to warn Christians.  Believers are to “try the spirits, whether they are of God” (I John 4:1).  I would only expect skepticism and critical thinking should be applied to this matter as well.  But before you dismiss this content without a second look, please also remember that Proverbs teaches us “He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.” (Proverbs 18:13).  So take a moment to hear me out.

Jesus reminded the Jews of his day that there were certain “signs” that could be seen in the creation by which weather could be forecasted (Matthew 16:13), and chided them for their hypocrisy in understanding weather signs but not the signs of the times.  Earthquakes and deception are two specific signs of the times associated with the last days and Christ’s second coming.

Let me introduce myself, since you do not know who I am.  My name is John Crisp, and I am a long-time friend of Selah’s family.  I am a Christian, a life-time resident of Kansas, and a pastor for over 40 years, with a background in the sciences.  I grew up on a farm and worked with a creation scientist (now deceased) while in my youth, helping to produce some of the early Christian filmstrips for children about God’s creation.  I would go on to train Christian youth in how to debate evolutionists and discern evolutionary propaganda at a college level.  Today, I live on an organic farm, and continue to teach the next generation about the wonders of God’s creation through various teaching venues.  I have preached and taught the Bible, verse-by-verse, for over 40 years, and continue to do so.

Over the past 15 years, I have monitored earthquakes worldwide on an almost daily basis.  My curiosity about earthquakes was initially peaked when I began searching for answers as to why so many earthquakes were occurring in northern Oklahoma, when there were no major faults there associated with earthquake activity.  In previous years, Oklahoma had very few quakes, and most of them were small in magnitude.  After looking at the mass of evidence and plotting earthquakes on a map over the years, I became convinced that there was a direct correlation between waste water injection wells (“fracking”) and earthquakes.  Though scientists and oil company spokesmen denied this, my own research provided me with enough information to prove the connection beyond a reasonable doubt.

As a Christian, I prayed very specifically, asking God if there were patterns in seismic activity that could be observed, and if it were possible to discern them, to please show me what they were.  I asked in faith, nothing wavering (James 1:6).  Over time, and with diligent study, God has answered that prayer very specifically.

I am by nature an observant person, and a life-long student of God’s creation.  In nature, one sees patterns and cycles everywhere.  I began to wonder whether earthquakes followed any certain patterns or cycles that could be ascertained, and if so, could earthquakes then be forecasted with accuracy, in much the same way as a weatherman uses data to forecast severe storms or tornadoes.

Earth science textbooks at all levels adamantly state that earthquakes are random events, and unrelated to one another over distance.  Every feature news article I read about large earthquakes concluded with the same mantra that earthquakes are random events and therefore cannot be predicted. Undeterred, I continued to research the possibility of forecasting earthquakes.

My earthquake research got much more serious in 2011, when a M9.0 mega-quake struck Japan, causing a tsunami that killed tens of thousands of people.  Thousands of lives could have been saved if there had been an early warning system in place.  If earthquakes could be forecasted with accuracy, then it would be possible that early watches and warnings could be broadcasted in much the same way that a tornado watch or storm warning is.

Over time, as I repeatedly plotted earthquake coordinates on a map, patterns began to emerge, and when correctly interpreted, gave me the ability to make regional forecasts with a high degree of accuracy.  I quickly began to realize that earthquakes are not random at all.  They are “cause and effect” events that can in most cases be accurately forecasted.  My forecasting methods are based on observations, past precedents, and simple physics.  I do not and have never used astrology, visions, clairvoyance, voodoo, algorithms, statistical probabilities, or any other method.  I have been entirely transparent with this field of study in terms of what I have learned. and I have documented it carefully through the years.  I make no claims to be an expert in this field, or any other field.  I remain only a student, always learning.

Since 2015, I have been sending out earthquake forecasts based on my research to an e-mail list of subscribers.  The number of target regions named in my forecasts has steadily increased, and my accuracy has improved significantly.

In recent months, I began documenting for my readers’ benefit the forecasted target regions alongside the actual magnitudes of the quakes that occurred for comparison, using USGS and EMSC (official earthquake reporting agencies) reports from on-line public feeds.  For reference, my forecasts typically cover a 7-10 day time frame and generally specify 45-50+ regional targets across the world.  My current accuracy rating, as witnessed by hundreds of subscribers for the most recent 30 consecutive forecasts covering a period from June 10 through December 25, 2018, specifically named over 1,300 target regions.  My accuracy over that span of time was 100% on named target regions that were struck by earthquakes within the specified time frames given.  My forecasted magnitude ranges for these earthquakes (allowing a one magnitude margin of error) has an accuracy of 99.3%.  This record speaks for itself. To my knowledge, no one else has this kind of accuracy in forecasting earthquakes anywhere in the world.

I have successfully forecasted thousands of earthquakes over the past three years, including most of the largest magnitude quakes that have occurred, even though professionals have repeatedly and dogmatically claimed this is impossible.  I specifically forecasted the recent M6.9 quake that struck Hawaii in relation to the Kilauea volcano eruption.  I forecasted the M6.9 quake that struck Lombok, Indonesia.  I forecasted the 2017 M7.1 quake that rattled Mexico City, killing hundreds of people.  In 2016, I forecasted the M7.9 quake that struck New Zealand and the M6.5 quake that struck central Italy, killing over 300 people.  I forecasted the Christmas Day M7.6 quake in southern Chile in that same year. I forecasted the M7.0 quake that occurred this past week in northern Indonesia/southern Philippines.  These are not wild claims.  They have been repeatedly witnessed by my subscribers and are documented in print.

For example, my readers knew to watch for a M6.0+ quake to strike off the coast of Oregon earlier this year.  A M6.2 quake struck, exactly as I had forecasted – the largest quake to strike the region in the last decade.  This was no lucky fluke or “shot in the dark” to name that location and specify the magnitude range.  The same is true of the M7.1 quake that struck near the island of New Caledonia in the south Pacific a few days later.  I gave the time frame, magnitude range, and specified the island by name over 10 days before the quake struck, as my subscribers can attest.

My earthquake forecasts are not put forth in vague generalities, but are regionally specific.  I forecasted over a week ago that the Azores Islands, off the coast of Portugal, would be struck by one or more earthquakes in the M4.9-5.9 range.  Both M4.9 and M5.1 quakes have struck in the last two days, and the forecast time frame is not yet over.

My readers knew that December would bring unprecedented, high seismic activity across the world, because of my very specific forecasts indicating this would happen.  And this is exactly what has come to pass.  It has been a record-breaking month for seismic events across the world.  We have seen five M7.0+ quakes strike in the world in just a little over 3 weeks’ time.

Over 90% of the time, my readers learn about large earthquakes and major volcanic eruptions long before any major media broadcasts it on the news, because of my BREAKING NEWS e-mail notifications.  I tell you what is happening, and where to watch for moderate to major quakes to strike worldwide, from days to a week or more before they happen.

In my Earthquake News and Updates, which is sent out via e-mail every three days, I provide earthquake reports from official agencies, a summary of seismic activity, swarm information, monitor worldwide volcanic activity, keep my finger on what is happening at Yellowstone, cite links to news articles and other pertinent information, while teaching my readers the “how-to” of earthquake forecasting using the principles that have been developed over the past decade.  Along with specific regional forecasts, subscribers also receive practical prep tips on how to be ready in the event of a major earthquake occurring.  Breaking News alerts are sent out when major earthquakes are happening, as the events unfold.

I send out these earthquake forecasts and alerts at no cost to my subscribers, with the understanding that they will use their various means of communication, including social media, to pass on the word, in order to save lives.  I have no sponsors and no financial backing to do this.  It is entirely volunteer work with a limited amount of time for one man to accomplish as a part-time hobby.  I do not solicit readers for money and I have never been paid a dime.  I do not sell subscribers e-mail addresses or provide them to anyone else – they are kept secure and private.  I am not selling anything or trying to make a name for myself.  This isn’t about fame or money.

My subscribers, who come from across the world, have provided me with “boots on the ground” reports that confirm these forecasts and document the aftermath in written accounts, descriptions, and photos.  Lives have been saved and injuries averted because of subscribers’ efforts to communicate these forecasts across the world.  Churches, missionary organizations, schools, city and local governments across the world are now using this information to warn their people in a timely manner when the possibility of large earthquakes is imminent.  Others on rescue squads or in humanitarian groups have known where to go based on my forecasts and specific reporting of earthquake damages after the fact.

Instead of the government spending millions of taxpayers’ dollars on a “proposed” 8-second earthquake warning which they hope to develop some day, you can now know days to a week or more in advance before a moderate to major earthquake is likely to strike.  This is a public service provided at no cost.

Thank you for taking the time to read this important information, and for those who have passed the word along to others.

Watch and see!

-John Crisp

~ Created to create ~

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@happyholly_c  @thewirelessblade  @kari-karast  @noahlitle  @literatureforthelight  @seekjustice  @filewriter  @ncstokes  @corissa  @kelly-lundgren  @mairin-atha  @countryboy77

Can you all take the time to read the above post? It is important for everyone, regardless of where you live. Esp those on the West coast at the moment, but for everyone everywhere!! I would just ask that you take the ten minutes and read this if you can. Thank you all for your honesty, and I appreciate you being real with me. 🙂

~ Created to create ~

Mairin Atha
    @mairin-atha

Thank you so much for your love and concern for us, @selah-chelyah!! *hugs*

I have a couple of questions. When is this earthquake going to happen? And what are you and your family going to do to prepare? (You can email me the answers if you want :D)

Thank you again!! *sends more hugs*

*Will not the deepening darkness / Brighten the glimmering star?*

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@selah-chelyah Glad I interpreted your intentions right! 😉 I’m always happy to step up and help people understand other people better!

@mairin-atha
    First of all, I love your name! I might use it in a book someday. Second, to answer your question, you know how forecasters do ‘tornado watches’ versus ‘tornado warnings’? That’s what this man, Mr. John Crisp, does. When we are within years or months (as I understand it) of a big earthquake for a particular region, he’ll put a ‘watch’ on it, and give updates every few days. Then when he’s sure the earthquake is mere days from occurring, he’ll put a ‘warning’ and tell everyone to get ready! So right now, this particular earthquake for the west coast is on a watch. But He described in one of his recent newsletters (right after I subscribed, thanks, Selah!) that the fault lines he’s watching are moving around a bit, causing a small amount of earthquakes of minute magnitudes. He says that in the near future, right before the fault lines release their energy, they’ll go dormant for a couple days. Then he’ll send out a major warning, when he sees that happening. He monitors this stuff on a daily basis.

All that to say, we’re probably months to a year from this happening, is my best guess. Selah, am I close?

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@mairin-atha

Yeah, refer to what @cassie-hartfinh said, and the warning that I sent you via email. Did you read that?! Thank you so much for your gratefulness, it means a lot!! Nice to have my guild supporters on here. 😛

GREAT questions! Answering the first question, I have to disagree a bit with Cassie and say it could happen MUCH sooner than she mentioned. As in, literally any day. Also, this is not JUST For the West coast. That is originally what I had in mind with this topic, but honestly everywhere in the world is getting slammed with an unprecedented amount of seismic activity in the recent weeks and months especially! Thus it is important to know what is going on, and thus why I am so grateful for John’s updates that, unlike ANYONE in the world right now, give you  warning (like Cassie said) on earthquakes days and weeks before they hit. It is unbelievable how accurate he is, and how much he forecasts in his watches every three days.

Answer to question two- Our family’s preparedness… First, we get his updates which warn us about where in the world will be hit, when, and what magnitude to expect. Knowing days in advance is life-saving if an earthquake where headed for your area! Also, we have emergency kits that we are preparing in the case of disaster. John has a list of items that are essential for survival and should be taken with you in your vehicle, etc…  Does that make sense? Basically, being prepared for if/when disaster should strike, and also having the advance knowledge days ahead of when the quake strikes.

Lastly, I have to add something that I know you already know, that God is always in control and we ask him for his protection and safety on our trips and even daily life. Ultimately, everything is in His hands!

@cassie-hartfinh

Right on again, dear friend! You are so awesome! 😀

I would disagree with the last thing you said, though, and that is that it will be months or years before this goes. I believe that John believes it will potentially be MUCH sooner than that…and it could be any day. It may possibly be that long, but it could also be tomorrow! (No exaggeration)

~ Created to create ~

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

Earth science textbooks at all levels adamantly state that earthquakes are random events, and unrelated to one another over distance.  Every feature news article I read about large earthquakes concluded with the same mantra that earthquakes are random events and therefore cannot be predicted. Undeterred, I continued to research the possibility of forecasting earthquakes.

This is basically accepted, though, and has been at least contended by a large portion of the scientific community for more than a decade. If Mr. Crisp is doing good, then very well, but things like this, claiming to be be a lone wolf for God in a willfully ignorant and unbelieving world, put a very bad taste in my mouth. It kind of reads like he either doesn’t realize himself what “random events” actually means, or is talking down to his readers who he thinks won’t know what “random events” means. And he seems to know enough of what he’s talking about that he wouldn’t be ignorant of it.

And in fact it’s pretty commonly accepted that the disposal wells used in fracking displace stuff so far down that they do indeed cause earthquakes.

But still, regardless of how he presents himself, it’s an impressive body of work. This guy used to do the same thing but he really hasn’t done anything for months, I think. And I think his success rate is about 10% lower than Mr. Crisp’s.

The biggest red flag remaining for me is wondering why Mr. Crisp doesn’t maintain a web site? It sounds immensely fishy to me that if he is trying to help people and save lives, then he puts his information in a hard-to reach place where you need to know a guy to get it :-\

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@taylorclogston

Thank you for your input, Taylor. If I did not know him as well as I do, I might tend to think he was being overly defensive and sounding pretty iffy as well.

John did mention that he is not paid for the research he does daily and sends out in his forecasts, and it does not thus seem super surprising that he does not have the time and ability to have a website. The shocking thing is that he manages to do what he does!

If he comes across as somewhat overly defensive, it is not meant to be overbearing, only as truth simply stated. The facts are, those who go against the grain of traditional thinking are not appreciated very much, to say the least. Persecution is not an unknown thing for those who are standing up for what is right and true. So I would ask you not to judge him for seeming defensive when you do not know him and all he has come against. 🙂

Also, if what he is doing is clearly working as he has 100% accuracy and is saving lives at no benefit to himself, then why not use the knowledge he shares?

~ Created to create ~

Grace
    @literatureforthelight

@selah-chelyah Thank you for attaching the information! I am actually no longer in the West Coast (my life is a little bit complicated) but I appreciate you tagging me, nevertheless!

@taylorclogston
    I agree that he should start a website or otherwise be in the public eye. Even though what he does isn’t supported by many scientists, surely his 100% accuracy should speak for itself.

Calvin '25 // The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5)

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@literatureforthelight

Thanks, Grace. Glad you read it. 🙂

~ Created to create ~

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest